KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Master Chief Vs. Doomguy

Master Chief Vs. Doomguy
Started by: Diamond Kisses

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

All there is to go on for Doomguy IS gameplay.
That's how the classic FPS's worked.
Why Quakeguy and Duke Nukem are speedstars.

Also, where does the idea that bullets move in slow motion for Master Chief come from?

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 09:30 AM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

the novels. the fall of reach to be exact.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 09:49 AM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Luminatus
All there is to go on for Doomguy IS gameplay.
That's how the classic FPS's worked.
Why Quakeguy and Duke Nukem are speedstars.

Also, where does the idea that bullets move in slow motion for Master Chief come from?

The classic FPS also had a tendency of being unrealistic. Regular humans in any Half-Life mode and most other thinkable FPS games could tank several rounds to the head. Some even rocketlaunchers. I guess humans were just so much more powerful back in the days.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 12:36 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah.

If all the Doomguy supporters have is durability feats based on game mechanics, MC shoots him once.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 05:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Game mechanics ia all Doomguy has. So it's either use that or don't even make a thrad with him.

Fact is classic FPS heroes are just better than Chief. They can outrun their own rockets, become invincible, have some insaenly wanked guns....that's how they were made.

And why Quake and Doom are better than Halo ever could be.

Last edited by Luminatus on Jun 14th, 2009 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 08:30 PM
Luminatus is currently offline Click here to Send Luminatus a Private Message Find more posts by Luminatus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Or those that actually support Doomguy can accept the fact that all he has is gameplay mechanics and that his true durability is not at all impressive in truth. I mean, we've all seen the movie Doom. Unless stated otherwise, we can assume that he's as durable as those guys.

You know he's a geneticly enhanced human. The same way you know that, you know his limits. You know he has enhanced senses, speed and accuracy. So the same way you know that, you know if he is more durable or not.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2009 09:05 PM
Super Marie 64 is currently offline Click here to Send Super Marie 64 a Private Message Find more posts by Super Marie 64 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Luminatus
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why the heck would you assume he's equal to his movie Doom self? Lana/Peach already said the comics version of Pyron/Darkstalkers wasn't allowes so why would the movie version o fDoom be used?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 12:45 AM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Originally posted by Luminatus
Why the heck would you assume he's equal to his movie Doom self? Lana/Peach already said the comics version of Pyron/Darkstalkers wasn't allowes so why would the movie version o fDoom be used?

Wasn't saying he's equal. Read my post again.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 01:16 AM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Personally, I never count any comics or manga as canon, regardless of whether they are officially backed or not. If it didnt happen in the game, it didnt happen, period. Just a simple precaution to keep away from the fanfiction (damn Sonic fans...)

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:05 AM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

As far as I've seen, Doomguy does posess extraordinary luck, I mean he's the sole survivor and victor over hell in ANY Doom game, avoiding hell's mindraping too...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:06 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Kay.

So he has some good mental constitution.

And he is not better than Master "Gary Stu" Chief simply because he does not even have a name.

If he has no feats other than gameplay mechanic shit, he loses, and he should NOT be put in threads.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:12 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

How is picking up a Invulnerability artifact a gameplay mechanic?

its not much different to Master cheif getting his overshield item.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:31 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

I was not talking about the invulnerability artifact.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 07:33 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Personally, I never count any comics or manga as canon, regardless of whether they are officially backed or not. If it didnt happen in the game, it didnt happen, period.

If it's officially backed, then it most likely did happen, like it or not. Something doesn't always have to happen in a game for it to be considered canon.

Originally posted by LLLLLink
Just a simple precaution to keep away from the fanfiction (damn Sonic fans...)

That's something totally different.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 08:25 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Yeah...Fanfiction is made by the fans, not made by the company that makes the games or a company officially given the authority to do so by the father company.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:09 PM
Super Marie 64
Queen of Feuds

Unless the fanfiction is written by me, it's not alright

Old Post Jun 15th, 2009 05:15 PM
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

And I totally understand where you guys are coming from. I just personally feel that if the information is that important, it shouldve been put in the game, that's all.

Call me crazy, but this is what I believe:
Game content > what a creator speaks or what official comics say

In layman's terms, the game content is the bible for what is canon.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 05:52 PM
LLLLLink is currently offline Click here to Send LLLLLink a Private Message Find more posts by LLLLLink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

For you I suppose. erm

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:02 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AthenasTrgrFngr
Don't wanna die...

only the cutscenes in a game are the primary canon and they only take precedence over non-game canon if there is a direct contradiction.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2009 10:04 PM
AthenasTrgrFngr is currently offline Click here to Send AthenasTrgrFngr a Private Message Find more posts by AthenasTrgrFngr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LLLLLink
The Juror of Courage

Well, I'm assuming that you guys have a little discernment when it comes to gameplay being canon. Like the whole "I need to get the key to open the fence that I could just hop over." scenario. :/

Old Post Jun 17th, 2009 06:41 PM