KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch
Started by: Newjak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Bollocks!
Who cares if he didn't even know he was about to be in a fistfight? whistle

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 06:46 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say the better question would be which character has the most over all power. If one could drain each character and use thier max power to say power up a machine, then I'd go with Superman. He absorbed the power of maggeddon. His heat vision powered the engines of war world. Surfers powers are concentrated really in his blast, while Superman's are spread out. In power out put, Superman has the better record. Tho On paper they would seem Dead Even.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 06:49 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nimbus006
Accuser

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
I'd say the better question would be which character has the most over all power. If one could drain each character and use thier max power to say power up a machine, then I'd go with Superman. He absorbed the power of maggeddon. His heat vision powered the engines of war world. Surfers powers are concentrated really in his blast, while Superman's are spread out. In power out put, Superman has the better record. Tho On paper they would seem Dead Even.

But you could also say Superman derives his power from the Sun while Surfer can absorb and use anything in the Universe that realeases energy for power.

By: Juk

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:11 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Superman has also absorbed electricity to power himself up.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:14 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by nimbus006
But you could also say Superman derives his power from the Sun while Surfer can absorb and use anything in the Universe that realeases energy for power.

NO. Surfer absorbs the power cosmic. HE tried to absorb a sun and went mad. he couldn't absorb magic. He can't absorb the power primordal or he would have done so against the runner.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:16 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

It's tough to say though, Superman doesn't directly convert sun into energy, though it is his primary known source. The truth of it is, the sun can't supply enough energy to do the things Superman does. A second of sunlight can bring Clark from powerless to moon smashing badass in the time in takes to illuminate his body. However, a few rays of sun can barely power a calculator.

It also has been hinted that Superman draws energy from all around, and at other times, that he draws upon an infinite well of power to accomplish whatever he may need to. Literally whatever he sets his mind to do.

We've also seen him draw and absorb other energy sources on panel.

Last edited by Juntai on Jan 4th, 2008 at 07:18 PM

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:16 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

NO. Surfer absorbs the power cosmic. HE tried to absorb a sun and went mad. he couldn't absorb magic. He can't absorb the power primordal or he would have done so against the runner.
True. He tried to absorb a star once and couldn't. It was too much for him.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:17 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Juntai
True. He tried to absorb a star once and couldn't. It was too much for him.
While we've seen Superman kill a being that ate stars for Kicks. Makes you wonder.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:20 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

He went mad b/c he tried to absorb the entire sun at once. Superman couldnt do that either. Surfer can still DRAW energy from ALMOST anything in the cosmos is what i meant to say.

And he CAN absorb the power primordal, he did it against that uni something creature IIRC.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:22 PM
nimbus006 is currently offline Click here to Send nimbus006 a Private Message Find more posts by nimbus006 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Re: Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

Originally posted by Newjak
(Yes even an amped Silver Surfer would still be weaker than Superman)

An amped up Surfer is certainly stronger than Superman lol.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:31 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

Originally posted by Madvillain

No.

batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by batdude123
A completely depowered Superman absorbs electricity to restore his strength.

http://img256.imageshack.us/my.php?...electricbr0.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?...electricoh5.jpg
http://img207.imageshack.us/my.php?...electriciw2.jpg

thumb up

batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

Originally posted by Madvillain
I'm pretty sure he was speaking physically, given the context. If you're voting in favor of Surfer in that regard, I'll require a slew of proof.
Grab your scans of Surfer in hand to hand combat, and I'll gladly consider them up against Superman.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:32 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by batdude123
thumb up
Good shit bro.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:33 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

My mistake, i thought Supes only absorbed energy from a Yellow Sun for purposes of increasing power. big grin

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:36 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

My mistake, i thought Supes only absorbed energy from a Yellow Sun for purposes of increasing power. big grin
No problem.
cool

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:37 PM
nimbus006
Accuser

Re: Re: Re: Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

I'm pretty sure he was speaking physically, given the context. If you're voting in favor of Surfer in that regard, I'll require a slew of proof.
Grab your scans of Surfer in hand to hand combat, and I'll gladly consider them up against Superman.

I wouldn't even think of saying that Surfer is physically superior to Superman in any context.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:38 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Re: Re: Re: Re: Silver Surfer's Blast vs Superman's punch

I wouldn't even think of saying that Surfer is physically superior to Superman in any context.
That wasn't to you, but glad to know you feel the same.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:43 PM
Child Rebel
Blackout

Funny, Thor can effectively do both. big grin

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 07:58 PM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Larceny
Funny, Thor can effectively do both. big grin
Do what?

Old Post Jan 4th, 2008 08:00 PM