KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space

Dead Space
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Relentless

I downloaded the Obsidian suit from the PSN last night. What it does, I don't know. I'll find out soon enough.

"We are not children of celestial f*ckin' light, walkin' arm-in-arm into the Age of Aquarius. We are wankers who
wreck the planet an' piss on each other, 'til half the world's starvin' an' the other half's busy findin'
new ways to keep from noticin' it. That's the f*ckin' limit've our potential, believe me."

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 06:47 PM
Impediment is online now! Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

IGN gave this game an 8.7 I really want this game now, it's the first time in awhile that I've agreed with or have been happy with their reviews

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 07:43 PM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

The song EA used for the Dead Space commercial was kinda gay. Twinkle twinkle little star are they serious? They should just call it Dead Space--For Kids, or Hey Kids It's Dead Space.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 09:55 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The song EA used for the Dead Space commercial was kinda gay. Twinkle twinkle little star are they serious? They should just call it Dead Space--For Kids, or Hey Kids It's Dead Space.

My guess would be it was used so that the juxtaposition would create psychological unrest, as a large element of the game is messing with your mind...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Oct 11th, 2008 10:12 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Icy Ninja
IGN gave this game an 8.7 I really want this game now, it's the first time in awhile that I've agreed with or have been happy with their reviews

How can you agree with the reviews when you havnt played a demo, or the game yet?

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 03:17 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

so the 14th for this game? it looks like a rental to me. beat it in a week and never play it again sort of game. i have a lot of those that i bought and im thinking about renting more.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 03:20 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

I've developed some interest in this game after reading some of the reviews and watching some gameplay movies.

Gamepro really liked it -- http://www.gamepro.com/article/revi...dead-space-360/

Hopefully they release a demo for it soon.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2008 11:51 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

well it comes out tuesday, i'm gonna rent it

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 12:03 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I heard it was roughly 12 hours or more of gameplay, and I tend to play games pretty slow so I'm on the fence about buying it or not. I love sci fi games and horror games, but I hate wasting 60 bucks on a game that I might only play once.

But I dont think I will have enough time in a week to plough through it, so I might buy it.

I really think that it would be advantageous to release a demo before the release date.

Old Post Oct 13th, 2008 03:22 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Click here to Send Smasandian a Private Message Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Nice seeing it getting good reviews. I've liked what I've seen so far, and liked what little of the game I have played (was a stand at a sci-fi convention where I got to play a 10 min), so I think I'll buy it.

It just got 9/10 from GameSpot, and according to a banner at GS, a demo is due today.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:21 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Icy Ninja
Ninja Sith

Originally posted by Smasandian
How can you agree with the reviews when you havnt played a demo, or the game yet?

Well I guess I should have said I felt the rating was justified by what they said in the review good reasons why the game is good and decent explanations for how the game isn't perfect and maybe a little bit of happiness that they gave a game I was looking forward to a good rating witch they haven't done in while lol

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:32 AM
Icy Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Icy Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Icy Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Ok.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 02:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx

Has anyone seen the movie, downfall? that looks pretty good.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 03:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Never heard of, and what's that to do with Dead Space?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 05:19 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I'm not sure. I'm assuming it's a prequel to the game or at the very least a tie in

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:32 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

Very interesting.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:42 PM
Dr. Prick
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tough titty said the kitty but the milk's still good. devil

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 06:58 PM
Dr. Prick is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Prick a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Prick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Phat J

what the ****?

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:14 PM
Phat J is currently offline Click here to Send Phat J a Private Message Find more posts by Phat J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

I'm watching a "Dead Space" SciFi channel special talking about the game.

I dunno, it looks like it could be fun game to play. It also looks like a "Doom 3" ripoff..

meh. I'll wait for "Fallout 3"

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:30 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

What????

A Doom 3 ripoff? Because it involves dark hallways?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:48 AM