KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2007

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2007
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Actually if there is an issue I have with the Dark Side it's really that far fewer have been Hooked into some level of involvement with the plot other than being there- almost like 'Also Starring' roles.

Mind you, doesn't seem to have lessened Rianna's enjoyment any.

Dak has never rolled a Premonition result, I seem to remember. At least Rianna has had something to ponder.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 11:55 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hey, I get to go nuts in this game in a way that none of us can anywhere or anyway else. Would be neat to actually be able to get more involved in the actual plot itself though...

Yeah. Something to ponder. Which I've been doing for three years. Hehe.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Last edited by Peach on Jan 5th, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 11:58 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak kind of actually doesn't have any foresight powers. I really focused on combat back when I built him, which in hindsight may not have been as smart as it could have been.

If there was a movie about the Darkies, Galder's name would come first in the credits, I think.

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 11:59 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Actually if there is an issue I have with the Dark Side it's really that far fewer have been Hooked into some level of involvement with the plot other than being there- almost like 'Also Starring' roles..

Not me, I think.

I assume that opposing Rand and Gallador to Galder in the trailer was meaningful?

Another gift doen`t happen to be trailer for next OT game?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:04 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Gallador is much easier to get in, though the 'does one of Rand/Gallador make the other pointless?' worry remains.

(It is a general maxim in role-plays is that a group can handle any number of fighters, but duplicates in other areas tend to overlap their role)

At first the plan was that Rand represented choice number 3. If you remember, the eventual decision you guys made to become a group of equals removed that option, so now it is a choice of two.

I am seriously hoping I was right in that trailer and that the default positions would be for Rand and Gallador to go the other way to Galder. I very much think it will be.

So then I have to distinguish Rand and Gallador. Of course, Rand's megalomania means that, basically, he'll never be happy so he's ALWAYS going to want to restore choice 3 at some time. Gallador's ready to settle (though only to better himself in the long term).

That being the case, Gallador should have the best relationship with Adelmo. So his plots can probably spin out of that.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:11 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

This is what I thought as well. Provided that Lady Adelmo is extremally powerful Darksider( seems obvious) which is relatively sane and accepts non-female followers, Gallador will think that his chances to surivive and grow in power are bigger with serving her than with being in "group of equals" with psychos like Galder and Rianna that wouldn`t need a very good reason to kill him.

We couldn`t even organize enough to conquer Epireus, which was only meaningful thing to do on this backwater place. Gallador is actually pissed at Rand that he failed as Master and Leader. He believes that being Master of entire Force is more difficult than being mere Jedi Master, since Darkside is so challenging to get control over, problems Gallador has as well.

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:34 AM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by General Kaliero
Well, I just didn't know if Xavier would bite, that's all. stick out tongue

Half of him would shifty

Originally posted by Lana
Hey, keep in mind that you ARE the sanest of the four of us...stick out tongue
The nicest killer is still a killer darn it stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:44 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You've come a long way, Newjak. I think this game is the one for you to stamp out your personality on the storyline, then I can write stuff in for you. Remember, Galder was just the thug at first. Now he's the fan favourite. Gets mail all the time.

I also had some plans for Tanic, actually, I'm just not 100% sure on Trick's availablity these days. His non-show in the trailer is me being cautious.
I like this big grin

Dak kind of actually doesn't have any foresight powers. I really focused on combat back when I built him, which in hindsight may not have been as smart as it could have been.

If there was a movie about the Darkies, Galder's name would come first in the credits, I think.
Xavier has Dreams
Yet another thing Xavier beats Dak in.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:47 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, I don't mean I have a specific plan for you, Newjak. The onus is on you.

We'll see what can be done with Dak. Got to get him away from just him being reptile-darky.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:50 AM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

We'll see what can be done with Dak. Got to get him away from just him being reptile-darky.
I know still I like any opportunity to flesh out my guy. That and this upcoming Game sounds fun and awesome.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:00 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Ironically most of his character and reason for existing happened out of game.

Originally posted by Newjak
I like this big grin

Xavier has Dreams
Yet another thing Xavier beats Dak in.

Oh shut up. No tail for you. stick out tongue

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:27 AM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Ironically most of his character and reason for existing happened out of game.

Oh shut up. No tail for you. stick out tongue
Please you act like Dak as dibbs on the tail market. There are prettier tails out there. stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 01:40 AM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Originally posted by Newjak
Please you act like Dak as dibbs on the tail market. There are prettier tails out there. stick out tongue

Get one of those, then. Dak agrees there are prettier tails. His issue is with taking his. stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:15 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Interesting. Roan definitely wants to figure out what the deal is with the lady and the Minion. Really embarrassed him last time
Rescuing another Jedi, especially one he's worked with before is going to be something he'll fight to do also.
And I'm interested to see Sunda again.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:19 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hopefully my current games will help with any fleshing that needs to be done, though they in no way get anyone hooked into the overall plot, just their own.

Will Galder get to learn how to defy gravity?

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 02:21 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

Sienar is great temptation for anyone in your situation.

Perhaps I should haver also mentioned that it's not just Gallagher that the Dark Side can beckon for in that story.

Yeah, I felt that the part about Andro finding some kind of pleasure in the killing of Varm was a warning. Andro was hell-bent on beating his nemesis Varm and then getting to Seinar. I don't recall how well I RP
d it back then (guess I could go look) but I had intended that Andro took half a second to let that fact sink in. I have always wondered if I wasn't careful with the hunt for Seinar, I mean Gallagher, that the DS would be a danger for Andro. Time will tell.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 03:15 AM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth's frustration with not finding anything after so many years of looking could be a potential root for any Dark Side temptations, but really his whole goal for life is essentially based on good deeds and helping the weak and aiding grandmas in crossing the street. He's far from a bad guy.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 03:44 AM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, if Xeth wins out in 'Battlefield', everyone is going to be jealous; that story has the possiiblity of straightforward, untainted victory of good over evil. He'll wonder why everyone else is so gloomy; he's going to have had a great time.

And Galder, you already can. What you cannot do is reverse it.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 12:22 PM
REXXXX
Networking

But he has an open mind and is willing to learn.

Are any of Adelmo's clique seduceable?

My Twitter My Facebook My Tumblr My Wordpress

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:37 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Does he????

Galder- as far as can be ascertained- sees the Force as a weapon, To be fair, the one found on Cassilis wasn't using it to host a party either, but the whole ethos of what the Lady's bunch is doing requires a wrench in the way Galder looks at the Force that I would be surprised if he is suited for. Your training was, after all, minimal, and if it wasn't for Kuylen using halluceionogenics to hype up your emotional reactions you would not be a contender at all (having taken, let's face it, the least Force capable template).

So the way you use the Force is instinctive; being taught a whole new ethos... well, that would be a very different Galder.

There's also a plot issue that causes trouble here. You and her... are not going to get on.

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Aug 21st, 2008 at 01:26 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:42 PM