KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Hunted

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Hunted
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (34): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Ahhh.... I see.)

Kyle saw his tactic of a straight run wasn't panning out like he hoped. "Eerin, new plan: hang on. We're going to try to tie 'em up in their own defence network. Instead of running flat-out Kyle begins weaving through the defence network, trying to either run his pursuers into something, or get them shot at. At the very least the abrupt change should confuse them.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 12:23 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

(Typical Rebel planning)

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 03:00 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Damn straight.

Eerin blasts at the Fighter at 18 Pep.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 05:04 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Kyle's piloting value on 'Shake 'Em!' rolls is still 17, due to Favorite Seat and a Daredevil bonus of +2.

Kyle's sudden maneuvering catches the Fighters completely off-guard. Five Pep lost by all Fighters, as Kyle pulls off a 20. Eerin succeeds in dropping another five Pep from the fighter he shoots at.

Striving to pursue, the Fighters all elect to keep at their chase. With the new obstacles, it is difficult for them to keep up.

One of the Fighters is blasted apart by the defense satellites, two more collide with the energy barriers, and another two simply drop out of the race, valuing their lives.

-

PURSUIT ABOVE NAADAL

Last Laugh: 18

Fighter x 1: 14
Fighter x 1: 12
Fighter x 2: 8
Fighter x 1: 7
Fighter x 1: 6
Fighter x 1: 4
Fighter x 1: 3
Fighter x 2: 1

-

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 05:20 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(See Melkor? Just the way I planned...)

"Haha! That's more like it, eh buddy? Let's give'em some more." Kyle yells in triumph as he jerks the control yoke to throw his ship into another crazy set of manovers.

(More of the same, mister GM.)

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 05:14 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I will move on, as there are no targets Eerin can currently hit. He can give an additional +1 bonus to Shake 'Em rolls by putting the fighters under pressure.

This time, your piloting does not go as well as you'd hoped. As you attempt to lose them in the maze of barriers, you clip one wall of energy. The shields flare violently and shake the ship, but you maintain your current speed.

The four fighters try their luck again with slowing your vessel. Their shots flash against the energy barriers and damage a few satellites around you, but two of the Fighters manage to clip the Last Laugh. Two Pep lost.

Another Fighter drops from the chase.

-

PURSUIT ABOVE NAADAL

Last Laugh: 16

Fighter x 1: 14
Fighter x 1: 12
Fighter x 1: 9
Fighter x 2: 8
Fighter x 1: 6
Fighter x 1: 2
Fighter x 1: 1

-

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 10:42 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"If they scratched the paint I'm gonna be really mad!" Kyle shouts out loud, though not at anyone in particular. He continues to weave and jink through the maze of defences, trying to shake more fighters.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 12:22 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Eerin will spray randomly!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 06:17 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Good rolling this round, Kyle. With Eerin's bonus, your skill is 18; no contest! Five Pep off their scores. More fighters drop from the chase.

All fighters attempt to vector in and close off your routes at this point. Some good rolling on their parts. 3 Pep lost.

-

PURSUIT ABOVE NAADAL

Last Laugh: 13

Fighter x 2: 3

-

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 06:32 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Seeing that the fighters are trying to block him in, Kyle picks the nearest open route and guns it again, trying to make for open space. "Eerin, hold on, we're making another run for it!"
(So we'll go back to another round of pouring on speed to outrun the lot of them.)

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 08:07 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Tremendously good rolling on their part, dropping from your seven of your Pep, but you make up most of it with a sudden burst of Speed!

-

PURSUIT ABOVE NAADAL

Last Laugh: 12

Fighter x 2: 3

-

By now you're coming to the edge of the defensive system. Once you're out, you'll be able to jump into hyperspace.

However, you need to get these fighters gone. If you make the jump to hyperspace while being fired upon, you could potentially rip a hole in the shields and drain your engine in mid-jump. That would end your trip real quick...

Four turns to lose the fighters, or this becomes a Starfight against the fighters remaining.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 12:38 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Ok, we'll push hard to lose as many as we can, then when we have no choice we'll nail the ones too stupid to turn around.)

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 11:22 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Consider your tactics a success as four more fighters drop from the chase, leaving the leaders.

They both roll 20's, getting dangerously close and cutting off your routes with cannon fire.

-

PURSUIT ABOVE NAADAL

Last Laugh: 8

Fighter x 1: 2

-

You can see the definitive line where the satellites stop coming up rapidly...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 03:56 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Sorry for the delay, i though I posted this this morning, but...)

"Eerin, get ready, when we clear these satellites we're going to turn on the last of our pursuers here. We'll mop them up and jump out of here."

(Full out run to clear the asteroids, might as well try to shake one more. Then we'll fight whoever's left.)

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 05:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

No worries, Kyle. With your effective skill of 18 on Shake 'Em! rolls, you would have to roll a 4 to not get any results. As it is, you roll a 16.

On the last stretch, the Last Laugh zig-zags between the energy walls, which the last two pilots collide with. They are immediately vaporized.

You're home free!

Now to return to the Hutts with that big ol' crate of chromium...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 12:10 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"Alright Eerin, we're in the clear. I'm going to jump." Kyle lets the navicomputer finish it's calculations and pulls the levers that send his ship into hyperspace.
No longer needed to control his ship, Kyle sits back in his chair and sighs. "We're on our way to deliver payment to the Hutts. Remind me when we get there to have a chat about carrying nuclear weapons. We should double our fees for that sort of cargo."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 12:36 AM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"[We shouldn't be carrying like that at all]," Eerin responds, powering down the weapons systems and diverting power to the engines before heading up to the cockpit. "[What we just did had way too much effect on a war that wasn't ours]."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 12:46 AM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

(Okay, I must be having problems with my computer or something. Two days in a row I've posted responses before I go in to work, see then post and then they aren't here in the afternoon. Jesus.)

"Hey, we didn't set the things off! Besides, if you're going to start gauging effects of what we carry, where is the cutoff? 1000 blasters? Two bombs? We don't decide how the things are used. Besides, it's not like weapons are all we carry. Don't sweat it." Kyle pondered it for a monent then added. "Although, I guess Nuclear bombs are a little extreme."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 05:07 PM
Bespin Bart
Buggy

"[I'll say! I just don't think we should carry cargo of that nature. I can understand weapon shipments, but not nuclear bombs and poisonous gas. Have you ever inhaled dioxis? The Empire used to torture my people with it. It feels like having your lungs ripped out]."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 10:28 PM
Jazzman_78
Jedi

"If I'd inhaled dioxis, we wouldn't be having this conversation, would we?" Kyle thinks about the nuclear blast they witnessed. He'd never seen anything like that before. "But alright, I'm not heartless. No more nuclear weapons. And I don't like carrying gas anyhow, always worried about leaks if the cannister get roughed up a bit. It does get bumpy in here some times." Kyle finished with a grin. Then jokes, "So, you happy now? We've oficially reduced our employability by a little bit."

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 11:51 PM