KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space

Dead Space
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, not pausing while in inventory is hardly something new.

I dont think there is any gimmicks at all. It doesnt need one. Its going to scare the shit out of people.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 01:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, not pausing while in inventory is hardly something new.

I dont think there is any gimmicks at all. It doesnt need one. Its going to scare the shit out of people.

yeah gimmicks are not really a good thing, but depending on how the strategic dismembering thing plays out...thatll determine if it is really a gimmick or something unique within the "infested sh*t u kill that u dont just shoot in the head but limbs"

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 02:16 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Meh, I dont really think its really a gimmick.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2008 04:26 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Nice preview from GT: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40172.html

I got to try the game and look at a lot of gameplay two days ago, and what I saw then impressed me. I had more or less forgotten about this game, but now I'll keep an eye on it.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 06:48 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

yeah ive been following this game for awhile, the first trailer it had on xbl like months and months ago.

when is it actually scheduled to come out?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 11:32 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Oct 14

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 12:16 AM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Is this game gonna have boss battles?

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 02:02 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I assume so.

There will be quicktime events, but not like quicktime events.

For example, a tentacle grabs your leg, in RE4, you would have to hit a few buttons, but in this game, its more of scripted event on where you need to shoot the tentacle off with your dismemberment gun.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 03:59 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

I assume so.

There will be quicktime events, but not like quicktime events.

For example, a tentacle grabs your leg, in RE4, you would have to hit a few buttons, but in this game, its more of scripted event on where you need to shoot the tentacle off with your dismemberment gun.

...There is a gun exclusively for dismembering?

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:13 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Is Isaac going to be one of those caharcters again where we don't know what his face looks like? This is Halo all over again.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 05:37 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Anyone heard about that Dead Space animated movie which will serve as a prequal to the game ?

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 08:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Is Isaac going to be one of those caharcters again where we don't know what his face looks like? This is Halo all over again.

No we see his face in the opening of the game.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 09:00 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

While the game will offer nothing new, i'm hoping that it will at least offer an engaging story and provide us with fun gameplay.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 10:23 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by General Kaliero
...There is a gun exclusively for dismembering?

Yep. Or I think so.

From the look of it, its pretty much there to dismember them. I think the enemies only die relatively easy is from dismemberment.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 02:38 PM
NemeBro

Yep. Or I think so.

From the look of it, its pretty much there to dismember them. I think the enemies only die relatively easy is from dismemberment.
That's awesome. no expression

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 02:40 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

The weapons in the game are not technically weapons at all. In keeping with Isaac's profession as an engineer rather than a soldier, weapons in the game are mostly improvised, and consist of an array of bolt cutters, stasis fields and rudimentary energy weapons.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well they are technically weapons. You use them to injure people.

But as you say, they are not designed to be used as weapons.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:33 PM
Phat J

its like grabbing a hammer to whack somebody but instead you're grabbing a crazy space tool.

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 04:43 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

I wonder how silly it would be if EA changed the title from "Dead Space" to "Aliens vs. a Construction worker" lol

Old Post Sep 28th, 2008 06:04 PM
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

I want this game so bad so far the reviews I've seen are good.
Xbox World 360 gave it a 91% and Play Station World gave it a 9/10 saying that it is the "worlds scariest game" and "its the new benchmark to beat in survival/horror that pushes the genre to twisted new heights and into the outer limits of space itself.".

Old Post Oct 10th, 2008 12:16 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote