KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs. Wonder Woman

Superman vs. Wonder Woman
Started by: Child Rebel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (155): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SupremeMan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
So then exactly would Wonder Woman fall since you think she's so far below superman? She's been hit by zoom and actually beat him. She's beaten White martians, etrigan ( who knocked superman from the earth to the moon), Gods, etc. She has strength feats like helping tow the earth, Holding up half of the Spectre's unconcious form, and she's taken lumps from Oblivion who knocked superman out. She's also embarrassed Supergirl, who has a list of impressive feats. WW has knocked out the indestructible classic Captain Atom. So where does she fit? OH and she gave Hermes a hell of a fight. The same god who was able to fight mercury and Flash at the same time.

That kind of illustrates one of my points, by the way. Wonder Woman has taken out Supergirl but Supergirl in her own comic was played as more powerful (stronger, faster, tougher) than Superman but Superman is played as stronger and tougher to damage than WW. Do you see the circle here? Power levels are not consistent.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:24 PM
SupremeMan is currently offline Click here to Send SupremeMan a Private Message Find more posts by SupremeMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by SupremeMan
Arguing is fun but I believe what it really comes down to is who is writing the characters at the time and the power level the writer wants them to be on or needs them to be on for that particular story. Then readers will selectively invoke whatever examples support what they want to believe. So if someone wants Superman to win, they'll be more likely to invoke examples where WW doesn't seem nearly on his level. if they prefer that WW wins, they'll invoke examples where she seems about on the same level as him.

Also, in all these fights, Supes vs. WW, WW vs. white martians or gods, etc., I'd have to have read all of them myself. Without that, I can't know the nuances of what really happened in each fight and what the circumstances were that helped one or the other win. We can only go by what we've read. Using "Sacrifice" as my main example of a fight between them, I'd say she can delay him but ultimately he's going to win.

I feel DC keeps saying she is his equal in power or near enough but they talk the talk more than actually showing her that way. She's definitely up there among the heavy hitters but not Superman level. And I say this as a WW fanboy that has collected her comic more consistently than most comics.

Reread The Sacrifice. Superman had a Sun amp. He also was stricken with greif and thought he was fighting his wife's killer. WW was said on panel to be holding back. IT puts everything into perspective when you realize Superman was amped and enraged and she was holding back and fighting with a cool head holding back.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:25 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Reread The Sacrifice. Superman had a Sun amp. He also was stricken with greif and thought he was fighting his wife's killer. WW was said on panel to be holding back. IT puts everything into perspective when you realize Superman was amped and enraged and she was holding back and fighting with a cool head holding back.
WW was indeed holding back but you could also see that she couldnt take anymore damage and was getting her ass kicked. Her durability isnt up to par with Supermans.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:48 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

WW loses 8-9/10

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:49 PM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

I agree that Superman wins (even though I hate to here).
But somewhere around 6-7/10 (certainly not 8-9/10).
Supes better make no mistake though.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:55 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SupremeMan

Originally posted by quanchi112
WW was indeed holding back but you could also see that she couldnt take anymore damage and was getting her ass kicked. Her durability isnt up to par with Supermans.

Was he sun amped when he broke her wrist? I don't remember and, for me, that's a critical point. If he did that without being sun-amped, it puts him on a considerably greater power level.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 09:56 PM
SupremeMan is currently offline Click here to Send SupremeMan a Private Message Find more posts by SupremeMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was he sun amped when he broke her wrist? I don't remember and, for me, that's a critical point. If he did that without being sun-amped, it puts him on a considerably greater power level.

Youdon't have to be stronger than someone to break thier wrist. You only have to have leverage. As a matter of fact, I could break someone's wrist twice as strong as me. And the sun amped last for a while.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 10:02 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Superman wins 8-9/10

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 10:14 PM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look at the fight this way too. WW Took a punch from Superman in a sun amped state that was able to knock her fromt he sun to the earth in less than a minute. Hell faster than that. She was going far faster than light. That is an uber durable *****. Then she enters the earth's atmosphere and didn't burn up. Sometimes you have to look at every detail in order to show the feats of the person your arguing for. Also, WW was able to make Sun amped Superman howl in pain and bleed. She was able to escape his enhanced senses where he couldn't sense her. She also cracked his ribs or something like that. Plus, really, she could have killed him or taken his hands off early on in the battle if she was in blood lust mode hereself.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 10:18 PM
SupremeMan

Look at the fight this way too. WW Took a punch from Superman in a sun amped state that was able to knock her fromt he sun to the earth in less than a minute. Hell faster than that. She was going far faster than light. That is an uber durable *****. Then she enters the earth's atmosphere and didn't burn up. Sometimes you have to look at every detail in order to show the feats of the person your arguing for. Also, WW was able to make Sun amped Superman howl in pain and bleed. She was able to escape his enhanced senses where he couldn't sense her. She also cracked his ribs or something like that. Plus, really, she could have killed him or taken his hands off early on in the battle if she was in blood lust mode hereself.

In that case, I'll have to fall back on each person invokes feats based on who they prefer to believe would win the fight. In general, people do seem to prefer to believe WW would lose against BA and/ or that she's not up there with characters like Superman, BA, Captain Marvel, Martian Manhunter, etc.

I wonder if most people perceive Captain Marvel, Cap Jr. and Mary as being equally powerful in their 'classic' concepts where they all equally shared the same power?

Old Post Jan 1st, 2008 10:25 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Hazsekswthurmom
Your welcome sir. smile Now don't ever try to accuse me of something like that again, unless you can actually prove it, mmkay?
I have no idea what you're talking about.

All I know is, that you bash Quanchi, and now you're telling people not to bash nvr...
And quite frankly, I haven't seen Quan bash, or do a quarter of the offensive shit as I've seen nvr do.

Hypocritical to say the least.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 02:15 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
I have no idea what you're talking about.

All I know is, that you bash Quanchi, and now you're telling people not to bash nvr...
And quite frankly, I haven't seen Quan bash, or do a quarter of the offensive shit as I've seen nvr do.

Hypocritical to say the least.

And I haven't seen nearly the assholes and bullshit tactics that people have pulled on me since I've been on here, being done to quan. Everything has context. I have much reason to be a b itch. And more every day as you and your buddies and others provide the fuel.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 02:18 AM
Child Rebel
Blackout

And I haven't seen nearly the assholes and bullshit tactics that people have pulled on me since I've been on here, being done to quan. Everything has context. I have much reason to be a b itch. And more every day as you and your buddies and others provide the fuel.

You never told us who the Elitist group was. I wouldn't wanna be grouped with them!

I think you should change your name to Alwaysbenwitaman.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 02:21 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Skimmed over it... didn't get the point. Not going to read it though.

Sure I could report you though...

Reported.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Jan 2nd, 2008 at 02:29 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 02:26 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

nvr...
erm

PYRON WOULD WIPE THE FLOOR WITH STORM LULZ!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 03:33 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Superman, obviously.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 03:45 AM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
erm
It was supposed to go together, as I've seen Quan bash... but not nearly as much as nvr.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 04:12 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

It was supposed to go together, as I've seen Quan bash... but not nearly as much as nvr.
You are right...but he trolls a hell of a lot more...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 04:15 AM
Violent2Dope is currently offline Click here to Send Violent2Dope a Private Message Find more posts by Violent2Dope Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Violent2Dope
You are right...but he trolls a hell of a lot more...
The meaning of trolling is thrown around loosely...
And quite frankly, Quan is no troll. erm

He just doesn't like the "hype" Darkseid gets on the forum, and he feels it necessary to argue it at every turn. Sure it's annoying as f*ck, but that doesn't constitute as trolling.

The only time I've seen him "troll" is after someone else has. Whether it's about him or his opposition. Most times, he just wants to argue his point. People don't like that, so they call it trolling.

You can call him stupid, bias, etc, but he is far from a troll, nor does he troll that much at all.

erm

IMO.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 04:22 AM
Violent2Dope
Restricted

Account Restricted

The meaning of trolling is thrown around loosely...
And quite frankly, Quan is no troll. erm

He just doesn't like the "hype" Darkseid gets on the forum, and he feels it necessary to argue it at every turn. Sure it's annoying as f*ck, but that doesn't constitute as trolling.

The only time I've seen him "troll" is after someone else has. Whether it's about him or his opposition. Most times, he just wants to argue his point. People don't like that, so they call it trolling.

You can call him stupid, bias, etc, but he is far from a troll, nor does he troll that much at all.

erm

IMO.
There is a difference between trolling and being a troll. I have seen Quan come into threads for the sheer purpose of calling DS a pussy and saying he got bloodied by a kick from Batgod, that kinda shit.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2008 04:33 AM