KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!

AnnaMaria and Jack! That I Could Have Dealt With!
Started by: SelinaAndBruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RememberS&S

HAHAHAHAHA, you think he only slept with Anamaria?!

Ooooh my, you crack me up.

Well he is a sleez, as are most pirates, and there were many others. He did jokingly ask Lizzie to marry him, but I think there was more to that than a joke, I can't quite put it in words. It's a Sparrabeth thing, you wouldn't understand.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, honestly not to be rude or anything, I don't really like to talk about Jack with someone who thinks he's fine as a rum-guzzling, sleezy comic character who's only goal in life is to run from everything.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 11:00 PM
RememberS&S is currently offline Click here to Send RememberS&S a Private Message Find more posts by RememberS&S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RememberS&S

And also, do you think Jack would give a damn about Will? Seriously, he DID flirt with Lizzie, he DID kiss her and he DID propose, whether jokingly or not.

They're friendship isn't that strong, you've got to be delusional if you think that would stop him from getting what he wants.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 11:02 PM
RememberS&S is currently offline Click here to Send RememberS&S a Private Message Find more posts by RememberS&S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RememberS&S
HAHAHAHAHA, you think he only slept with Anamaria?!

Ooooh my, you crack me up.

Well he is a sleez, as are most pirates, and there were many others. He did jokingly ask Lizzie to marry him, but I think there was more to that than a joke, I can't quite put it in words. It's a Sparrabeth thing, you wouldn't understand.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore, honestly not to be rude or anything, I don't really like to talk about Jack with someone who thinks he's fine as a rum-guzzling, sleezy comic character who's only goal in life is to run from everything.

That's kind of messed up to me you can't discuss something with a person who is a fan of Jack Sparrow just as he is. And It's a Sparrabeth thing, I wouldn't understand? It just sounds like the hopes of a bunch of people who wanted a different story than Disney was writing.

And no I don't think Jack only slept with Anamaria I'm quite sure Jack got around he got slapped quite a bit too much in the film for him NOT to have gotten around.

And I know he didn't have any strong loyalties to Will he's a pirate his loyalties change based on what is best for his direct interests but I still laugh at the idea that him sleeping with Anamaria is slutty but him kissing Elizabeth wasn't. Sparrabeth as a whole was slutty on Jack's part especially and Elizabeth's little coy flirting to get her way and kissing Jack to kill him wasn't exactly honorable behavior either.

All in all I'm fine with Jack Sparrow as he is. I am a fan of the character that Disney created and T&T wrote. I don't have an false illusions about some romantic figure buried underneath the pirate at all. I like him just as he is.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Last edited by SelinaAndBruce on Dec 15th, 2007 at 11:52 PM

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 11:50 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RememberS&S

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
That's kind of messed up to me you can't discuss something with a person who is a fan of Jack Sparrow just as he is. And It's a Sparrabeth thing, I wouldn't understand? It just sounds like the hopes of a bunch of people who wanted a different story than Disney was writing.

And no I don't think Jack only slept with Anamaria I'm quite sure Jack got around he got slapped quite a bit too much in the film for him NOT to have gotten around.

And I know he didn't have any strong loyalties to Will he's a pirate his loyalties change based on what is best for his direct interests but I still laugh at the idea that him sleeping with Anamaria is slutty but him kissing Elizabeth wasn't. Sparrabeth as a whole was slutty on Jack's part especially and Elizabeth's little coy flirting to get her way and kissing Jack to kill him wasn't exactly honorable behavior either.

All in all I'm fine with Jack Sparrow as he is. I am a fan of the character that Disney created and T&T wrote. I don't have an false illusions about some romantic figure buried underneath the pirate at all. I like him just as he is.

I meant it's a Sparrabeth thing as in, people who are against a shipping usually tend to overlook/ignore/just plain don't see the things the people that are the shippers do. I see things in Lizzie and Jack's relationship that you don't is what I'm saying

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 02:41 AM
RememberS&S

Also, are you saying one kiss between Lizzie and Jack is equal to sex with Anamaria, wow there must be alot of chemistry between Sparrabeth then, or maybe a serious lack with Sparramaria?

EDITED:

PS, does this mean that their flirting or...slutty-ness...is pretty much more provocative than actual sex? That kind of boggles me...how is it possible that Jack is more of a whore when he is flirting with Lizzie than sleeping with whores...

Last edited by RememberS&S on Dec 16th, 2007 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 02:43 AM
SelinaAndBruce

I meant it's a Sparrabeth thing as in, people who are against a shipping usually tend to overlook/ignore/just plain don't see the things the people that are the shippers do. I see things in Lizzie and Jack's relationship that you don't is what I'm saying

I get that, believe me.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 03:31 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Also, are you saying one kiss between Lizzie and Jack is equal to sex with Anamaria, wow there must be alot of chemistry between Sparrabeth then, or maybe a serious lack with Sparramaria?

EDITED:

PS, does this mean that their flirting or...slutty-ness...is pretty much more provocative than actual sex? That kind of boggles me...how is it possible that Jack is more of a whore when he is flirting with Lizzie than sleeping with whores...

I didn't say he was more of a whore. I'm fine with Jack being a whore. It's who he is. My point is I think it's ridiculous to sit there and complain about him sleeping with a single woman when some people here ooh and ahh and gush about him trying to kiss a engaged woman. The wenches things doesn't bother me again, he's a pirate, a seedy creature period. He's not a good guy he killed Barbossa too just out of revenge. I mean sleeping with whores is one of the lesser of Jack's evils.

I don't think there was a lot of chemistry between Sparrabeth. laughing

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 03:33 AM
katelovespirate

why do all discussions always wind back to THAT particular argument? can we have a discussion about Jack being a whore without it involving ship bashing or ship promotion?

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 02:56 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

oh and ps, to add to my previous post, kissing/flirtation/sexual tension between two characters who aren't going to get together isn't slutty, or whatever. it's called a plot device. we'd have to start picking on Will for his response to Tia, or pick on Barbossa, Sao, etc, for their sexual jokes and innuendo with elizabeth, or pick on Gibbs for taking Jack's leftovers, etc, if we were going to start picking on IMMORAL PIRATES for their behavior around pretty girls. hahaha.

let's all just be mature here and stop trying to make this a moral argument. they are all pirates and pretty much have no morals, as we can see with all of them. i dont think we can judge elizabeth for flirting with jack anymore than we could judge anamaria for sleeping with jack or pintel and ragetti for spying on elizabeth through the cracks. sluts all around, but we love them anyways.

on another note, where do you think Anamaria got the ship Jack stole from her to begin with? She was angry enough to make me think she earned it fairly.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 05:20 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Ted and Terry said that the movie was about the romantisiscm of pirates.

Or something like that. big grin

Or maybe they said Romantism. I don't remember!

Last edited by IheartPocky on Dec 16th, 2007 at 06:56 PM

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 06:51 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by katelovespirate

let's all just be mature here and stop trying to make this a moral argument. they are all pirates and pretty much have no morals, as we can see with all of them. i dont think we can judge elizabeth for flirting with jack anymore than we could judge anamaria for sleeping with jack or pintel and ragetti for spying on elizabeth through the cracks. sluts all around, but we love them anyways.

I agree with this 100% but that was my point I didn't get condemning Anamaria and Jack while fantasizing about Elizabeth and Jack. To me that made no sense because all of it IMO could be considered wrong and slutty. But I mean I really don't care I love Captain Jack period, immorality and all. That's who he is. cool cool

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 08:55 PM
potcfan2003

if he had moral he wouldn't be a pirate...

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 09:19 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Exactly. Jack has no scrupuls.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 09:30 PM
potcfan2003

wat's scrupals?

thank you to Mrs.Fish for the siggy!!

Old Post Dec 16th, 2007 09:39 PM
potcfan2003 is currently offline Click here to Send potcfan2003 a Private Message Find more posts by potcfan2003 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Scruples--moral compass, raised to know right from wrong--is it okay to steal from the church poorbox--No

is it okay to date your best friend's boyfriend, No!!

Slutty-ness isn't flirting--Sluttyness is vile and demeaning to the person generating it and anyone affected by it. (think that loud and uninteresting woman New York?)

Flirting is fun, may be an attempt to "hook up" , may just be for a fun thang, a little ego boost, usually harmless intent.

Whore is someone who sleeps with men or women for money, drugs.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 05:39 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

In any event, I'd still be interested in if they do another movie even if she is a recast if the Anamaria character will be back

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 05:52 AM
katelovespirate

hahaha Tex, your definitions were great. i tend to use words like "whore" and "****" out of context a lot, what is that from, Mean Girls?

depending on your background of course, small things like staying out too late with a guy or wearing a low-cut shirt can qualify you as a whore, to some people. lol.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2007 03:11 PM
Ditte3

I like Annamaria,but the two had absolute no chemistry between them.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 07:41 AM
Ditte3 is currently offline Click here to Send Ditte3 a Private Message Find more posts by Ditte3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

to me, they looked like they had some long-standing rivalry, but not any fireworks. Anamaria looked so angry with him that it makes you think she was in love with him at one point, and got shafted.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 02:21 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Originally posted by katelovespirate
hahaha Tex, your definitions were great. i tend to use words like "whore" and "****" out of context a lot, what is that from, Mean Girls?

depending on your background of course, lol.

Miz Kateloves, sorry having a grumpus moment when I writ that. I am no a prude, or Puritanical in beliefs, just life's too short. Them used to be fighting words. As we name ourselves, so we grow.

I get 'old school' infrequently, please accept apologies. You so hit the nail on the head--depending on your background!

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Dec 18th, 2007 09:21 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote