KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Puppets

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Puppets
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
REXXXX
Networking

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Puppets

Hospice Cruiser, Spiridos

So white are the corridors that it is nearly blinding. Sterilized routinely by heated panels and chemical spray, the hospice vessel floats lazily above the medical center of the universe, Spiridos. Viewscreens allow passengers to view the galaxy about them before the final voyage that no starship can take them on.

He walks in a daze, almost as in a dream, down one of these corridors.

No Jedi apprentice should take this walk. Emotional attachment is forbidden, but the rules have been bent.

The corridor ends. The circular door slides away noiselessly, putting no obstacles between him and the room that he wished he could never enter. But in he goes.

“Tanic Starguard?” the hospice nurse asks.

“Yes, that’s me...”

“You’re just in time. She will see you now.”

No word of thanks passes from his lips. It is too surreal.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

The silence is interrupted by the raspy breath of the Machine. She lays within this pressurized environment, helping her breath her last breaths. She smiles, weakly. Pale, so pale...but still radiantly beautiful.

“Tanic,” she says. It is all she can muster.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

“M-mother. I...came to s-see...you.”

“I...” Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... “...know.”

“I’m sorry, mom. I...shouldn’t have...left...”

“Yes.” Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... “You should...have.”

“But this wouldn’t have happened, I could have been there to help you...”

“You...could...not...” Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... “...have...prevented...this.”

The words are becoming painful to force, but she persists. The computers beep cautiously as the predicted time draws near. She gathers her strength for her departure.

“Tanic,” she gasps. “You will be...a great...Jedi. Kay will...look...after...” Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

But it is too much. The Machine can no longer help. She chooses the next words carefully as she stares up into the pained face.

“I lo...” Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Subject deceased. Prediction incorrect; patient expired five-point-three-oh seconds before predicted time.

He can do nothing but sob as the warmth fades, leaving him cold.

But not alone. She places her hand on his shoulder.

“I am sorry, Padawan.”

Her consolations mean nothing despite her importance. He shrugs her off and grieves.

-

Welcome to “Puppets,” an episode of the new Retrospection games! As an episode of this series, “Puppets” will be a very personal plotline, exploring events involving the player’s character. Going off of Ushgarak’s ever-popular Star Wars role-playing game, these mini-episodes occur in game-play’s past. In this case, it will specifically explore a bizarre turning point for the noble Jedi Knight, Tanic Starguard.

Once a Jedi Knight tightly bound to the Order by duty and to his old Master by friendship, Tanic became a criminal and figure of vengeance against underworld figures that the Republic failed to act against. Then, he fell in with a notorious group of Dark Jedi and committed numerous offenses against the Republic- murder, thievery, vandalism! But what would lead such a dedicated Knight down such a treacherous path? Tanic is merely a shadow of his former self.

The time period is set in 36 BBY- just four years before the Battle of Naboo and the events of The Phantom Menace. Tanic has recently attained his well-deserved knighthood after his long tutorship under Jedi Master Kay Crystal. However, the Council is unwilling to split the dynamic duo due to their excellent teamwork and coordination with one another. They have proved themselves to be extremely talented and useful to the Jedi Order. But perhaps Tanic is not as stable as everyone supposed. Beneath his cool demeanor, darker tendencies lurk...

Remember, Tanic has not yet fallen to the Dark Side and so cannot use any Force powers from the Dark Side tree.

Have fun!

-

At this point, I will need to know which, if any, predictive power the players will be using before the game starts. Once the plotline is in motion, you can’t make use of these abilities. As a reminder, your available predictive powers that you may have taken are:

Dreams. Using this gives you a small chance that the Force will have given you insight into what is to come in the upcoming story, giving you a chance to better react and deal with these events.

Foresight. This is better than Dreams- it represents you actually spending time to navigate the future to deliberately try and get warning of upcoming events. It can give far more clear and comprehensive visions than Dreams.

Instincts. The power of the Living Force gives you no warning about the future at all, but makes you more likely to do things right once you get there. A successful use of Instincts will give you a certain amount of re-rolls to use during the story, which you can use whenever a die roll goes badly to get a better result.

If you have Foresight, forget using Dreams. Foresight is better. The real choice, though, is whether you’re taking the future-predicting abilities of the Cosmic Force or the here and now Living Force.

If you want to, you may reduce your Force rating by one for the story to get +1 on your prediction roll. The Force power Augury also gives a bonus to these rolls. If the upcoming storyline is dramatically relevant to you, you get +4 to that roll, but you will not be told in advance.

If you wish, you may reduce your force rating by one for the story to get +1 on your prediction roll. The Force power Augury also gives a bonus to these rolls. If the upcoming storyline is drastically relevant to you, you get +4 to the roll, but I will not tell you that in advance.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 01:12 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Jedi Temple, Coruscant

It has been many years since she passed, yet she lingers over you like a sweet perfume.

But she was right, Tanic. You have become greater than your expectations could have forseen. After she was gone, you felt that your connection to the Force could not have been weaker.

Until Master Kay stepped in. She proved you entirely wrong and showed you just how much potential you held. Her tutorship, you are sure, is the only way you could have passed the Jedi Trials. Which you did, with flying colors.

Tanic Starguard, Jedi Knight. You never thought you could use those words in a sentence like that, but hah! Marvelous!

You are currently on the steps of the Jedi Temple, looking out over the endless span of Coruscant's city. It is dawn and the sun casts fresh orange and pink hues over the skyscrapers. Even at this hour, the sunrise is interrupted by traffic, but you don't mind.

After awhile, someone approaches you from behind.

Old Post Dec 26th, 2007 01:19 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Tanic waits another moment, drawing in the vista, then turns.
"Good morning."

(Kay was meant to be a guy, but that's not important. stick out tongue)

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 04:07 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

(Really? Geez, that's quite a blunder on my part...but hey, it's not important, all's well!)

"Good morning, Tanic," Master Kay says, seating herself beside you. It has been awhile since she has called you Padawan, but sometimes you think she's going to say it when she catches herself. "How did you sleep?"

Old Post Dec 28th, 2007 05:10 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"Well, for the time I spent in bed," he replies, "I thought I would wake early to catch the sunrise, but decided to go through some lightsabre routines before sleeping. All in all, I didn't get much rest. How was your night?"

Old Post Dec 29th, 2007 03:02 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Not bad," she replies, simply.

She sits an observes the sunrise with you for a moment.

"Trorn told me that the Council may have a mission for us, my friend."

Trorn is the representative of the Council and organizes most of their meetings with the thousands of Knights in the Order.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2007 02:20 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"We're going off-planet?" Tanic is more interested, "What's the mission?"

(BTW, using Foresight - that's better than Dreams, isn't it?)

Last edited by Trickster on Dec 31st, 2007 at 04:08 PM

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 04:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Much better than Dreams. If you have Foresight, using Dreams is pointless.

"I do not know," Kay replies. "I have not been to see the Council yet. But yes, this one is off-world."

Old Post Dec 31st, 2007 09:06 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"Ah, how exciting. When do we see the council, then?"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 04:10 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"At some point today, I suspect," Kay replies. "Will you be ready to leave by tomorrow?"

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2008 09:03 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"Shall I pack my things now? It'll only take a matter of moments," Tanic says, "Or do you want to see the Council first?"

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 02:55 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Go ahead and pack," she says. "The Council will request us when they are ready."

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:21 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Tanic returns to his room, gathering together the few changes of clothes he has, along with a number of small gadgets and holofilm disks.

With hi bag packed, he wanders over to the bed, and picks up a picture there, one of the only real memories he has of being with his mother. Sighing, he puts it back down, to await his return, and adjusts the small silver ring on his little finger, given to him by his mother before she died.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 04:41 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Anything specifically important amongst those small gadgets? I assume your comlink, a glowrod, synthrope, an aquata breather mask, and an Imagecaster holoprojector. Anything else?

Does Tanic use his twinned blaster pistols at this point in time?

Last edited by REXXXX on Jan 7th, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 06:36 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Yes, I've got the pistols. Nothing else specific: Tanic's just a normal jedi knight (plus he's not a real techy or anything).

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 04:08 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Fair enough.

Later in the day, your comlink beeps.

"Hello, Tanic," greets Trorn, the representative of the Jedi Council. "I hope you're doing well, my friend. No time for idle chatter, I'm afraid. The Jedi Council requests your presence as soon as you can manage."

Kay meets you on the way to the Council Chambers, stepping into the elevator with you before it begins its rapid ascent, up through the central tower of the Temple.

"Excited?" Kay asks.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 11:13 PM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

"More than I can say. Do you think our mission will be hard?"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:29 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Difficult to say," Kay says, smiling, "without knowing what the mission is. Don't you agree?"

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 05:10 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Tanic nods his head in agreement, a little embarrassed by his unnecessary eagerness to meet with the Council.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 02:55 PM
REXXXX
Networking

After the lift arrives, Trorn greets you from his desk.

"You may see the Council now," he chimes, dutifully, then returns to his work as the great doors slide open, giving you access to the Council Chambers.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 02:26 AM