KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Wonder Woman

Superman vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: Child Rebel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (155): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Wait. How do you know he's not lying? Where you his date?
If you're going to asked me a question, and then fail to acknowledge the answer you don't want, then don't ask it.

Reported.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:01 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
I love your smartass personality. smile It makes you look like the coolest person evah! Say something quirky and slightly witty, a there
That's all I read.

Thank you. smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:02 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
If you're going to asked me a question, and then fail to acknowledge the answer you don't want, then don't ask it.

Reported.

The questions where rethorical.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:06 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
That's all I read.

Thank you. smile
Your welcome sir. smile Now don't ever try to accuse me of something like that again, unless you can actually prove it, mmkay?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:22 AM
Hazsekswthurmom is currently offline Click here to Send Hazsekswthurmom a Private Message Find more posts by Hazsekswthurmom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Your welcome sir. smile Now don't ever try to accuse me of something like that again, unless you can actually prove it, mmkay?

Hypocrite. sad

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:25 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

Stop trolling guys...

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:25 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

Originally posted by Larceny
Hypocrite. sad
SoRries S1r i"LL letz youz get bak to ur trolling.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:27 AM
Hazsekswthurmom is currently offline Click here to Send Hazsekswthurmom a Private Message Find more posts by Hazsekswthurmom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
Stop trolling guys...

It's new years, chill out.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:28 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's new years, chill out.
Fvck me.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:30 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Fvck me.

What's that?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:31 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's that?
I'll skin your face off with a rusty cheesegrater.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:33 AM
Child Rebel
Blackout

I'll skin your face off with a rusty cheesegrater.

How exactly would that work?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:35 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

How exactly would that work?
The same way you work that ass towards me at the club.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:39 AM
Child Rebel
Blackout

The same way you work that ass towards me at the club.

How exactly do you work your ass?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:43 AM
Hazsekswthurmom
African nipple cobra

Put it through labour, force it to make monuments in your likeness and don't give it a lemonade break.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 03:47 AM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Clench. Unclench.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 04:03 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

It's a job for Superman!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 08:15 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupremeMan

Hmm, a new person might get the crazy idea there are some long standing feuds here.

Wonder Woman would loses side confused Wonder Woman would win side.

I think we all know that when two heroes fight each other, their power levels tend to bend towards the middle to make for a more exciting fight. But even then, WW vs. Superman was like a corvette trying to fight a tank, like a handheld hammer trying to fight a wrecking ball, like any other metaphors you can think of (and Supes is the wrecking ball and the tank in case there's any doubt).

When they have directly fought each other, it seemed a decent fight because nobody wants to see a Mike Tyson one punch KO. But then again, Black Adam fought Hawkman and it actually lasted longer than a nano-second. I rest my case. Fights between heroes do not reflect their feats and standard power levels.

I do think she is (forgive me, I'm new) fast and skilled enough to drag it out but the result is inevitable.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:01 PM
SupremeMan is currently offline Click here to Send SupremeMan a Private Message Find more posts by SupremeMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SupremeMan
Hmm, a new person might get the crazy idea there are some long standing feuds here.

Wonder Woman would loses side confused Wonder Woman would win side.

I think we all know that when two heroes fight each other, their power levels tend to bend towards the middle to make for a more exciting fight. But even then, WW vs. Superman was like a corvette trying to fight a tank, like a handheld hammer trying to fight a wrecking ball, like any other metaphors you can think of (and Supes is the wrecking ball and the tank in case there's any doubt).

When they have directly fought each other, it seemed a decent fight because nobody wants to see a Mike Tyson one punch KO. But then again, Black Adam fought Hawkman and it actually lasted longer than a nano-second. I rest my case. Fights between heroes do not reflect their feats and standard power levels.

I do think she is (forgive me, I'm new) fast and skilled enough to drag it out but the result is inevitable.

So then exactly would Wonder Woman fall since you think she's so far below superman? She's been hit by zoom and actually beat him. She's beaten White martians, etrigan ( who knocked superman from the earth to the moon), Gods, etc. She has strength feats like helping tow the earth, Holding up half of the Spectre's unconcious form, and she's taken lumps from Oblivion who knocked superman out. She's also embarrassed Supergirl, who has a list of impressive feats. WW has knocked out the indestructible classic Captain Atom. So where does she fit? OH and she gave Hermes a hell of a fight. The same god who was able to fight mercury and Flash at the same time.

Last edited by nvrbeenwthagirl on Jan 1st, 2008 at 09:12 PM

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:06 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupremeMan

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
So then exactly would Wonder Woman fall since you think she's so far below superman? She's been hit by zoom and actually beat him. She's beaten White martians, etrigan ( who knocked superman from the earth to the moon), Gods, etc. She has strength feats like helping tow the earth, Holding up half of the Spectre's unconcious form, and she's taken lumps from Oblivion who knocked superman out. She's also embarrassed Supergirl, who has a list of impressive feats. WW has knocked out the indestructible classic Captain Atom. So where does she fit? OH and she gave Hermes a hell of a fight. The same god who was able to fight mercury and Flash at the same time.

Arguing is fun but I believe what it really comes down to is who is writing the characters at the time and the power level the writer wants them to be on or needs them to be on for that particular story. Then readers will selectively invoke whatever examples support what they want to believe. So if someone wants Superman to win, they'll be more likely to invoke examples where WW doesn't seem nearly on his level. if they prefer that WW wins, they'll invoke examples where she seems about on the same level as him.

Also, in all these fights, Supes vs. WW, WW vs. white martians or gods, etc., I'd have to have read all of them myself. Without that, I can't know the nuances of what really happened in each fight and what the circumstances were that helped one or the other win. We can only go by what we've read. Using "Sacrifice" as my main example of a fight between them, I'd say she can delay him but ultimately he's going to win.

I feel DC keeps saying she is his equal in power or near enough but they talk the talk more than actually showing her that way. She's definitely up there among the heavy hitters but not Superman level. And I say this as a WW fanboy that has collected her comic more consistently than most comics.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:21 PM
SupremeMan is currently offline Click here to Send SupremeMan a Private Message Find more posts by SupremeMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote