KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lovethemtigers

Well...I am a little bit older than you gals...and I had Heard the name Johnny Depp before...but in my mind he was taboo..associated with bad things...when I saw the trailer for POTC I was like "really, Johnny Depp in a Disney Movie"....and never thought more about it..until he was nominated for an oscar and everyone was buzzing about him...so I thought...well, this I got to see...and then OMG...when I did see it...I was like "why didn't I know Johnny was so beautiful?"....Still, to this day, I can't believe that I was so ignorant of Johnny ...to his talent and his beauty.........

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:22 AM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by willofthewisp
So what then is...what would you call that...sparramaria?

I'd like to see it onscreen, selinaandbruce, maybe a flashback of the relationship they had before. They obviously have a history and I would have slapped Jack too if he "borrowed my ship without permission." but Anamaria just kind of puts them down and can't seem to think of anything. She's harsh, but she's cool and I still like her. I think we just saw her on a high-stress-level day. ha ha.
I think Jack and Anamaria would look at each other and take the free sex, but not see anything new and exciting in the other.

I sorta have a different take on Jack and AnaMaria--she's pretty basic unit it's true, but she's nobody's fool--she makes a living in a man's world, she has the eye of the good Captain, okay discrimination in partnering isn't his strong suite--she's not educated but her heart is true blue and she does love Jack--accepts him for what he is, would adore him in her bed becos he wouldn't play games with her, he'd treat her as equal and pride, lord she has that in spades. As far as her sailing ability, she's under the gun--and it's her ship--the boat she got back and she's about to get it kicked out from under her by some really bad dudes and she's driving and trying to get the max outta a ship she's unfamiliar with--she doesn't have Jack's flair for the bizarre (think James Kirk) nor his vast experience. She's fearless--she's fair--she returns the Pearl, which the other pirates thought well enough of her to have her captain the Pearl--she could've said tough toenails and cut Jack out, she loves him.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:40 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Okay, kings X--Annamaria and Jack-- darlin' piratistas, could we, might we, possibly is it that we can pursue this one here and the other at the other site--I got mightily confused here for a bit and had to check to see if'n I had slipped into the Sparra forum--I love to cuss and discuss, I post where the action is cos y'all be generally speaking pretty good fun in the quick mind department (not withstanding me having to badger PiDiva to buy lottery tickets) and I'll stay for the other shoe to drop, specially to enjoy more of the one who was here, but has been away Miz Mina (based on the orbits idea--you clever minx)--oh, yeah, I'm just lookin for clues at the scene of the crime. no overt Sparrabething now fair's fair, why do I suddenly feel like Pintel in the I'm captain scene--never mind.....I withdraw any suggestion of sharing--all y'alls--I'll just post on pants--no overt ships there I don't believe.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 04:58 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by Minie Mina

I really don't find Will and Elizabeth as love.

Well T&T will be sad that you didn't like the story they wrote laughing out loud

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 08:55 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I don't want to fight with Sparrabethers here though I just want to talk about Jack and Anamaria. I left yall be in the Sparrabethers thread, lol

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 08:56 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

what is there to talk about? Jack and Anamaria are just as boring as Whelpabeth! sleep

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 11:00 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by PirateDiva
what is there to talk about? Jack and Anamaria are just as boring as Whelpabeth! sleep

Whatever, they didn't even have many scenes together it was just something I thought would have been interesting. If they do do a Captain Jack solo movie I wouldn't mind her as his love interest as all. She was one of the few female characters that didn't grate in the movie.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 11:09 PM
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Anamaria seems like a very mean and dominating wife. I just picture Jack in a corner like Elizabeth was on the black pearl after she was scared to death by the skeletons.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 11:10 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by IheartPocky
Anamaria seems like a very mean and dominating wife. I just picture Jack in a corner like Elizabeth was on the black pearl after she was scared to death by the skeletons.

They could always give her a soft side. I mean Jack doesn't seem like he'd make much of a husband either. I just liked their interaction and I really liked that scene where she turned the Pearl over to him

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 11:14 PM
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by IheartPocky

Lmao laughing

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 11:50 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

if they wrote a good film, and gave anamaria a really interesting back story, and allowed both of their characters to develop into it, I'm absolutely in. They are both gorgeous together, for one thing. Plus, Anamaria has lived in a harsh world and so she would know how to handle Jack. Just because she got edged out of film 2 doesn't mean she wouldn't have made a great addition. i missed her.

i'm guessing she has an interesting history. she's very regal, which always made me think she had been raised wealthy or important, and then ran away to be a pirate.

after seeing film two, i wondered whether she was one of the slaves Jack set free--- doesn't she look like she could be related to the mourning women in the swamp?

either way, I'm guessing Jack totally screwed her over at some point without thinking, and it really jaded her. So she got tough and became a famous pirate, and then decided to forgive Jack. There's definitely potential for a romance there. i didn't see any real spark in the film, but not saying it couldn't be brought up later.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 12:05 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Lordy, y'all, don't care for brown sugar? my oh my. Ana Maria, she's had to hold the cards life gave her so close to her chest, cos she doesn't have much to gamble with. She's a very unique little spirit--so tender hearted so wanting to believe in the world and given every example of cruelty and selfishness. She's live and let live--don't hold many grudges--will flat bust your chops if you deal her harsh--hell hath no fury....but 'cakes, if'n I would be walkin' on a scary street, I'd want her by my side and on my side--she's special this little one--holds a special place in Jack's rotation...think he feels like bedding her and protecting her. Gives as good as she gets, wouldn't cry if she gets in a bind--would die rather than betray or give over. Lotta pride on that woman--and rightly so--she's on account, she knows take what you can give nothing back, except she does for love of Jack and respect for the Pearl. Quite the puzzle, this little miss--no lady, but a helluva woman.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 12:13 AM
SelinaAndBruce

I have heard she is in some of the Pirates related comics. Has anyone seen them? I'm a newer fan to the Pirateverse so I'm not sure

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 12:40 AM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

There are comics? Where? Must know!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 12:50 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by willofthewisp
There are comics? Where? Must know!

I'm not sure this is what someone else said. I don't know if they are fanmade or what but they told me some other story about Anamaria and Jack...I can't remember the details let me go back and look it up

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 12:57 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Here is a pic from the Comic strip they say was put out by Disney:
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:00 AM
katelovespirate

haha... the comic version of Dead Man's Chest was really sparrabeth-oriented. Don't you guys remember that?

But I don't recall comics from COTBP...

Do you think they'd bring Anamaria back for a potential film 4? I'd be in support of that.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:09 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

OMG they have some weird Sparramaria videos on youtube. This one is partially Sparramaria but kind of funny, lol
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GJgKn-VOL8s

I admire anyone who can make anything out of the little bit of time they had, lol

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:15 AM
SelinaAndBruce

Wow looking at youtube there were other Captain Jack fans who really wanted Jack and Anamaria and were disappointed she was not in the second or third film at all. That's interesting. I guess I officially have a sort of ship for Jack then, lol

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:24 AM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

i suppose a good backstory for annamaria would be that perhaps she was Tia Dalma's child or something???

if they did a POTC 4 and she was in it, then that would give her more background because we could delve into her past (and perhaps jacks past in the fact that we know that he and tia dalma knew eachother previously before the films).

Oooh.......fic idea!!!
Where are savvy, willo and kate when you need them?! big grin hehe!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 01:31 AM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote