KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Petition for a movie versus and movie respect thread

Petition for a movie versus and movie respect thread
Started by: Snafu the Great

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

The CVF is very popular. The SWV is iffy but we get around to debating there too. I think there fun. I honestly joined this site because of the Comic Book Versus Forum.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 01:36 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

So far, not too many people have exactly shown me a lot of good reasons/interest for said petitoned forums.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 02:38 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BakaXero
Ok... I'm starting to give into that vs everything forum, then merge all the existing vs forums into that area, they could be sub-forums, and place it in a deep dark corner somewhere away from everything else. It'll be messy, but at least it'll be contained into one area.
I'm not a fan of the vs forums mainly cause i feel they a kinda reached the point of pointlessness.
Thats because your not a fan.

When people judge its stupid when they don't actually take part.

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup
Thanks for the sig Passione.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:16 PM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Impediment
So far, not too many people have exactly shown me a lot of good reasons/interest for said petitoned forums.
Probably because not alot of people come down to this particular forum(News & Questions). I bet if you kept it in the Movie Forums it would get some results.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:19 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Darth Martin
Probably because not alot of people come down to this particular forum(News & Questions). I bet if you kept it in the Movie Forums it would get some results.

I doubt it. Anyway, if you petition a new forum, you have to do it here, which is why it was moved.

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:13 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

i'm a no for this idea but then i rarely venture into the "vs" forums because i find them utterly banal and pointless...this wouldn't be so bad if some of the heated arguments that stem from these threads didn't spill over into the rest of the forum into genuinely good debate threads....but inevitabley they do and everyone suffers cause of it

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:36 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nod

you ever consider that people dont take part because they realise the futility of the arguments....especially when watching from the sidelines you see how worked up people get over some of the points raised

not to mention the fear of getting virtually raped by obsessive fan boys if you happen to get some minor point wrong

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 09:40 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

I think it would be really cool to have a movie versus forum. There's so many movie characters that I can think of I would like to put in here, but can't. I mean, we got a Star Wars one, so I mean, why not a movie versus? It would also slow alot of confusion within the comic versus with all the mods having to fish out and delete threads that dont belong. It would be alot of fun I think too. I'm all for it.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 01:09 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nod
When they don't they breed scum. AkA chillmeistergen.

What?

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 01:31 AM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
What?
You heard me. no expression

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 03:38 AM
Nod is currently offline Click here to Send Nod a Private Message Find more posts by Nod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Stop flame baiting, Nod. Understood?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 04:18 AM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Originally posted by Nod

I know how the idea can be good at first, but after a while they go from meaningful to outrageously pointless.
I'm all for comparisons, but only when there's a reason why. Plotting two characters against each other on the other hand. Yeah not too big of a fan since i don't like mixing genres. Never really been my cup of tea.

It's because we find it stupid that we don't want to take part. You can understand what is going on by browsing through them without having to take part.

Last edited by BakaXero on Jan 7th, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 10:04 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Impediment
Stop flame baiting, Nod. Understood?
So he can say the vs breed scum? No matter who hes talking about thats just plain rude.

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup

Last edited by Nod on Jan 7th, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 11:06 AM
Nod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BakaXero
I know how the idea can be good at first, but after a while they go from meaningful to outrageously pointless.
I'm all for comparisons, but only when there's a reason why. Plotting two characters against each other on the other hand. Yeah not too big of a fan since i don't like mixing genres. Never really been my cup of tea.

It's because we find it stupid that we don't want to take part. You can understand what is going on by browsing through them without having to take part.
But other people don't find them pointless like me.

A vs everything would be stupid as hell know.

XXX Rated 2girls 1 cup

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 11:08 AM
Darth Martin

That's six so far in favor. smile

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 11:43 AM
Bardock42

Originally posted by Nod
But other people don't find them pointless like me.

A vs everything would be stupid as hell know.
UGH.

There's a ****ing difference between know and now. It's a huge ****ing difference, too.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 12:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Nod
So he can say the vs breed scum? No matter who hes talking about thats just plain rude.

What he said may have been a rather odd generalization, but he did not specify you. Let's keep it civil, kthx. thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 09:57 PM
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nod

They do, and the content is absolutely inane, the people are debating about which fictional characters would win a fight against other fictional characters. Forgive me, but I do not want to privy to a virtual game of Top Trumps.

As I believe someone else already said, I wouldn't mind if the debating was kept within the specified forums. But, when there's a debate concerning something like fossil fuels, I do not want more of these people coming in and exclaiming things like - 'this reminds me of that time I owned you, in the Spiderman vs Wolverine thread'

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 10:22 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

So Imedient just how many supporters do you want?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 10:25 PM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

Who's Imedient?

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 10:31 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote