KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2007

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Christmas Thread 2007
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The base of the skills system is still unchanged so that is remaining pretty much as is. There comes a point where everyone ends up with everything if we follow it too far to the point where everyone has everything that might be useful to your template.

That being the case, the awarded skills are the tactics most likely to be used by a template and if you want to be more multi-talented than that, use xp.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:25 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
No, in fact you will recognise very little of Blade Schticks, I think.

But as to your request to be more of a duellist than a general guy- yup, can do that.
Cool.

Also I would also like to keep my guy as intimidating as before.

Also will the physical and mental stats still be roughly the same?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:26 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Anything on Force Powers?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:27 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

SNEAK PREVIEW!

Blade Schticks are as follows:

GUARDS-

Balanced Guard

Focussed Guard

Forward Guard

Orthodox Guard

(Only one Guard can be used at a time. For EU enthusiasts you may be able to partially map these to the sabre fighting styles)

STANDARD-

Bodyguard (surviving from the old version!)

Block (changed from Force power)

Charge (changed from Force power)

Cleave (changed from Force power- equivalent for CofC)

Perfect Strike (New kid on the block- what Mace Windu killed Jango with)

Reflection (changed from Force power and merged with Ricochet)

Riposte (changed from Force power)

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:33 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Originally posted by Lana
...please tell me that some form of CoC will still exist?

And damn, if Gallador's going to be a better fighter, we won't be able to intimidate him as easily when he's annoying stick out tongue

You bunch of bullies! Still, if Psycho Brigade decides to turn on Gallador/Rand, they are dead.

And I am able to return the bullying in the OT game.

big grin

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:35 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Dak will remain a Corsair. Muahaha.

As for changes, I really can't think of any I want. I'll have the most fun if he remains saber-focused, although I probably need to work on a few skills with XP.

Originally posted by Lord Melkor
You bunch of bullies! Still, if Psycho Brigade decides to turn on Gallador/Rand, they are dead.

Bold-faced lies. The only reason the group exists in its current form is because Rand and Gallador know pissing the Brigade off TOO much will result in very painful, untimely deaths. happy

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:37 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Melkor

Do Blade Schticks still have levels?

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:38 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Nope.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:38 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

SNEAK PREVIEW!

Blade Schticks are as follows:

GUARDS-

Balanced Guard

Focussed Guard

Forward Guard

Orthodox Guard

(Only one Guard can be used at a time. For EU enthusiasts you may be able to partially map these to the sabre fighting styles)

STANDARD-

Bodyguard (surviving from the old version!)

Block (changed from Force power)

Charge (changed from Force power)

Cleave (changed from Force power- equivalent for CofC)

Perfect Strike (New kid on the block- what Mace Windu killed Jango with)

Reflection (changed from Force power and merged with Ricochet)

Riposte (changed from Force power)
Sweet eek!

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 05:53 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Hmmm, has Riposte actually changed at all, or is it simply not a Force Power and instead a blade trick instead?

Because if it's the latter, then Cleave + Riposte = Rianna big grin

And I am able to return the bullying in the OT game.

big grin

Pfffft. You wish. For starters, we outnumber you.

Ah, man, this means we're not Type Cs anymore stick out tongue

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:05 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Hmmm, has Riposte actually changed at all, or is it simply not a Force Power and instead a blade trick instead?

Because if it's the latter, then Cleave + Riposte = Rianna big grin

I'm thinking Cleave, and Perfect Strike as the ones I want the most so far.

Riposte also is looking good.

And we are still united in our craziness and love for stabbing things stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:12 PM
Lord Melkor

Ha, just wait for OT episode without Vader, who unfortunately overshadowed the fact that Commisar is supposed to be scary guy.

Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:13 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, err, Riposte is different, with the same basic idea.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:14 PM
Peach
mordrem

Ha, just wait for OT episode without Vader, who unfortunately overshadowed the fact that Commisar is supposed to be scary guy.

That's the thing with people who only work with you because you pay them...not as easy to intimidate because generally it means you need them more than they need you stick out tongue

Well, err, Riposte is different, with the same basic idea.

Well, so long as it's the same basic idea. I like that power rather a lot, if no one managed to pick that up.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:15 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Yeah because he looked really scary running from the Giantsokan stick out tongue

And Riposte looks like a very good and effective skill to have.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:18 PM
General Kaliero
F = ma, beeyotches.

Yeah, Cleave and Riposte is looking lovely to Dak...

WARNING: The above post may contain sarcasm and/or sophisticated satire. Any psychological damage sustained is purely your fault.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:22 PM
General Kaliero is currently offline Click here to Send General Kaliero a Private Message Find more posts by General Kaliero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Galder is obviously a Corsair.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:38 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bespin Bart
Buggy

Xeth is of course staying a Vigilante. Good to see that it survived conversion.

Will we be maintaining how our skills looked with the last sheet? Vigilantes don't come default as decent Pilots or Heavy Weapons wielders.

THIS IS WHAT WE'VE WAITED FOR
THIS IS IT, BOYS, THIS IS WAR!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 07:45 PM
Bespin Bart is currently offline Click here to Send Bespin Bart a Private Message Find more posts by Bespin Bart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jazzman_78
Jedi

To no one's surprise, ANdro will stay a Swordsman. Although I will miss the craziness from CoC, I did wish he was a more rounded swordsman. I liked his ability to shred large groups quickly, but didn't like the lack of defensive abilities.

'Jedi are at their best when things don't go as planned.' - Anakin Skywalker, whom we now know never met Andro Fenris.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 05:10 PM
Jazzman_78 is currently offline Click here to Send Jazzman_78 a Private Message Find more posts by Jazzman_78 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brit
Duchess

Jelena has been template-orphaned! Oh well. She will be an Adventurer.

Punch your lights out, hit the pavement
That's what I call entertainment
Causing problems makes you famous
All the silence makes a statement

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 05:31 PM
Brit is currently offline Click here to Send Brit a Private Message Find more posts by Brit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote