KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Master Chief Vs. Doomguy

Master Chief Vs. Doomguy
Started by: Diamond Kisses

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
bullets bounce off chiefs armor

A single Hellstone amped bullet equals a couple of direct rocket launcher hits.

Imagine Chief taking a barrage of those from a Minigun or a machine gun, or better yet, from a plasma gun. Chief would be turned into Souffle.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2009 11:49 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Here is the situation as it stands, they are inside a base, which meens room to room corridor fighting. They don't start face to face and don't know where eachother are.

They are armed with all available weapons and gagets.

Chief may have a tech edge, and enhancements, but Taggart has an insane AOE weapon, and two very powerful magical artifacts, one would oneshot Chief, and the other gives Taggart strength + speed advantages well beyond anything Chief can ever hope to do, Plus it offers invulnerability.

Albeit it is limited to roughly 30 seconds per use, but it has 3 charges. Thats 180 seconds, more than enough time to wade through anything Chief can throw at him, run him down, and rip his head off, Titanium Ceramic bones or not.

A Hellstone amped BFG or even a rocket is overkill... Hell the Chaingun amped by a Hellstone charge would liquify him in seconds, and with the Hellstones speed amp, Chief can't dodge something THAT fast...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 04:09 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Albeit it is limited to roughly 30 seconds per use, but it has 3 charges. Thats 180 seconds, more than enough time to wade through anything Chief can throw at him, run him down, and rip his head off, Titanium Ceramic bones or not.

Actually, one charge only lasts 15 seconds, and 30*3 is only 90 :P

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 11:01 AM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

Way more than enough, though.

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 11:20 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Gah, lack of attention on my part.

However, I'm pretty certain it was a full 30 seconds, not 15.

I should play it again, but I have work.

Nevertheless, the Hellstone makes this a horrible stomp in favour of Taggart.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 11:32 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Gah, lack of attention on my part.

However, I'm pretty certain it was a full 30 seconds, not 15.

I should play it again, but I have work.

Nevertheless, the Hellstone makes this a horrible stomp in favour of Taggart.

I don't know, maybe it depends on the difficulty setting or something. I counted and it was 15.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 12:12 PM
SpadeKing

taggart wouldn't happen to be any of the real doomguys, he is just the book guy who fought aliens no expression

isn't it only one power that works at once from the stone or is it multiple?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 01:52 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Originally posted by SpadeKing
taggart wouldn't happen to be any of the real doomguys, he is just the book guy who fought aliens no expression

isn't it only one power that works at once from the stone or is it multiple?

I don't know. I was talking about the dude from Resurrection of Evil. There have been several different Doomguys in the Doom franchise, so I don't really know which one we're talking about; I was talking about the most powerful one.

All powers from the Hellstone work at once.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 02:06 PM
SpadeKing

yea that would be a problem, so the stone's powers would either put chief about the same speed as him or maybe slower, hell if I know how that time thing works, stronger bullets or whatnot, and temporarily invulnerable...

Chief's best bet is to hide

hmm seeing as they have everything in the games to their usage, does the doomguy have a radar that can detect someone in active camo?

Last edited by SpadeKing on Aug 13th, 2009 at 02:24 PM

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 02:19 PM
SpadeKing is currently offline Click here to Send SpadeKing a Private Message Find more posts by SpadeKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

yea that would be a problem, so the stone's powers would either put chief about the same speed as him or maybe slower, hell if I know how that time thing works, stronger bullets or whatnot, and temporarily invulnerable...

Chief's best bet is to hide

hmm seeing as they have everything in the games to their usage, does the doomguy have a radar that can detect someone in active camo?

I think he has some rudimentary form of radar. However, the Hellstone apparently grants its wielder to "sense"/see human souls. Chief will have a hard time hiding from that.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 02:39 PM
SpadeKing

He also has his own invulnerability powerup thing

this will be a hell of a stale mate battle

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 02:43 PM
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

He also has his own invulnerability powerup thing

this will be a hell of a stale mate battle

You mean Chief has some kind of a use-on-the-run thing that makes him invulnerable?

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 02:49 PM
SpadeKing

basically like the berserk pack everyone mentions, if all tech is available and weapons are available.

that adds his invulnerability, camo, a cover shield (that can probably buy him 2 seconds), a bubble shield, grav lift (another 2 seconds eek! ), auto turret & 2 extra shieldings.

and I would hope they're not adding the multiplayer powerups that can make someone near unkillable in free for all

Old Post Aug 13th, 2009 03:01 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

Doomguy I guess

Old Post Dec 8th, 2016 10:59 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote