KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Neo vs. Narutoverse

Neo vs. Narutoverse
Started by: 123KID

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Trackz

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
1. Prove it.

2. Yet he died.
no neo is still alive, the story of the matrix continues in theonline game, where it is revealed neo is still alive

Old Post May 19th, 2008 02:36 AM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kento
I sure he means their spacial warp jutsu that allow them to get anywhere instantly.

Goku has that and yet you say Superman's faster.

Your arguements are so inconssitant.

Old Post May 20th, 2008 09:24 PM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trackz

Originally posted by Combat_Guru

actually he really wasnt arguing for the other side just stating why Magee thinks the 4 hokage is faster

Old Post May 20th, 2008 09:31 PM
Trackz is currently offline Click here to Send Trackz a Private Message Find more posts by Trackz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
what speed eat do they have equal to neos?
Tobi can move at "light speed" or instantly the same with the 4th hokage using space time jutsu. Even excluding them a lot of Naruto characters are faster than Neo. Neo only showed the ability to travel fast, he never showed any great speed fighting, dodging bullets was about as impressive as he got speed wise.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 12:12 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Like DestinyGuy already pointed out I was just stating what I thought Magee was talking about. And I think Gokou could use IT and get places a lot faster than Superman...but it's not going to help him since Gokou can't punch or move as fast as he can teleport.

Personally I think Neo could just plow through everybody going as fast as he did to catch Trinity when she was falling, when everything behind him was being destroyed by him flying by, and beat all but probably Tobi since we don't know much about him except he can make himself unable to be hit.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 01:59 AM
Kento is online now! Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kento
Like DestinyGuy already pointed out I was just stating what I thought Magee was talking about. And I think Gokou could use IT and get places a lot faster than Superman...but it's not going to help him since Gokou can't punch or move as fast as he can teleport.

Personally I think Neo could just plow through everybody going as fast as he did to catch Trinity when she was falling, when everything behind him was being destroyed by him flying by, and beat all but probably Tobi since we don't know much about him except he can make himself unable to be hit.

Your forgetting about the face distortion scene in Revolutions, remeber when Neo punched Smith and his face distorted in slow motion?

Guess how far Neo's fist moved, and guess how far Smith's fist moved...

Well the raindrops were frozen in mid air, as was everything else, and Neo's fist was moving, now however slow it might have been moving, speed it up to regular motion, and it was light speed.

You don't see a face distort unless time has slowed to a millionth of a second.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 03:08 AM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Your forgetting about the face distortion scene in Revolutions, remeber when Neo punched Smith and his face distorted in slow motion?

Well the raindrops were frozen in mid air, as was everything else, and Neo's fist was moving, now however slow it might have been moving, speed it up to regular motion, and it was light speed.

Eh it's been way to long since I've seen any of those movies. I only liked the first one really. I liked my plowing through everybody while flying idea though. Sure it's not the only way he could probably win but I think it would be the coolest. Though I still don't see how he'd beat Tobi fighting or flying through everybody. Not that I know how Tobi could beat him either.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 03:15 AM
Kento is online now! Click here to Send Kento a Private Message Find more posts by Kento Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Its funny cuz All feats were done inside a computer programed. he basically hacked so i dont see how his speed featys mean anything.

Also Goku can fight with IT he did aginst Cooler in Coolers Revenge

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 21st, 2008 04:20 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Csdabest

Also....Matrix Onlie is canon? tch the game isa rip-off

Be smart, and use corrective grammar, so you don;t sound like a complete jackass."

In the Great words of Shao Khaun
"YOU HAVE FAAAIIILLLLED!!!!!!!!"

Old Post May 21st, 2008 04:20 AM
Csdabest is currently offline Click here to Send Csdabest a Private Message Find more posts by Csdabest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kento
The last Hokage

Originally posted by Csdabest
Its funny cuz All feats were done inside a computer programed. he basically hacked so i dont see how his speed featys mean anything.

Also Goku can fight with IT he did aginst Cooler in Coolers Revenge
And that is why movies are not canon. They make no sense at all. Besides the whole timeline being unable to fit nearly all the movies into it.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 06:08 AM
Magee

Do you just love talking shit? I mean seriously what the hell is that even supposed to mean? Has time ever slowed to a millionth of a second for you?

Old Post May 21st, 2008 09:20 AM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Magee
Do you just love talking shit? I mean seriously what the hell is that even supposed to mean? Has time ever slowed to a millionth of a second for you?

I think you misunderstood him. He seems to think that you can only see a face distort at millionths of a second...which is just plain wrong.

I can see my face distort at normal time when it gets punched just being stupid in the mirror.

Old Post May 21st, 2008 03:37 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Can you prove ANY of this?

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 12:37 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Magee

You don't even know what talking shit means jackass!!!

It's when you claim you can kick some one's ass when you can't.

It's ganster slang not computer slang, so you wouldn't know anyway.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 01:44 AM
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
I think you misunderstood him. He seems to think that you can only see a face distort at millionths of a second...which is just plain wrong.

WTF is your problem?

quote:
I can see my face distort at normal time when it gets punched just being stupid in the mirror.

Not like that you can't.

Those raindrops were as big as the came, which means they moved at around 9 miles per second, http://www.madsci.org/posts/archive...26446.Ph.r.html

Since the raindrops were frozen in mid air and Neo's fist was moving you know it was fast.

Agent Smith passed raindrops when he was pile blasting Neo from the sky to the ground.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 01:50 AM
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Raindrops don't move at even 1% lightspeed, neither does Neo.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 01:54 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Raindrops don't move at even 1% lightspeed, neither does Neo.

Have you ever read the The Handy Physics Answer Book ???

It says that if you drop a penny from the empire state building it will cut someone in half.

The Earth's gravity is so strong, that a big enough drop of water will move at 1% the speed of light if it fell from high enough in the air.

quote:
Terminal velocity of raindrops is dependent upon the size of the drop, among other things. Obviously the larger the drop, the faster it will fall.

The following table contains fall speeds based on observations by Gunn and Kinzer (1949). These data were collected under sea-level conditions (1013 millibars and 20 degrees C).

Diameter (mm) Fall speed (m/s) Diameter (mm) Fall speed (m/s)
0.1 0.27 2.6 7.57
0.2 0.72 2.8 7.82
0.3 1.17 3.0 8.06
0.4 1.62 3.2 8.26
0.5 2.06 3.4 8.44
0.6 2.47 3.6 8.60
0.7 2.87 3.8 8.72
0.8 3.27 4.0 8.83
0.9 3.67 4.2 8.92
1.0 4.03 4.4 8.98
1.2 4.64 4.6 9.03
1.4 5.17 4.8 9.07
1.6 5.65 5.0 9.09
1.8 6.09 5.2 9.12
2.0 6.49 5.4 9.14
2.2 6.90 5.6 9.16
2.4 7.27 5.8 9.17
Unfortunately, no single formula will work well for the entire range of drops. A scientist by the name of K.V. Beard (1976) developed complicated formulas to represent this data, that apply to three different ranges of drop diameter. Below is the one that works for the range of diameter 1.2 mm to 4 mm.

u = (k)(r**0.5)

where u = Terminal fall speed and k = 2.01 X 10**3 cm**0.5 s**-1

Note that the table lists drop diameter, but drop radius is used in the equation.

The constant "k" is composed of several values to account for the density and dynamic viscosity of the air, gravity, and the drag coefficient.

This may be a complicated formula, but not nearly as complicated as it will be for you to use this information to figure out how fast you have to drive your pickup to keep your gear from getting wet.

Your biggest challenges will be determining the diameter of the drops that are falling at the time, and avoiding red stoplights.

My personal advice is to invest in a waterproof tarp.

References:
Beard, K.V. (1976) Terminal velocity and shape of clouds and precipitation drops aloft. Journal of Atmospheric Science. 33, 851-864.

Gunn, R. and Kinzer, G.D. (1949) The terminal velocity of fall for water drops in stagnant air. Journal of Meteorology. 6, 243-248.

[note added by MadSci Admin: there is at least one previous answer in our archives that talks about the subject of running (or walking) through rain, which might provide some insight into your question of how fast to drive your truck to keep your gear dry.

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archive...26446.Ph.r.html

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 02:02 AM
King Kandy

So you are claiming that a penny will cut someone in half but raindrops just bounce harmlessly off? But in any case, Pennies will NOT cut someone in half. That has been debunked.

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 02:18 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

A raindrop moving at 1% lightspeed would be going through the buildings, trees, and breaking the sidewalk.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 02:22 AM
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by King Kandy
So you are claiming that a penny will cut someone in half but raindrops just bounce harmlessly off? But in any case, Pennies will NOT cut someone in half. That has been debunked.

Well a penny might not cut them in half, but it will kill them.

And raindrops that big sting when they hit people, but thats it, because water deforms so easily, and if it were raining like it was in Revolutions, it could really hurt someone.

Note that raindrops, no matter how large or how many do not compare to oceans or lakes or rivers, thats why when you fall from the sky into oceans lakes and rivers it will kill you.

Last edited by Combat_Guru on May 22nd, 2008 at 02:34 AM

Old Post May 22nd, 2008 02:31 AM