KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space

Dead Space
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Doom 3 rip off? That's insultin dude. Not cool.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 04:32 AM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

quote: (post)
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'm watching a "Dead Space" SciFi channel special talking about the game.

I dunno, it looks like it could be fun game to play. It also looks like a "Doom 3" ripoff..

meh. I'll wait for "Fallout 3"

How is it anything like Doom 3?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 05:35 AM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Smasandian
What????

A Doom 3 ripoff? Because it involves dark hallways?

I’m not saying it plays or is like Doom 3, just said it looks like a Doom 3 rip-off, from the looks of it. I’ve never played the game and maybe it plays differently.

I thought it looked a lot like Doom 3 cause at first glance, to me, it looked like a futuristic sci-fi horror 1st person shooter that takes place in space where you’re being gorily attacked by zombie-like aliens and hellish undead humans, while receiving audio/visual static feedback via radio every once in a while by someone whom needs your help or is getting ripped to shreds and while in agony is pleading for your help. The graphics look very similar and yes, it does have that “tight” corridor style..

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:11 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Doom 3 rip off? That's insultin dude. Not cool.

How is that an insult?

"Doom 3" was a great game, imo, and it's on my top ten list of the best 1st person shooters i've ever played. (for the pc)

"Saints' Row" is an obvious "GTA" rip off, yet it's still a great game.

Now is it insulting to call "Saints' Row" a "GTA" rip off? No. It's not.

I could see if "GTA sucked", then.

But it should only be an insult if the game being copied sucks. And i'm assuming you think "Doom 3" sucks. -not that there should be any excuse for a game to copy another game- (appearance-wise, in this case)

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:23 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Morridini
How is it anything like Doom 3?

You mean how does it even look like Doom 3?, which is what i wrote?

Read my recent post to Smasandian, that's how "Dead Space" seems to me based on what i've seen via trailers, that tv show, what the producers were saying, and what i've read in gameinformer when the game was on it's cover a while back.

But maybe it plays differently. Hope so.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 02:28 PM
Morridini
Morridini

Ah sorry mate, guess I read a bit too fast. Ye sit might at first look like Doom 3 in the art-style. but that's where it ends. this is a TPS, Doom is an FPS for instance.

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 03:55 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Who cares if it's heavily inspired by another game? All games rip off movie's, books and other games. As long as it's fun does anything else matter?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 08:57 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Guess it shouldn't matter. Even if Dead Space was inspired by Doom 3, it still looks awesome. Sadly, I won't be gettin the game until next week on Friday.

I saw more of Dead Space on Sci vs. Fi last night and what I found messed up was infants inside these canisters and I couldn't even tell if they were alive or dead. WTF was that all about? You see the adults being ripped from shreds and that's cool (in videogames I mean) but when you see dead babies, the game's just f***** up. sick

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 10:56 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I can't buy this game until next month. I'm behind on bills.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2008 11:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Picked it up.

Basically played through about 3-4 hours of it already. Very similar to RE4, but with an Event Horizon, Aliens vibe. Pretty freaky I must say, and somewhat tough. I've died a few times but multiple encounters leave me barely breathing.

Graphics are amazing artistically and technology wise. The necromorphs are vile and the lighting effects are a sight to behold. Very good job EA. Sound is equally as brilliant. Constant noises, blood curdling screams, sound of blood is freaky and the sound of you breathing heavily is kinda of intense. Easily one of the better games this year.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 02:38 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Was the first level mostly just walkin around, hearing creepy noises and then you fight a few Necromorphs and then head to the next level?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 02:41 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Nah, there is quite a few enemies in the first. You just dont get them alot at the same time like in the later levels.

This game probably has one of the best enemy introductions ever.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 02:42 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So is the game mostly on horror or action?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 02:44 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Who cares if it's heavily inspired by another game? All games rip off movie's, books and other games. As long as it's fun does anything else matter?

That's wrote initially. That it may be fun to play. It's supose to be the most suspensful or scariest game out, the graphics are tight, the critics mostly like it and reviewes on avarage are giving it 8's, 9.5's all across the board.

I'd like to play a demo at least, cause if it's even remotely like Doom3 or RE it's like no way cause i've been there done that. The game wholly just doesn't seem innovative to me.

And i'm starting to feel the same way about Fallout 3, too.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 02:53 AM
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
That's wrote initially. That it may be fun to play. It's supose to be the most suspensful or scariest game out, the graphics are tight, the critics mostly like it and reviewes on avarage are giving it 8's, 9.5's all across the board.

I'd like to play a demo at least, cause if it's even remotely like Doom3 or RE it's like no way cause i've been there done that. The game wholly just doesn't seem innovative to me.

And i'm starting to feel the same way about Fallout 3, too.

cool, i got ya now.

I'm curious though, how many games are ever truly innovative? Most games tend to be recycled formula's and control schemes but with a different face and scenario...,kind of like movie's. I don't know what kind of gamer you are. Maybe you are a high standards gamer that only plays the select few 9's or 9.5's. If so, that's totally cool and i can dig it. I go through that phase every now and again. I'm not trying to defend this game or even argue with you, im just curious why you would decide to not play a game simply because it lacks innovation. Innovation isn't realized very often in the gaming world anymore. I would understand if you said you have become over saturated with sci-fi themes or just plain don't like that genre...,is that what it is?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 04:27 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Why does every game have to be innovating?

Its a quality title. Graphics, sound, atmosphere are top notch. Action is pretty strategic and the enemy types are freaky.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2008 07:37 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Anyone know when Dead Space: Downfall will come out?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 01:46 AM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
cool, i got ya now.

I'm curious though, how many games are ever truly innovative? Most games tend to be recycled formula's and control schemes but with a different face and scenario...,kind of like movie's. I don't know what kind of gamer you are. Maybe you are a high standards gamer that only plays the select few 9's or 9.5's. If so, that's totally cool and i can dig it. I go through that phase every now and again. I'm not trying to defend this game or even argue with you, im just curious why you would decide to not play a game simply because it lacks innovation. Innovation isn't realized very often in the gaming world anymore. I would understand if you said you have become over saturated with sci-fi themes or just plain don't like that genre...,is that what it is?

There aren’t that many innovative games now, especially before, but that was because there was a lack of technology. Now there’s really not that big of an excuse especially with the powerhouse next-gen console we have. I dunno if it’s due to laziness or not.

And the market is saturated with sci-fi games but that’s not what bothers me.

You wrote “most games tend to be recycled formula's and control schemes but with a different face and scenario...,kind of like movie's”. I think this is the exact reason why we need true innovation in games. This recycled formula’s not working (for me) anymore. Maybe you’re right. Maybe I am a high-standard gamer (or not). Maybe I’m just a regular gamer whom wants that new way, maybe my time’ll come with the new upcoming next gen systems in a couple of years. Maybe my innate gamer has evolved and keeps saying “more!”. I dunno. I do know that I’m beginning to buy less games cause of it. I’ve already let two games go just this week and both were around 8.5-9 games too. With another 9 point game coming out later this month that I’m still considering getting.

And the reason why I would not play a game simply cause it lacks innovation is because I’ve been there and done that with that game. Many times. And have conquered it. Like COD5, man.. I love the call of duty games, save for 3, but even if the makers of COD4 made this one I’d still have to think about whether I should get this one.

Looks like the only thing I’ll have to settle for, for now, is any new and different upgrade features some games include that differentiate themselves as distinctively as possible. Like for ex: Saints’ Row 2. They have a lot of new added features that I’ve never done in video games before that seem really fun.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 01:05 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, its your lost. Dead Space is awesome.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 07:00 PM
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Smasandian
Well, its your lost. Dead Space is awesome.

Nah. I don't think i'm losing out on anything, actully, cause it all looks too familiar, imo. Which is why i'm not getting it.

But have fun with it.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 08:26 PM