KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Uh..Duke Nukem Forever?

Uh..Duke Nukem Forever?
Started by: 123KID

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rubyman
Restricted

Account Restricted

They finally released a new mini-trailer for it! Looks promising!

[Edit.]

Last edited by Storm on Dec 24th, 2007 at 01:58 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2007 01:07 PM
Rubyman is currently offline Click here to Send Rubyman a Private Message Find more posts by Rubyman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I dont get why they were proud to release that footage lol

I would have rather heard "oh yeah duke nukem forever is back on track".. and see a trailer for it like next year

this was nothing more than a lame publicity stunt

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 06:47 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Well, alot of companies release teaser trailers.

If this was any other game, it wouldnt be a problem, it would be like, "wow, looks somewhat interesting"

But the problem is that this game has been in development for years and that the teaser was absolute shit. I dont even remember anything about it. Usually, they have some pre rendered cutscene or some sort of direction on what the game is going to be about but this is just Duke saying some shitty line and people are suppose to exicted about it. One thing though, nobody gives a shit about his character anymore. He aint no Master Chief in terms of marketability. I wouldnt be surprised if some people went, "who the **** is that dude".

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 11:09 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JackieCD

10 years and all they came up with was that crappy looking trailer? Wow. This is going to be a crappy game.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2007 12:33 AM
JackieCD is currently offline Click here to Send JackieCD a Private Message Find more posts by JackieCD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

2 new screenshots

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 04:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

The fact that Chinese Democracy by Guns 'n' Roses is going to be out before this is a disgrace.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 04:11 AM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep.

I can't believe it hasn't been released, or been canceled.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2008 02:07 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tom_servo

The trailer was horrible, which means most likely that the game will be rushed. It'll suck.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 09:09 PM
tom_servo is currently offline Click here to Send tom_servo a Private Message Find more posts by tom_servo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morridini
Morridini

I wonder what it would take for this game to be considered a success. What could possibly justify this long development time?

Thanks to Raoul for the sig!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 09:21 PM
Morridini is currently offline Click here to Send Morridini a Private Message Find more posts by Morridini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I think the only relevance the delays have is on the amount of money that has been spent on the games development over the years. The only people that seem to have any kind of expectations for this game are the hardcore Duke fans and they will buy/rent and play this game no matter what. After a decades delay the developers do have the luxory of having a new demographic of gamers to target. I'm sure that a lot of people who will play this game have never heard of or played a Duke game before the XBLA release. As long as the game is fun, pretty to look at and bug free i'm sure it will do fine. People love FPS's and even though the dirty harry persona is becoming redundant in gaming it is still popular. I do not know how much money was invested into this game over the years but i'm assuming it is a lot. So, it probably has no chance at making back everything that was put into it but it doesnt have to. It just has to do well enough to justify an investment into an immediate sequel.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2008 10:39 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Demo Gameplay

There was a demo to play at PAX 2010 and its gearbox thats finishing it off.........no joke

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/p...ke-nukem/704001

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 04:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

all this hype and no one at the event got a semi-HQ vid? What kind of loser went to this damn event.

Refuse to watch the vid because of the stupid ass RAWK music. But will be eagerly awaiting some HQ footage

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 10:06 AM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'm just hoping the game is still gonna be good since 3D Realms is'nt involved.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 10:18 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, we have no idea if that ever would have been good- the fact they couldn't finish it speaks for a lot.

The point is- the name may be the same, but this game, code-wise, will have pretty much nothing at all in common with the game they started developing so long ago.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 11:43 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

New Duke Nukem!

So a new Duke Nukem is released, awesome sauce. This isn't just a trailer it is actually playable and released next year!!! So awesome.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/...-at-pax/1409763

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/...railers/1409747

Along with a new trailer. This and the new Twisted Metal let me look forward to 2011 and a PS3. big grin

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:23 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Meh, I'm more looking forward to a new Serious Sam.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:27 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Use the other thread......

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:53 PM
Bardock42

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
Use the other thread......

Well, the other thread is really about old Duke Nukem...

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 12:59 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Look again....

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:00 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Man I figured someone jumped on it, didn't see it though. Wait, that is an old thread, oh well.

Serious Sam? Meh, ok I suppose.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:45 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote