KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space

Dead Space
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Morridini
Morridini

Not like we have seen a lot though...

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 21st, 2007 09:14 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Morridini
Looked interesting, but a bit too dark for my taste I think, when we finally get a horror game/movie set in a sunny meadow filled with flowers then I am satisfied, sick of always having to run around in the dark.

Because thats not really scary.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 12:05 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Come now, most gamers are terrified of sunlight! eek!

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 01:18 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hahahaha.....maybe that might be scary......hahahah.....RE6 should be Leon again with flowers, and barbies...that would be a terrifying sight.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 06:11 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

But if they managed to make it scary in a sunny meadow then that would truly be an achievement.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 09:40 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

you cant really scare people chuggin at 15 frames a second

hope they fix that

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2007 09:54 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

New Dead Space gameplay video. It looks amazing. I cant wait for this game.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 08:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

This is one game I've been looking forward to during the fall.

Rental though.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 08:53 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

This game makes me feel scared and excited at the same time. I'm gonna have to get this game on Christmas because I'm too busy trying to get Gears of War 2 and Resistance 2.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 08:58 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

One thing that I noticed is that there's not a HUD. It might make for a more tense experience, if you ask me.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 09:46 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

Its going to be one freaky game.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2008 10:07 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

somehow it did not excite me.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 01:00 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The monsters look like they're rip offs of the Flood from the Halo series laughing out loud

This game is gonna be awesome. It's like RE4 but probably better.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 01:22 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raijin
Yeah, changed name

That gameplay trailer was sweet, really looking forward to this game.
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The monsters look like they're rip offs of the Flood from the Halo series laughing out loud

This game is gonna be awesome. It's like RE4 but probably better.

The only resemblence between the two I saw was that they're both horribly mutated, but the flood on the other hand look more mushroomy and are a lot more fragile and boring. And Bungie didn't invent suicide bombers.

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 08:45 AM
Raijin is currently offline Click here to Send Raijin a Private Message Find more posts by Raijin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

It looks pretty interesting

TGFwashere

Old Post Aug 4th, 2008 09:45 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Here's another interesting clip I found:

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:18 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I think there are other games more scary than Dead Space.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:22 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

i think Dead Space looks rly interesting, especially the sci fi+horror, except i think i might wait and get RE5 since that is supposedly gonna be really scary + co op should be fun.

from all the gameplay footage of Dead Space, its just like, shooting these things non stop, haven't seen anything else from the footage besides, shooting these creatures. Where as RE5, there is co-op partner/AI stuff, utilizing the environment, stuff like that.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 08:35 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I was watching the 1up show and they had three guys talk about this game and two of them thought it was interesting and really good, while the other one was talking about how there isnt any gimmick.

Why the **** does everybody need a gimmick in there game.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:06 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Smasandian
I was watching the 1up show and they had three guys talk about this game and two of them thought it was interesting and really good, while the other one was talking about how there isnt any gimmick.

Why the **** does everybody need a gimmick in there game.

Dead Space gimmick could be the strategic dismembermant or whatever it was, not just shooting those things in the head, but shooting/removing their limbs, strategically. I think that makes Dead Space sort of stand out from the lot, although, gimmicks are like...just used to make things sound better than they actually are, stragetic dismemberment might be it...

oh and the no pausing when doing inventory (originally the game was to have no pause option at all)

Last edited by xNIXSONx on Aug 22nd, 2008 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2008 09:15 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote