KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Battlezone: Desaad vs Quanchi

Battlezone: Desaad vs Quanchi
Started by: Desaad

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Desaad
I just want to point out how inferior this is to what Darkseid possesses. Boom Tubes are devices to warp the bounds of reality itself. Time and Space are meaningless concepts when you have a Boom Tube - it allows one to travel to anywhere in space, through dimensions, and in some examples even through time.

Considering this was his most powerful (offensively) ship ever...thats pretty sad. I've shown you examples of New God technology destroying entire SUNS, much less this which didn't fully destroy a small moon?

As impressive as the Stasis guns are, Apokolips basically has a similar thing going for it in the field that uses one's own strength against it.
Neither side is going to win it based on their ships or armada. It all comes down to who is the better strategist. Thanos has always sought out artifacts of power and most of his tech and clones are just experimentation anyways. He built the Dreadnaught when he as younger anyways and really wasnt out to overtake the universe with might as he realized thats a fools way to try to overtake the universe.

Thanos also has the synthetic gem and Adam Warlock's gem to snuff out any old particular sun but we both know this isnt going to win the war.

The stasis guns are impressive enough to hold Thor captive with the friggin power gem. So yeah this will definitely help out in this epic battle against Darkseid and his forces.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Dec 30th, 2007 at 08:05 AM

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 08:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

This shit is hilarious.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 02:23 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Originally posted by quanchi112
[B]Yes Drax defeated them but was indeed at his smartest and went through a planet of Annihilus's creatures along with one of his queens. So while you may say he was powered down he still was powerful indeed.

He was powerful, but he wasn't as invulnerable, nor as strong, he had lost his flight ability and no longer had any energy powers.

In exchange for intelligence, skill...and some knives.

I'm saying, Blood Brothers - not that powerful, as you admit.

quote:
Paibok is intelligent. His plan backfired but it was masterful still the same but Captain Marvel seemed to be to much for this. It isnt as if Paibok has to interact with Darkseid himself he could interact with his slow witted son Kalibak.

Paibak actually ISN'T that bright. What was his idea in the Drax mini, take over a small Alaskan town? And even THAT didn't work out!

With the kind of technology Darkseid has at his disposal, simple skrullians shouldn't be too much trouble to detect.

quote:
With regards to important people I was referring to government officials. Im sure they could infiltrate the Skrull army as well as I already have the Superskrull and Paibok.

The Skrull Army doesn't even exist, save for a very select few.

Skrulls are the refugees of the universe at this point, totally impotent. The Kree are only slightly better off, half their empire ceded to the Annihilation Wave.

The Sh'iar are too dangerous to get mixed up with; it would be unfortunate for Thanos to have the Sh'iar Imperial Guard against him before he even begins to go up against Darkseid.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 09:55 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Olympus losto to Cronus due to his planning and because he had more worshippers. It wasnt due to him being more powerful it was due to his intellgience and after this battle he was more powerful after he defeated Olympus with ease. Both are impressive and the only reason I brought it up is to point out it can be done by another character due to his intelligence and not just sheer power. More worshippers gave them the easy victory.

Uh, this had nothing to do with intelligence.

In the DC Universe, more worshipers for a god means more power for that God. This is made ABUNDANTLY clear, recently, with the whole Athena/Ares/Aphrodite power level comparison to Zues.

Cronus having more worshipers is precisely what gave him the win here, as you yourself admit, and thus this is a power feat.

What planning, exactly, are you referring to? The whole conflict consists of Cronus coming in with his Gods, fighting the each god one on one, and winning through pure power superiority.

quote:
Granny Goodness doing this makes this quite a feat. But it shows to me the lack of awareness that this pantheon had. In our situation here Thanos and Darkseid have one year and they know the will be squaring off. There will be no element of surprise when this war begins.

If you're dismissing this due to a lack of similar circumstances, virtually all of your examples no longer hold credence in relation to Darkseid's bad showings. Every example you have brought up refers to one sided prep or a surprise attack.

quote:
The bottom line is this with regards to Darkseid and Izaya. Darkseid wants to conquer New Genesis.

Conquering New Genesis is only one part of his plan, a small piece.

quote:
He would kill Izaya if he had the chance as well.

He already had the chance, and didn't.

quote:
He is an effective leader and one that has been able to ward off Darkseid's attacks for years.

He and all of New Genesis, yes.

Izaya is dead, and New Genesis is STILL keeping Apokolips in check. Hardly the center of things that you are painting him to be.

quote:
Darkseid hasnt seized New Genesis and won this war and hes had an awfully long time to do this. Both sides have nice technology here but Darkseid failing to win this war shows that with an equal opponent in a wartime setting he cant just get the drop on him.

So the whole point of this argument is that an equally powerful, equally advanced, equally intelligent planet is able to stalemate Darkseid and Apokolips?

No disagreement.

I ALSO don't think Thanos is going to stand a chance against New Genesis, of course.

quote:
Ares was in the right place at the right time and when he seized the prize for himself Darkseid reacted and along with everyone else stopped him cold.

Darkseid stopped him cold on his own, with his own technology, due to his own plans.

Don't try to spread the wealth of credit.

quote:
Darkseid failed in this story as he wanted the godwave for himself. This you cannot dispute.

In the same way that Thanos failed during the Infinity Gauntlet saga, and the Cosmic Cube saga, and the Soul Gem debacle, yes. All of those were big failures for Thanos, as he ultimately failed to achieve his desire.

quote:
Thanos got involved because he had to. He didnt almost die at the hands of the Magus. I dont know where you are getting this. He was fine and was nowhere near death.

Magus makes it clear that he is going to kill Thanos, and that he is more powerful than Thanos. As the champion of life, it was always his duty to defeat, forever, the Champion of Death - Thanos.

quote:
When he tried to snuff out the sun he did leave himself open. But the reason is because he likes to brag on occasion and does what most villains do he defeated the heroes but didnt kill them.

That being the case, Thanos is as likely - more likely, going by Thanos' love of physical confrontation - to get himself killed in the heat of battle, and to leave himself open to attacks.

quote:
Kronos,Lord,Chaos,Master Order all throw their chips in to stop this threat.

Are you referring to the Cosmic Cube saga? I don't recall Kronos or Lord Chaos/Master Order having anything to do with the Soul Gem stuff.

Of course cosmics are going to align to stop Thanos when he's got a big cosmic artifact at his command. Hardly evidence of his prep skill.

quote:
Thanos losing to Warlock who he previously killed is no big wow you missed that kind of mistake. He friggin killed him and then his spirit came back. That is something you cannot plan for.

Same, I suppose, as some god coming from out of nowhere to steal your power and take advantage of your plans.

Of course, Darkseid still managed a way to salvage that one. smile

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:09 PM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Suggestion:

I realize this is different than a tournament, but it might be advantageous to adopt the post limit rules that tourneys have. There's a lot of material in this thread, and much more than most judges will want to read. In any battle, especially in a 1-on-1 setting, there shouldn't be anything that can't be said in, say, 6-7 posts.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:21 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Ok so now let me retort to what you said about Desaad just teleporting him away with no probelms. First off desaad asked for orders to which Darkseid replied, that he wanted his elite guard summoned to slow the creature's progress as one of my scans has shown you. He said if we cannot develop a plan then we must prepare for its evacuation. Right there the proof is in his very own words. He knew the creature was formidable so why did he not simply teleport him away. Is he that stupid?

He thought he and his Guard could handle it.

He's arrogant, undoubtedly, but it isn't as if he had complex dossiers on Doomsday and Cyborg Superman, so what do you want?

Just as you in another post, it doesn't really matter -- this was a surprise attack, something that COULDN'T be planned.

In our little scenario, Darkseid has a year to plot and plan and prepare for Thanos' attack. Not the same at all.

quote:
Even you have to admit that without Superman's help Apokolips was done for.

If Darkseid responded that way, certainly.

But I've demonstrated that Darkseid has weapons powerful enough to stun, even kill, Doomsday. It would be a simple matter to stun him, and then send him to wherever.

Again though, this has nothing to do with anything -- right?

quote:
Cyborg was only defeated because Superman bought Darkseid time to recover and fire his omega beams. There will be no Superman aid in this war.

There would be no Cyborg Superman or Doomsday surprise attacking in this war either.

Your point is...useless, either way.

And if you're insistent on using Adam Warlock, it MUST be noted that Superman has intervened on behalf of Darkseid no less than three times.

Its possible.

quote:
I never implied that Champion was a threat but he did just show up and met him face to face. Thanos bfr'd him without hesitation. He didnt need a distraction and didnt have time to plan out a strategy while his planet's forces kept his foe busy like Darkseid.

It has to be noted that all of Thanos' sentries, protections, etc up until that point were 100% breached.

Pretty sad, given how weak Champion was at that point - taken out from one very casual punch from Dumb Drax.

Oh, and again, Darkseid has similarly removed Superman -- in fact, in a VERY similar circumstance.

quote:
The point is my friend that Darkseid did know how formidable this Doomsday was and that his elite guard were nothing. At no point in time did he mention teleporting him away but instead talked of evacuation. Face the facts please.

I'll face a complete picture of the facts rather than the abridged version you seem to be playing with.

To summarize this post alone you're...

1. Using an example that gives Darkseid no prep time, claiming it a legitimate showing of Darkseid's readiness after 1 year of prep, and then decrying other examples I've shown (Olympus vs Granny Goodness) as largely invalid because the Olympians didn't have any idea what was coming.
2. Showing an example of an extremely weak character getting through Thanos' defenses to prove Thanos' superiority
3. Ignoring a similar example of Darkseid banishing Superman instantly

In previous posts, you've also used a couple examples of Darkseid making him available on the battlefield as proof positive that he is going to make himself available to Thanos' forces, ignoring the times in which Thanos has single handidly sought out battle - a lot - and the times that extremely weak forces, with no prep time, have been able to reach Thanos - which was also a lot (Soul Gem, Cosmic Cube).

Not buying it.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:21 PM
Desaad

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Suggestion:

I realize this is different than a tournament, but it might be advantageous to adopt the post limit rules that tourneys have. There's a lot of material in this thread, and much more than most judges will want to read. In any battle, especially in a 1-on-1 setting, there shouldn't be anything that can't be said in, say, 6-7 posts.

No judges here.

Just for fun.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:22 PM
Badabing
Karen

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Suggestion:

I agree.

Quan, Desaad.
There needs to be more structure here. I'm not letting this thread go on forever without some judges and a defined winner.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:26 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Thanos lost due to the fact that he basically challenged the Avengers,Kronos,Captain Marvel,etc. and eventually like all great villains he had to lose but look at all the forces aligned against him.

Whatever the reasoning, it remains essentially the same, or if not the same that similar.

To be clear, I'm not saying Thanos isn't going to be able to take over Titan -- just that the expenditure of resources to take over and hold it will be a HUGE setback for him, for while Darkseid is planning his battle with Thanos and building his war machine Thanos will have to plan a war with Titan, undoubtedly lose some resources in conquering the planet, and be left with the necessity of maintaining control of the planet -- filled with a hostile population -- while waging a war against Darkseid.

quote:
Thanos will have Titan and other options as base. His attention wont be on keeping Titan as with the forces and allies you see it will be easy as pie to keep this base.

No, not easy as pie, as demonstrated the last time he tried to take over the planet.

quote:
Dont forget Apokolips is always worried about New Genesis and that will divide Darkseid's attention.

Ah, but Darkseid won't be preoccupied with New Genesis. Darkseid's war with the Green Lantern Corps already demonstrated the way they feel about getting involved in one of Darkseid's wars.

And that was with a benevolent peace keeping force like the Green Lantern Corps.

quote:
You wont really know where Thanos is as there will be clones stationed everywhere to keep Darkseid guessing.

Ahh, the clones. I'll get to the clones with your big post about them in a moment.

Nevertheless, given Thanos' penchant for physical battle, it should be easy to get a bead on him.

quote:
Isaac isnt useless he stores vast knowledge and also will only be available to Darkseid's forces if they can get to him which they wont.

I don't see why they wouldn't be able to get to him, or why they wouldn't be able to contact him from across the light years, as Desaad was able to control scientists on earth from Apokolips.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:32 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I nominate Bada and Digi for judges. shifty

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:32 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Originally posted by Badabing
I agree.

Quan, Desaad.
There needs to be more structure here. I'm not letting this thread go on forever without some judges and a defined winner.

Uh, why not?

Is there a defined winner in every thread on the board, then?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:33 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

It's a battlezone thread. Which means there is a winner this time. Just pick some judges and end it in about 5 more posts, is that cool?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:34 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Uh, why not?

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's a battlezone thread. Which means there is a winner this time. Just pick some judges and end it in about 5 more posts, is that cool?

Yeah, otherwise it's not a Battlezone thread, a thread for you guys to post against each other as long as you want, with the ability to yell at anyone else who decides they have an opinion. It's a bit egotistical, and would also be against the general forum rules unless done through proper Battlezone limitations and rules.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:40 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Uh, why not?

Does every thread have named members in the title? Did you read the battle zone rules?

Pick judges and a post/time limit please.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:41 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Ok Ill give you the part about Batman having one sided prep but dont for a moment think that Thanos cannot get to Apokolips. Thanos has created timemachines,created clones of himself,has cloned basically Galactus when he didnt even have the time to make the necessary corrections. It is like he is just messing around so damn straight he will be able to get to Apokolips but its just that Darkseid will be expecting him.

No, I don't believe that Thanos is going to be able to get to Apokolips, at least not for a long while, if Darkseid has all of his forcefields, psi ops, snares, and weapons in place.

The battle will more than likely take place in the area AROUND Apokolips, but I don't anticipate Thanos penetrating very far, what with Darkseid's superior technology, superior resources, superior calvary numbers, superior elite warriors and superior trumps.

It is nice that Thanos has created time machines, but Apokolips has those as well, as I demonstrated a while ago -- and they are much smaller and more manueverable, too.

quote:
Thanos has Adam Warlock at his side here and he is phenomenal with prep. So I guess you are wrong on this one and oh yeah the clones who have his keen planning and strategic minds. The man can clone himself.

I will respond to the clones in the next one, but you know what I am going to say.

quote:
Thanos still beat down the opposition after they destroyed his gem. He already adapted and was going to use the soul gem to snuff out our sun.

He adapted to his failure, right, against heroes that he really should have seen coming.

But he failed to do that, too.

Darkseid adapted to the failure of his plan against Ares, who he couldn't have seen coming, and then won the day.

Thanos ended up a stone statue for over a decade.

quote:
Yes Desaad did give a weaker Superman a good tussle but lost nonetheless and I know he isnt used at Darkseid's muscle but instead is a planner alongside Darkseid. I just wanted to point out that Desaad is no powerhouse.

That is fine, that isn't his role. But when it comes to it, he can still be more powerful and more effective than most anyone on your team.

Not to mention he could mass produce the devices that gave him the power to go toe to toe with Byrne Supes and Dr. Fate and hand them out to elite soldiers -- that would certainly boost a lot of stats, and give even Thanos' most powerful pause.

quote:
The armor is impressive but how about a Thanos clone or Omega and then that piece of armor you are bragging about looks like a piece of junk.

Clones and Omega aren't going to come into play here, but even if they DID I'd wager that the armor would do fine against most of those clones, Omega the exception.

quote:
Darkseid did help stop the Anti Monitor but also need Alex Luthors energy specifically to injure Anti Monitor.

He saw through Luthor's eyes to reach the Anti Moniter, but his energies had nothing to do with the blast that affected the Anti - Moniter so thoroughly, and it was his technology that allowed him to use Alex Luthor as a portal through which to see. Again, two great showings for his technology, offensive and sensory.

quote:
I am sure Thanos could cause a mass explosion on Apokolips once he started sending his forces in there. He teleports people,battlefields, and I am sure tech to and from his spacecraft with ease. The benefit I have going for me is that I have Thanos clones and robots so you wont know where Mr. T is at. I know exactly where Darkseid is at all times.

Not really. Not given the fact that Darkseid has avatars and technology capable of replicating his form.

quote:
Scarecrow and Desaad worked together to brainwash Superman. Thus it is a shared feat.

Scarecrow used Desaad's technology to drive Superman insane. It is not a "shared feat" in that all Scarecrow did was stay on earth and push a button or two.

It was 100% Desaad's technology.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:43 PM
Desaad

Originally posted by Badabing
Does every thread have named members in the title? Did you read the battle zone rules?

Pick judges and a post/time limit please.

I'll leave it up to Quanchi, then.

I honestly don't care.

And from the beginning I was fine with people responding in the thread. It was an issue that Quanchi had, not mine.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:44 PM
Desaad

Now it is really time to send in the clones. Really Darkseid is in for it once you see some of Thanos' clones and the clones' allies here.

Okay, this is really the only part of this post I have to respond to.

Thanos isn't going to have access to his clones in this battle.

Why not?

It has nothing to do with the rules, and everything to do with practicality.

Thanos' clones were uncontrollable. Unreliable. They tried to KILL HIM for crissakes.

He has been trying to use them, perfect them, for YEARS (Ka-Zar being the first known incident, and that was over a decade ago). He specifically sought to destroy them, rather than use them, because they were totally uncontrollable.

That is how unsalvagable they were. Thanos, the guy who loves any intellectual challenge, sought to destroy every one of them because he couldn't find a way to use them for his own gain.

Thanos using them would be a HUGE strategic error, as the last time any of them were conscious they set off a tactical black hole in his face.

The guy had to systematically kill them, and it almost killed HIM.

Releasing his clones would be, again, a huge mistake and could very well win the war for Darkseid in and of itself.

For the record, I believe that even IF the clones were around, Darkseid would still win this. The Promethean is a more powerful (and controllable) trump, the Brimestone Corps would ROLL OVER pretty much anything you can send against Darkseid, weapons in my arsenal alter reality, destroy and channel entire stars into weapons. Telepaths (as one of Thanos' clones is) are helpless against the New Gods, and can be rendered unconscious and useless with technology.

Omega, powerful though he was SAID to be, was ultimately defeated by a bunch of energy blasts, was stunned by Spiderman's webbing, was knocked down heavily by a Soul Gem blast (previously, in WaIW, the most powerful Soul Gem blast Adam Warlock could manage was described as capable of knocking down a building).

Weak, ultimately.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:57 PM
quanchi112
Disney

He was powerful, but he wasn't as invulnerable, nor as strong, he had lost his flight ability and no longer had any energy powers.

In exchange for intelligence, skill...and some knives.

I'm saying, Blood Brothers - not that powerful, as you admit.

Paibak actually ISN'T that bright. What was his idea in the Drax mini, take over a small Alaskan town? And even THAT didn't work out!

With the kind of technology Darkseid has at his disposal, simple skrullians shouldn't be too much trouble to detect.

The Skrull Army doesn't even exist, save for a very select few.

Skrulls are the refugees of the universe at this point, totally impotent. The Kree are only slightly better off, half their empire ceded to the Annihilation Wave.

The Sh'iar are too dangerous to get mixed up with; it would be unfortunate for Thanos to have the Sh'iar Imperial Guard against him before he even begins to go up against Darkseid.
Ok one thing I wasnt sure on was how we are doing this. I didnt know but I guess we get all their allies and outside forces are all current then,correct?

Paibok isnt the brightest but then again neither are half the idiots that work for Darkseid. Kalibak is an outright idiot himself and as long as they dont come into contact with Desaad or anyone remotely intelligent Paibok could indeed work his way in here. The planet is immense and Darkseid doesnt notice everything on his planet at all times.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 10:57 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Okay, this is really the only part of this post I have to respond to.

Thanos isn't going to have access to his clones in this battle.

Why not?

It has nothing to do with the rules, and everything to do with practicality.

Thanos' clones were uncontrollable. Unreliable. They tried to KILL HIM for crissakes.

He has been trying to use them, perfect them, for YEARS (Ka-Zar being the first known incident, and that was over a decade ago). He specifically sought to destroy them, rather than use them, because they were totally uncontrollable.

That is how unsalvagable they were. Thanos, the guy who loves any intellectual challenge, sought to destroy every one of them because he couldn't find a way to use them for his own gain.

Thanos using them would be a HUGE strategic error, as the last time any of them were conscious they set off a tactical black hole in his face.

The guy had to systematically kill them, and it almost killed HIM.

Releasing his clones would be, again, a huge mistake and could very well win the war for Darkseid in and of itself.

For the record, I believe that even IF the clones were around, Darkseid would still win this. The Promethean is a more powerful (and controllable) trump, the Brimestone Corps would ROLL OVER pretty much anything you can send against Darkseid, weapons in my arsenal alter reality, destroy and channel entire stars into weapons. Telepaths (as one of Thanos' clones is) are helpless against the New Gods, and can be rendered unconscious and useless with technology.

Omega, powerful though he was SAID to be, was ultimately defeated by a bunch of energy blasts, was stunned by Spiderman's webbing, was knocked down heavily by a Soul Gem blast (previously, in WaIW, the most powerful Soul Gem blast Adam Warlock could manage was described as capable of knocking down a building).

Weak, ultimately.
In my second attack of the clones post youll see why they most certainly are going to be involved. I knew you were going to fight me on this and as well you should because with the clones it really makes Thanos win in a landslide. But be patient in my second attack of the clones I will tell you why they are most certainly included.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:00 PM
Desaad

[B]Ok one thing I wasnt sure on was how we are doing this. I didnt know but I guess we get all their allies and outside forces are all current then,correct?

I was going with the idea that any notables from the past they were able to get.

Kind of a timeless thing, so long as it is within reason.

You should probably have a look at what your mod is saying though, before we continue this.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 11:10 PM