KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Uh..Duke Nukem Forever?

Uh..Duke Nukem Forever?
Started by: 123KID

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm just hoping the game is still gonna be good since 3D Realms is'nt involved.
They did hire a lot of the old staff.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:47 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Look again....

I saw that you updated it, however the thread is on the discontinued Duke Nukem Forever, no? The new one deserves its own thread.

And Serious Sam is a million times better than Duke Nukem has ever been...also they are able to release, so that should count for something.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 01:57 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well indeed.

However, this is technically the same game, though not actually, as I mentioned in the other thread. It is the same license and trademark etc. so this should probably be in the other thread.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 02:23 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Bardock42
I saw that you updated it, however the thread is on the discontinued Duke Nukem Forever, no? The new one deserves its own thread.

And Serious Sam is a million times better than Duke Nukem has ever been...also they are able to release, so that should count for something.
Yea let's just put it there.

Nah. On a serious point, Duke Nukem did revolutionize shooting games and had great level design (some of the best even by today's standards), floors above floors with character interactions. Funny thing is the classic 3d one has been revamped to modern standards with the new features of modern FPS's.

You have to have a top of the line comp to play it though, it is more demanding than Crysis.

http://hrp.duke4.net/
http://deeperthought.dukertcm.com/dp/

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 02:31 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Ushgarak
Well indeed.

However, this is technically the same game, though not actually, as I mentioned in the other thread. It is the same license and trademark etc. so this should probably be in the other thread.

Fair dos.

Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Yea let's just put it there.

Nah. On a serious point, Duke Nukem did revolutionize shooting games and had great level design (some of the best even by today's standards), floors above floors with character interactions. Funny thing is the classic 3d one has been revamped to modern standards with the new features of modern FPS's.

You have to have a top of the line comp to play it though, it is more demanding than Crysis.

http://hrp.duke4.net/
http://deeperthought.dukertcm.com/dp/

Well, Duke Nukem 3D was a really great, fun game. The videos of the new one haven't really blown me away though, I'll probably check it out, but that's why I said I'd rather have another Serious Sam, cause they've proven in the last 10 years (at least to me) that they can make rather fun games. Though perhaps I even unfairly put them together, well, we'll see I guess.

I don't currently own any high end PC, I play old PC games and consoles mostly nowadays.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 03:46 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Bardock42
Fair dos.

Well, Duke Nukem 3D was a really great, fun game. The videos of the new one haven't really blown me away though, I'll probably check it out, but that's why I said I'd rather have another Serious Sam, cause they've proven in the last 10 years (at least to me) that they can make rather fun games. Though perhaps I even unfairly put them together, well, we'll see I guess.

I don't currently own any high end PC, I play old PC games and consoles mostly nowadays.
I've always been an oldschool gamer for the most part, and I always said that Duke Nukem, Twisted Metal, and Baldur's Gate would bring me back into gaming. 2 of those are out next year. Oh and Street Fighter.

But yea, I don't play games much anymore. I don't know the quality of the new game, but I would hope it is as good as the previous which was excellent.

The delay in the game has caused a huge rift in the fanbase though.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 04:15 PM
Bardock42

Perhaps that is a good thing, that way it has to stand on its own merits.

I, too, could go for another Baldur's Gate though.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 05:12 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

True, well it will be a niche game to guys like me who remember the classics, there are probably those who are more associated with the memes and the soundboard who might pick it up as well.

It's like a good and bad thing that BG was so good, it will be hard to trump with a sequel.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 05:47 PM
A Hero's Fate
The Legend Ends

Ah finally.....Duke Nukem 3D was the first computer game, I ever played. I'm so looking forward to this.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 07:08 PM
A Hero's Fate is currently offline Click here to Send A Hero's Fate a Private Message Find more posts by A Hero's Fate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Baldur's Gate was fully multiplayer as well. It blows my mind how good those two games were. Neverwinter Nights was always so weak in comparison.

So in fact, the first multiplayer BG descendant that actually is bothering in the story department is, of all things, Star Wars: The Old Republic. And I have... 'issues' there.

Anyway- much as I did indeed like Nukem 3D, my favourite of the early FPS games was Heretic. That game spawned a bunch of decent sequels and then stopped dead at the end of the 90s. Boo!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 07:16 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Hexen 64 for the N64! That was so great, specially the music that was on the N64 version, imo made it stand above Heretic. Speaking of old games and Duke, there was a Duke Nukem for N64 called Duke Nukem Zero Hour, it was rather rubbish in the single player department, but the MP was pretty solid back in the day, it was 1st person (single player was third person) And you could choose all kinds of Dukes, Cowboy duke with the winchester rifle was my favorite.

Anyway I hope this game delivers, but I am not having high hopes, Doom 3 did not even come close to the spectacle of the first. Neither did any of the Wolfenstein's imo nor Quake 4.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 09:50 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I couldn't care less about another Duke Nukem game at this point. However, i suppose as long as they focus on the humor it might be worth playing. Personally, i'd rather see another Matt Hazard game but with good graphics and controls. That game was funny as hell.

Old Post Sep 4th, 2010 11:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

From the previews, they are definitely going the old Duke Nukem route with regards to humour.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 02:51 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

As they should, it was golden.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 04:16 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
i'd rather see another Matt Hazard game but with good graphics and controls. That game was funny as hell.

Sure yeah funny as hell but it got very repetitive the gameplay....

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 08:04 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wonder if Dr Proton will make an apperance in this game....they did have plans for him during all this Duke Nukem Forever development nonsense.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 08:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Photo's from the game

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/th...-photo-gallery/

when i saw the cyclops alien in that picture was thinking did'nt Duke kick that alien races arse from 3D and then i saw the next picture in the some mansion

Impressions-
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/du...girls-one-duke/

regen health??.....so much for having it like the other games.

Last edited by Kazenji on Sep 5th, 2010 at 01:33 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 01:30 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Getting head in the beginning of the game. That's so Duke. laughing

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 05:15 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Impressions-
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2010/09/du...girls-one-duke/

Pushing buttons to make Duke pee? Should I be laughing or facepalming?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 08:51 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
killermover

Uh Duke Nukem? I thought Travis Touchdown was the new Duke.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2010 10:26 PM
killermover is currently offline Click here to Send killermover a Private Message Find more posts by killermover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote