KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Games 'Respect' Forum » The Cyberdemon

The Cyberdemon
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Ahh I remembered the first time I encountered the Cyberdemon way back when

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 03:27 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Good times. smile

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 03:27 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

What? When you first encountered the Cyberdemon? No it wasn't!

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 03:29 PM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Burning thought
thats why i only said the Doom 3 one you see, because there are no other cyber demons in Doom 3, thats the only one

but yes the other versions of the demon in other games can be

I know. I was just clarifying smile

We do not want missunderstandings in the respect thread stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 03:42 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

lmao, Space marine would clear the covenant and turn them to dust, hed prob break the inferior weapons MC has to work with and use his own BFG 9k or plasma machine cannon. MC would end up garbage if he tried to get through hell, and so would a normal marine

Inferior?

I certaintly hope you're not comparing Covenent weapons to those gay little fireballs that get thrown at you and inferior ballistic weapons?

Besides, it doesn't matter still. EVen with the BFG everything would be futile. The Chief is faster, stronger, and more durable then the space marine. As such minus the PIS SOul cube the Chief could actually pretty much solo the game.

I'll even go out on a limb here. I doubt the large majority of demons can even penetrate his armor.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 04:45 PM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yeh rite and his amazing falling from a few KM and knocked out feat to back this up

cant even penetrate his armour my @ss, how would those puny covenant loons have a chance, their ridiculous things, or their weapons...also MC uses ballistic weaponry, works for him doesnt it......also prove the fireballs are weak?..you probably cant, but hey..their gay little fireballs, not the uberz little shard launchers and inaccurate plasma weapons

also what do you mean, ballistic, what do covenant use thats so much better than a plasma rifle? energy cannon etc etc..theyd be ripped apart by mini gun fire

Chief would be destroyed in a non PIS/CIS Doom

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 05:00 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Originally posted by ESB -1138

I had the first Doom.

???

Old Post Dec 4th, 2007 05:35 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

[B]yeh rite and his amazing falling from a few KM and knocked out feat to back this up

Certaintly does. Not too mention the stuff from the books.

quote:
cant even penetrate his armour my @ss, how would those puny covenant loons have a chance, their ridiculous things, or their weapons.

Those "loony things" conquered the entire Galaxy and won every battle out of over a hundred battles against the UNSC. They only lost because of the civil war.

quote:
..also MC uses ballistic weaponry, works for him doesnt it.....

Yeah, but only because the Chief doesn't rely on his inferior weaponry. He relies on his speed and strength advantages. If you want to see how a typical ballistic vs. plasma fight goes, look at teh cinematic for Halo Wars. Covenent plasma weaponry burns right through marines in one hit. It goes straight through all there armor. The books also show this.

quote:
also prove the fireballs are weak?..

The fact that they barely hurt you even though you're only wearing armor.. armor that doesn't even cover your whole body. The Chief's armor is near unbreakable yet plasma weaponry can go right through it.

quote:
their gay little fireballs, not the uberz little shard launchers and inaccurate plasma weapons

Those "little shard weapons" can actually gut a Marine in only a couple of hits. They are razor sharp and dig into your skin, then explode. And Inaccurate? Stop playing on the noob difficulty and play on the canon difficulties. The Covenent's aim is perfect and much faster.

quote:
also what do you mean, ballistic, what do covenant use thats so much better than a plasma rifle? energy cannon etc etc..theyd be ripped apart by mini gun fire

By ballistic I was referring to actual bullets, lead, etc.

Funny because the UNSC has been using mini-guns yet they still get raped easily.

quote:
Chief would be destroyed in a non PIS/CIS Doom

In a non-PIS environment the Chief will do everything that the doom guy did except in half the time and without the hardship. I've said it once, twice, I'll say it again.

There is nothing outside PIS the doom guy can do that the Chief can't do better.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 05:37 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

Originally posted by ESB -1138

There was only one in Doom. Level 23: Tower of Babel.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 05:49 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

Originally posted by Blax_Hydralisk
In a non-PIS environment the Chief will do everything that the doom guy did except in half the time and without the hardship. I've said it once, twice, I'll say it again.

There is nothing outside PIS the doom guy can do that the Chief can't do better.

Methinks you overrate MC

MC cannot kill the Cyberdemon

Whats up with your sig?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:24 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Methinks you'll need a better argument then "He can't do it".

I've seen the Cyberdemon fight on it's hardest difficulty. It's pitiful and pathetic. A guy actually beat him using just his fists.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:34 AM
EvilAngel
Over the hills

I've seen the Cyberdemon fight on it's hardest difficulty. It's pitiful and pathetic. A guy actually beat him using just his fists.

^^ Only reason Doomguy can do it IMO is because of the things he picks up throughout the game, they put him ahead of MC

I think thats a pretty lame arguement, using the point a monster a very old game attacks simply thats why MC with is a poor point. The AI from that game is pitiful as you put it, so i really don't accept that as a fighting arguement.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:37 AM
EvilAngel is currently offline Click here to Send EvilAngel a Private Message Find more posts by EvilAngel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

With his fists? Methinks the game was hacked/modded because the majority of weapons in Doom will not so much as make the least dent in the Cyberdemon.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:38 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Then back it up. Give me something that makes him look intimidating at all, please.

If the only cinematic that we can go by are the ones from the game itself then so be it.. the Cyberdemon suffers because of it.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:38 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lana
With his fists? Methinks the game was hacked/modded because the majority of weapons in Doom will not so much as make the least dent in the Cyberdemon.

Neg. There was a cheat put in but it only refills your weapons and gives you max armor, and the guy only put it in once, before the match started. Other then that he just used what he had.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:40 AM
Peach
mordrem

Neg. There was a cheat put in but it only refills your weapons and gives you max armor, and the guy only put it in once, before the match started. Other then that he just used what he had.

I don't believe it for an instant. I've played Doom...hell, I probably played the original before half of you were born. It's just not possible.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:42 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe, maybe not. I've played it too.

The guy there uses a cheat to get max amoo and armor I think.

But aside from that he wins.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:45 AM
Snafu the Great
Jerkass Woobie

I don't believe it for an instant. I've played Doom...hell, I probably played the original before half of you were born. It's just not possible.

I've also played Doom. Hell, I've played every single Doom from the PC to the 360. Depending on which version you play, there are some codes you can put in for Invunerablity, Weapon refill and all Keys and my favorite, level skip.

But sticking in cheat codes takes away the purity of the game, me personally.

Chuck Norris learned his trademark move, along with his sense of duty and justice, from Jesus after watching Him roundhouse kick a money changer out of the temple.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:45 AM
Snafu the Great is currently offline Click here to Send Snafu the Great a Private Message Find more posts by Snafu the Great Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EvilAngel
Over the hills

If you saw his use a cheat he's problably got loads of them going. When i was lookngi for a Terra boss battle for my respect thread i had that problem, most videos that show some remarkable gameplay have codes gonig on in the background, he was taking much less damage and donig much more than they should have.

It's not hard to make a codes like those, that are nice and subtle, Easy to fool folks who have never play the game so don't know otherwise

When did doom 1 come out? O.o

[Edit]

Originally posted by Snafu the Great
But sticking in cheat codes takes away the purity of the game, me personally.

My rule on cheating is, big no no, unless you beaten the game at it's hardest, they you may aswelll kick back and have fun. Invunerability cheat suck, low gravity cheats like the ones on UT04 fun fun fun. Also Spawning scorpions in normal maps is amusing the first few times.

Any kinda cheat that makes the game easy sucks, no point in them, and you really shouldn't need them.

Last edited by EvilAngel on Dec 5th, 2007 at 06:50 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:46 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree Snafu. No point in putting in cheat codes, honestly.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:46 AM