KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Blade Runner 5 Disk Set

Blade Runner 5 Disk Set
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
coolmovies

Blade Runner 5 Disk Set

Anyone picked up the blade runner 5 disk set ? Its the final cut

Commentary on The Final Cut by Ridley Scott
Commentary by Executive Producer/ Co-Screenwriter Hampton Fancher and Co-Screenwriter David Peoples, Producer Michael Deely and production executive Katherine Haber
Commentaries by visual futurist Syd Mead, production designer Lawrence G. Paull, art director David L. Snyder and special photographic effects supervisors Douglas Trumbull, Richard Yuricich and David Dryer
Documentary: Dangerous Days - Making Blade Runner - A feature-length authoritative documentary revealing all the elements that shaped this hugely influential cinema landmark. Cast, crew, critics and colleagues give a behind-the-scenes, in-depth look at the film -- from its literary roots and inception through casting, production, visuals and special effects to its controversial legacy and place in Hollywood history.
1982 Theatrical Version: This is the version that introduced U.S. movie-going audiences to a revolutionary film with a new and excitingly provocative vision of the near-future. It contains Deckard/Harrison Ford's character narration and has Deckard and Rachel's (Sean Young) 'happy ending' escape scene.
1982 International Version: Also used on U.S. home video, laserdisc and cable releases up to 1992. This version is not rated, and contains some extended action scenes in contrast to the Theatrical Version.
1992 Director's Cut: The Director's Cut omits Deckard's voiceover narration and removes the "happy ending" finale. It adds the famously-controversial "unicorn" sequence, a vision that Deckard has which suggests that he, too, may be a replicant.
Featurette The Electric Dreamer: Remembering Philip K. Dick
Featurette Sacrificial Sheep: The Novel vs. The Film
Philip K. Dick: The Blade Runner Interviews (Audio)
Featurette Signs of the Times: Graphic Design
Featurette Fashion Forward: Wardrobe & Styling
Screen Tests: Rachel & Pris
Featurette The Light That Burns: Remembering Jordan Cronenweth
Deleted & Alternate Scenes
1982 Promotional Featurettes
Trailers & TV Spots
Featurette Promoting Dystopia: Rendering the Poster Art
Featurette Deck-A-Rep: The True Nature of Rick Deckard
Featurette Nexus Generation: Fans & Filmmakers
Workprint Version: This rare version of the film is considered by some to be the most radically different of all the Blade Runner cuts. It includes an altered opening scene, no Deckard narration until the final scenes, no "unicorn" sequence, no Deckard/Rachel "happy ending," altered lines between Batty (Rutger Hauer) and his creator Tyrell (Joe Turkell), alternate music and much more.
Introduction by Ridley Scott
Commentary by Paul M. Sammon, author of Future Noir: The Making of Blade Runner
Featurette All Our Variant Futures: From Workprint to Final Cut

Attachment: 1060499l.jpg
This has been downloaded 117 time(s).

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 12:42 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not just the final cut, all the different versions, well the British release is.

I'm going to get it for Christmas hopefully, I loveeeeeeeee the tin it comes in.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:43 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

theres talk of a four hour edit

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 06:48 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Four versions of the same movie - cuts and tweaks here and there - would feel very tiring. I only care about the Director's Cut & The Final Cut, because they had the big shift in experience by deleting the narration & the happier ending. The Final Cut has improved visual effects and some mistakes corrected at long last; that's it's only difference from the DC. I don't care about watching the early versions at all, now.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Dec 12th, 2007 09:14 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This is a must buy for me. I should get it soon.

quote:
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarfEvilTwin
Haha! Your ass is too broke to get one.

You know we have to buy gifts for the family.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:44 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well now I know what to get my mother for christmas thumb up

Old Post Dec 13th, 2007 12:47 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

Its dvd of the year

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 09:59 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Never understood what was so great about Blade Runner >_>

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Dec 14th, 2007 10:35 PM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Never understood what was so great about Blade Runner >_>

you prefer Spiderman 3 eh? thought so >_>

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 01:24 AM
The Grey Fox is currently offline Click here to Send The Grey Fox a Private Message Find more posts by The Grey Fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Don't know what would make you think that.

I actually pride myself in having good taste in film, I just don't understand what makes Blade Runner extraordinary.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 03:26 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Grey Fox
Restricted

Account Restricted

Favourite film?

I guess some see it in one way, others don't.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2007 01:41 PM
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

What is my favorite film?

Some of em: The Fountain, Garden State, Seven, Shaun of the Dead, Gladiator, Sin City, Eternal Sunshine, American Beauty, Memento, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 03:00 AM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Flat broke! I'm getting the 5 disc set AFTER the holiday season.

quote:
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarfEvilTwin

Can I open my gift now?

Ehh...NO! You have to wait till Christmas.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2007 05:52 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't get me started on The Fountain... don't know how many times I nearly nodded off during that movie...

Anyway, I saw it in the shops today(Blade Runner that is), I was drooling.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 11:37 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Gotta be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with Blade Runner.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 08:37 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack R. Crown
Restricted

Account Restricted

I must say blade runner is a favourite of mine in many ways

anyone who thinks otherwise should get themselves a lobotomy smile

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 09:50 PM
Jack R. Crown is currently offline Click here to Send Jack R. Crown a Private Message Find more posts by Jack R. Crown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well now this is grand news. I love Blade Runnner. My memories of first seeing it were on a black and white TV set with bad static years and years ago.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 07:34 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackieCD

I never got what was so great about Bladerunner. The game was even awful.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:19 PM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MrCampion
Restricted

Account Restricted

So?

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:55 PM
MrCampion is currently offline Click here to Send MrCampion a Private Message Find more posts by MrCampion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sadako of Girth
Extreme Mode

It was visually stunning, thought provoking ("How would you know in that world that you really were human, when all you memories could be a mere implant..?" etc) and the way it looked/sounded had a flavour of atmosphere about it that had never been seen before or arguably since (Except maybe for George Lucas' "Coruscant" in the SW movies, and even then SW failed to capture the noir style.)

It had/has superb scripting, direction, acting too.

It was made to be subtle in these regards and it was product of an age where art/content was allowed to be without constant dialogue exposition and explaination about every little thing.

And that was just some of the quantizable factors that I could put my finger on. A lot more is hard to articulate concisely when trying to explain its genius.

Theres no accounting for taste though I guess.

The game, I can understand being annoying for folk who don't like the movie though.

"Van Zan is the Pinocchio of feces." - Lestov16

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 11:23 AM
Sadako of Girth is currently offline Click here to Send Sadako of Girth a Private Message Find more posts by Sadako of Girth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote