KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Hunter

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- The Hunter
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (44): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

Tib cracks his spiny forehead into yours, dead-on. You stumble back, your head reeling. You think you might be bleeding...

At 76 damage, you make your impossible-to-fail first Death Check. Oh, how surprising, you pass. Still, another point of impairment...

Your flamethrower strike rolls a 3; with your penalties, that is effectively a 0. Reeling from the headbutt, your stream of fire is a tad less accurate than you'd hoped...

-

CHASE ON APARTMENT LEVEL

Walkway

Rylis: 4/76/72

Tib: ?/60/71

-

Tib is going to make a break for it; you get a free attack.

Last edited by REXXXX on Dec 12th, 2007 at 02:32 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:23 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Shoot him with the spikegun...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:27 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

As Tib turns tail, you attempt to spike him in the back. He cannot dodge this free attack, and so cannot spend a Fortune point on a dodge that he is not making.

A 19! Much better. All six spikes thump into his back, bringing him to 68 damage. He's now at three points of impairment, thanks to those cuffs.

-

CHASE ON APARTMENT LEVEL

Walkway

Rylis: 4/76/75

Tib: ?/68/75

5 frames ahead

-

Tib runs for dear life, taking another adrenaline boost. He dashes off across the platform, with severe burnings and about 16 spikes stuck in him. The Helodiras are hardy folk, apparently...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:34 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Rylis is going to take off with her jetpack and chase after.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 02:35 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Amending that post, actually.

Rylis is going to fly after him until she catches up, and then land and quickly attack with Channel.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:30 AM
REXXXX
Networking

He moves as you move; he moves one frame, you move two.

On 76, he's 4 frames ahead.

On 77, he's 3 frames ahead.

On 78, he's 2 frames ahead.

On 79, he's 1 frame ahead...

On 80, you catch up and are on equal frames...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:31 AM
Peach
mordrem

Right, Rylis is going to attack him again, using Channel (as I just said I'd do once caught up) stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:32 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Tib does not expect a divebombing punch and doesn't dodge. With your momentum, I'm going to say that you get a damage bonus, a heavy metal object roaring straight at him with fist extended...

As he's not dodging, it's a difficulty of 13 to hit, but to not go spinning out of control in the process is a slightly higher difficulty.

Still want to go for it? I've already made the rolls...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:36 AM
Peach
mordrem

Ahhhhhh I hate when people make comments like that, always guaranteed to make me think I've screwed up horribly...

Yes. May as well go for it at this point. Not exactly sure how Rylis would spin out of control as she shouldn't have been flying that much higher but whatever...stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

You could always hit him but then go spinning towards a wall...

With the -3 penalty, your Combat skill is 10. You roar towards him...and roll a 16. You shoulder-barge into him. Your Strength is 7, +3 from Channel, +3 from the Outcome...and +10 from your high speed collision. Even with his armor, that's 13 damage to him, and he's sent prone.

With the -3 penalty, your Pilot skill is 8. As you recover from the collision, you careen towards a wall...but promptly roll a 19 (20 with Daredevil!). You quickly stabilize and come in for a landing...

-

CHASE ON APARTMENT LEVEL

Walkway

Rylis: 4/76/83

Tib: ?/81/86

-

Tib passes his Death Check. He'll be up on frame 86...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:50 AM
Peach
mordrem

Oh, he's not getting back up. Rylis is going to take her second set of cuffs and cuff his legs again.

If he doesn't like that...then he can meet the flamethrower or spikegun again.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:52 AM
REXXXX
Networking

That rolls off of Combat. Fine with that?

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:55 AM
Peach
mordrem

Well, it's that or attack again and possibly kill him and though Rylis is actually rather pissed off, she still would rather get him alive...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 04:59 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Hmm...a 6...

As you try to slap on the cuffs, he scrambles away, struggling to get to his feet.

"[Stop it! Leave me alone!]"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:04 AM
Peach
mordrem

"Oh, you've had your chances. Now, I don't like to kill, but I have been known to make exceptions." Rylis replies, pulling her blaster back out and sticking it in Tib's face. "So how many pieces would you like to be in?"

If he makes an indication of running or attacking again, shoot him.

Pity Strike to Subdue doesn't really exist for this...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:08 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"[One...]" he answers.

He gets to his feet, but stays rooted on the spot, waiting for your directions.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:12 AM
Peach
mordrem

"Let's go. Any more tricks from you and I'll be bringing back a corpse."

Rylis will begin heading back to her ship, making Tib walk just in front of her so she can keep an eye on him, her blaster held against the back of his neck.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 05:24 AM
REXXXX
Networking

For having a blaster pressed against his neck, he sure does complain a lot.

"[I didn't kill anyone! Who put you up to this? Who put out the bounty?]"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 06:07 AM
Peach
mordrem

"Someone has a guilty conscience. How do you know it's even murder you're wanted for?" Rylis replies, not answering his questions (mostly because I didn't think to find that out before). "Now be quiet."

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 06:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

It's some private Hutt contract; the bounty mentions to just send off your coordinates to the poster of the bounty and the Hutt's men will retrieve him from your care and pay up.

"[I...dammit. Well, it's not like the bastard didn't deserve it. He owed me money!]"

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 06:13 AM