KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » How many books do you Have?

How many books do you Have?
Started by: coolmovies

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kaleanae

like 40 many of them are ebooks :P

Old Post May 28th, 2008 01:41 AM
Kaleanae is currently offline Click here to Send Kaleanae a Private Message Find more posts by Kaleanae Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AndrewDavis17

I only own few books and most of these books are used during my review. Then I have some business books for business from experts of different industries.

Old Post Apr 3rd, 2010 09:33 AM
AndrewDavis17 is currently offline Click here to Send AndrewDavis17 a Private Message Find more posts by AndrewDavis17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clone
War Goddess

like 5. i had more but i let friends borrow them and they "lose" them so i had like 8 aahahahaha

Old Post May 30th, 2010 06:30 AM
Clone is currently offline Click here to Send Clone a Private Message Find more posts by Clone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AbnormalButSane
Screw up

Probably a little more than 100, but most of them are school books that I am unable to sell back. Terribly expensive and typically useless.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 07:04 PM
AbnormalButSane is currently offline Click here to Send AbnormalButSane a Private Message Find more posts by AbnormalButSane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
That ACDC Chick
All That Noiz

a freakin lot, i really need to count and catalogue them all the way i did with our DVDs a couple years ago

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2010 10:51 PM
That ACDC Chick is currently offline Click here to Send That ACDC Chick a Private Message Find more posts by That ACDC Chick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Probably about 100 here and a couple hundred more at home. I like to look at them, they are very pretty. One day I hope I will learn to read, but that's really secondary to me.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 11:50 AM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

50-60, I donated about 150 a few years back, so poor kids could learn to read and stuff.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 4th, 2010 06:43 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

40ish, spread out over several locations.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2010 06:43 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

A couple of thousand, but that's between my brothers and I (we share a house, and can't remember who bought which books!).

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2010 08:33 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Too much to name!

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2010 02:58 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KurtRussellCrow
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have several hundreds books, but with that many my brother and sister are always borrowing them. I rarely read a book more than once, so after I read it, my whole family follows up.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2010 06:41 PM
KurtRussellCrow is currently offline Click here to Send KurtRussellCrow a Private Message Find more posts by KurtRussellCrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Akainu
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well my dad has a personal library. It's pretty big.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2010 04:49 PM
Akainu is currently offline Click here to Send Akainu a Private Message Find more posts by Akainu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joe Buck

Too many. My wife hates me. I had to box many up. I have to book cases full of stuff in the house. Complete set of Stephen King, Hunter S. Thompson, Bukowski, some books on Chaplin and Orson Welles, a handful of graphic novels...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2010 02:50 AM
Joe Buck is currently offline Click here to Send Joe Buck a Private Message Find more posts by Joe Buck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AfroMan

Less than a dozen, unless you count my dad's books, which I read freely. Then the number gets up into the hundreds.

Old Post Feb 18th, 2011 07:14 AM
AfroMan is currently offline Click here to Send AfroMan a Private Message Find more posts by AfroMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Oodles of books. A lot are at my mom's though sad

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2011 07:21 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

^ Nothing wrong with that.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 02:28 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Blake

I have about 150 books.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 08:24 PM
Doc Blake is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Blake a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Blake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miiih

Let me twist the question to some extend, I'm a new writer. I just finished the 2nd draft of my first novel. I just realized (after another post, and the answers I got) that it seems other writers work on more than one book/novel at a time. I don't know why this didn't really occur to me. I thought it would be better to focus on one project, start to finish. Then move to the next one. But I can see the logic in having 2 books going at once. Like someone said, you can work on a draft of one, after just finishing the draft of the other. Then flip flop, so when you return to a book, it seems more new than doing draft after draft, back to back, of the same book.
My only concern/problem with this is it'll take longer to finish a book, and make it ready to send out.

So I'm curious what other serious writers do, or what you've found works. I'd especially like to hear from published, "successful" writers. smile And/or those of you who make your living on your writing, which is where I'm striving to be.
Thanks!

Old Post Nov 14th, 2011 06:54 AM
miiih is currently offline Click here to Send miiih a Private Message Find more posts by miiih Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

Hundreds. I save every book I've ever had, so my children's books are at my parents' home. at my apartment, I've got two enormous [floor to ceiling] bookshelves, so probably about a little over a hundred here. I buy books a lot, I've never really been psyched about the library thing because the returning part is always hard for me. But anyway, I have more books than can fit on the shelves, so they're in a constant state of flux. I have three more bookshelves at my parents' house, in what is now my dad's office, so a good two hundred there.

So probably four hundred in total, counting ones I used to read over and over and the ones I now read over and over.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2012 06:09 PM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
damsel-distress

Not so many, not just a few, just enough smile

Old Post May 15th, 2012 09:33 AM
damsel-distress is currently offline Click here to Send damsel-distress a Private Message Find more posts by damsel-distress Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote