KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Dead Space

Dead Space
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Impediment
Endless

I just beat the game on easy mode last night. I'm really mad about how ridiculously easy the final boss was. Then again, it was on easy mode. The game itself is completely engrossing, and the back story is very, very complex. The animated movie, Dead Space: Downfall, showed a lot of insight to the story. I give this game a generous 8.5. For wjat it lacks in originality, it more than makes up for with visuals, story, and gory combat fun.

I'll start another game this week on medium and see how it, hopefully, turns out to be more of a challenge.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 11:24 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I just beat the game on easy mode last night. I'm really mad about how ridiculously easy the final boss was.

Nothing new to games of today Imp, but overall do you think it's good enough to play through more then once, straight after finishing it on easy mode and going for something harder?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 11:27 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Nothing new to games of today Imp, but overall do you think it's good enough to play through more then once, straight after finishing it on easy mode and going for something harder?

Definitely, I say. I assume that the game will be more of a challenge on harder modes, in that the Necros will be more plentiful, and the damage will be more significant.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2008 11:31 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok so whats everyones fave weapons?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Atm at Chapter 6 mine is the line gun simply because its got such a wide area and can take a pair of legs off in one shot (two on larger beasties) although the contact beam with its enormous one shot damage is creeping up as the monsters are getting tougher to defeat

further whats your fave or perhaps even better, most hated enemy?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: ive got up to the Regenerative big dude, damn hard, damn creepy, love him but also hate him due to his attirubtes although i certainly dont like the fat beasts stuck on the walls who project those sacks from their stomachs that shoot darts, their a pain and their howls of pain makes my skin crawl

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 09:50 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

The plasma cutter and the guys on the walls.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2009 10:28 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_D_J
Bane

plasma cutter by default

I find the babies really creepy

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 07:58 PM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, the babies were creepy and annoying to kill.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 08:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

yh, especially in large numbers, surprised the plasma cutter is everyones fave, I think its useful due to huge amount of ammo there is always for it and ofc very upgradable but its a bit basic to be my fave

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 08:35 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Plasma cutter, it's the only gun I've used so far, and it will be the only one I use.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 10:03 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I think ammo in this game depends on what gun you use. If you dont use the plasma cutter, then whatever gun you have, there will be ammo for it.

I also used the flame thrower for smaller enemies like the ones that grab you and you have the shake them off.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 10:27 PM
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why neo? unless ofc your going after an Achievement diffrent guns are useful for diffrent purposes, cutting up variation from the beginning may give you a less interesting play through or a more difficult one, i mean those little buggers are a waste of ammo for anything other than the flamethrower.

personally i like the line gun for just ripping through crowds of opponents legs....its a lot of fun, and the contact beam just for a "haha you should have stayed in that vent!" moment.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2009 10:35 PM
Impediment
Endless

Bump.

I recently began playing Dead Space on my PS3 after having not played for almost an entire year.

I only just finished Impossible Mode tonight. I must say, Impossible Mode is quite the challenge. I can't even count how many times I died throughout the course of the campaign. Once I upgraded my weapons, rig, stasis module, and TK unit, the game, somewhat, became easier. The Hive Mind was exceptionally hard, also. I died nearly 10 times before I figured out a solid pattern which, by the way, greatly differs from easier modes. The "Level 3 Tier Engineer" trophy was a pleasant reward for a trophy whore like myself.

Now, I have several other trophies to obtain before I win the coveted Platinum "Concordance Officer" trophy.

• Maxed Out: Upgrade all weapons and equipment
  • Brawler: Kill at least 30 enemies with a melee attack
  • Full Contact: Kill 30 enemies with the Contact Beam
  • Live With The Hot Ones: Kill 30 enemies with the Flamethrower
  • Don't get cocky, kid: Survive the ADS Canon with over 50% Shield strength remaining
  • Slugger: Kill the Slug Boss with more than 50% Shield strength remaining

With the exception of the final two trophies, which require over 50% shield strength, this will be a breeze. I may, however, have to start over in Easy Mode to win the last two trophies. On Impossible Mode, I just barely made it with enough shield strength to continue.

After I finish these goals, I plan to spend more time one my Wii playing Dead Space: Extraction.

Only 6 more months until Dead Space 2!

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 9th, 2010 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2010 02:06 AM
Arachnid1

This is backwards compatible next month!

Its in my top 10 games of all time, so I will definitely replay the hell out of this.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 01:22 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Funny, I just replayed this game earlier last month. Finished the entire series as well.

I wonder if they will ever do a Dead Space 4.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 03:02 PM
FinalAnswer
Flower

Nah, series is dead, thx EA.

And tbh, Dead Space 3 was so mediocre it's probably for the best we don't get our Alien Resurrection.

Howdy!

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 08:43 PM
FinalAnswer is currently offline Click here to Send FinalAnswer a Private Message Find more posts by FinalAnswer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Dead Soace 1 and 2 were amazing.

I personally didn't hate 3, but it could have been soooooo much better.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 09:13 PM
Arachnid1

I absolutely hated it. I don't think I was scared once through its entirety, which I shouldn't be able to say about a Dead Space game.

The DLC was awesome though. It bumped things back up to Dead Space 1 levels of fear and was scarier than anything in the main game or Dead Space 2.

PWNT

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 09:21 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Shoulda ended with game 2

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 10:20 PM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by FinalAnswer
Nah, series is dead, thx EA.

And tbh, Dead Space 3 was so mediocre it's probably for the best we don't get our Alien Resurrection.

Thanks EA for giving money to a developer to make the series and allowing them freedom???

I understand EA screwing up companies that were independent and franchises that they bought. But how could you say "Thanks EA" when the franchise you are saying they destroyed was in fact was created by them.

As for Dead Space 3, I initially loved the game. I enjoyed the freedom you get in space, the large sub-missions you can partake in and loved the idea of building my own weapons. I also enjoyed the setting itself and thought it was a great change from being in tight corridors.

However, after replaying the series in order, Dead Space 3 is definitely the weakest of the bunch and I can understand the issues. The weapon system changed the game from horror to an action game and it ruined the vibe. As well, way too much reluctance on popping out enemies. The first two games had them but the siutation were constantly changed up so it never felt overdone. In Dead Space 3, the enemies pop up way too much, way to frequent and it seems each encounter you were constantly bombarded by large numbers.

I think they could do another game as long as they don't continue the storyline from Dead Space 3 DLC. Maybe the new game takes place 20,000 years later. I think the universe is good enough to warrant another game.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2016 11:14 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by Smasandian
Funny, I just replayed this game earlier last month. Finished the entire series as well.

I wonder if they will ever do a Dead Space 4.
I'm just reviving this thread to inform you all that EA shut down Visceral Games today. That's the final nail in the coffin for the Dead Space franchise.

sad

PWNT

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 07:34 AM