KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

What do you think?
This poll is closed.
I like Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and they should keep her. 7 16.67%
I hat Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and should get someone else. 18 42.86%
I could really care less. 8 19.05%
Don't make another Superman movie. 9 21.43%
Total: 42 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Martin

The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

I hate the fact that Lois Lane is married and has moved on, that's lame. Kent and Lane are supposed to be together. And I always thought Lane was supposed to be thick and have a body. Bosworth is skinny and shockingly frail. There's nothing making me say hey, that woman's fine or something like that. What do ya'll think?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 05:47 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ankur29
ankur

Re: The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Martin
I hate the fact that Lois Lane is married and has moved on, that's lame. Kent and Lane are supposed to be together. And I always thought Lane was supposed to be thick and have a body. Bosworth is skinny and shockingly frail. There's nothing making me say hey, that woman's fine or something like that. What do ya'll think?

to be honest i have hated most of the comics book chicks in movies so far but the new betty ross shoudl be good for teh role in the new hulk ... however kate bosworth & kirsten dunst are not really good looking or hot at all they both need more curves & a better rack , get some meat stop dieting like kate moss...... mad ...

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 08:57 PM
ankur29 is currently offline Click here to Send ankur29 a Private Message Find more posts by ankur29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Thank you. Does anyone else think anything of this?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 09:36 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

The Movie was good, but I also hate the fact that Lois f*cks with another man. I also dislike the fact that Supermans child killed, or that Superman himself killed.... except of this it was nice.

Jeniffer Conelly rocks!! wink

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 5th, 2008 11:30 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The Movie was good, but I also hate the fact that Lois f*cks with another man. I also dislike the fact that Supermans child killed, or that Superman himself killed.... except of this it was nice.

Jeniffer Conelly rocks!! wink
Connelly isn't in the movie is she? confused

Old Post Jan 6th, 2008 08:51 PM
MattDay

she isnt married to richard, just tried to move on from supermans disappearance

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 10:49 AM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Connelly isn't in the movie is she? confused

No, it was just an comment for ankur29, about the comic film chicks, he said he hated most of those girls wink.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 01:20 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by MattDay
she isnt married to richard, just tried to move on from supermans disappearance
She oughta be married to him. That's lame, it's supposed to be Clark and Lois. Not Lois and some nobody. Overall, I don't think this movie sucks as bad as people make it out to be.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 09:07 PM
roughrider
Thunderer

Re: The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

I think you need to read more comics and know some history.
Just as Superman's costume in the film was an amalgam of different versions of history, so too was the appearance of Lois - she reminded me most of the Lois you would see drawn in the 1940's comics.

And the theme of film is about how necessary Superman is to the world, and how the world seemed to move on after he left Earth for five years. That extended to Lois eventually settling down with someone else (engaged, not married), but she only moved on intellectually, not emotionally. This was paralleled by Superman's need to understand if he truly had a place among humans (and with Lois), or whether his true purpose forces him to stay above them all as a protector.
They left themselves room to explore this more in coming films, if they happen.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 09:44 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

True I just think that someone who has more of a body should play Lois. erm

Old Post Jan 7th, 2008 10:13 PM
super pr*xy

i absolutely hated kate bosworth as lois lane. there are a lot of better choices than her.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2008 08:00 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

heck ive seen recent pics of her, she's started to read my letters and fill out alot now, more curvier... she was too skinney before, u dont need supermans strength to lift her up.

returns was well recieved... rotten tomatoes rates it higher than spiderman 3, and is one of the best of the most recent superhero films, only batman & spiderman have done better from recent films.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2008 08:47 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Davehead
BEWY!

Most of the movie was alright. Kevin Spacey is a great actor. However, what's with the kid? Lois doesn't have a kid, and neither does Superman. What's the point of them having a kid? It's just dumb. That's not what I hated about the movie, though. The thing that got me the most was the stupid shots of Kal Penn. Yes, we get it, he's a henchman. Can we move on now? Plus, he didn't have a single line in the movie, he was just in it so they could say, "Look, it has Kal Penn. This has got to be a good movie then, right?" I think I was the only one who didn't like that, though. The part where Superman lands in the blink of an eye was cool.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 04:54 AM
Davehead is currently offline Click here to Send Davehead a Private Message Find more posts by Davehead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I hated the fact that the film was essentially a remake of the first superman movie

I think they should have just made cyclops superman rather than the boyfriend whom gets the shaft. Cyclops just cant get the pussy, first he gets shafted by wolverine, now superman

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 08:37 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

lol @ ragesremorse, he puts it on himself really,

well he did have a line he just practically doesn't say much at all,

well singer and the writers did borrow from the best superman movies, 1 and 2 by linking it with the second because they had sex when he was temporarily affected by red sun radiation so he could have sex with her without killing her, then of course according to returns after he beat zod he went in search of krpyton leaving lois up the duff and with no man in her life... many women can sympathize with that lol

Old Post Jan 10th, 2008 06:55 PM
Darth Martin

They just have to do something about it.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 01:00 AM
MattDay

not suggesting killing the kid are you?

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 10:52 AM
Darth Martin

What's the point of the kid? That's another thing!

Old Post Jan 20th, 2008 09:49 PM
MattDay

meh, like all things in life, you can't always get what u want

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2008 03:06 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I also dislike the fact that Supermans child killed, or that Superman himself killed...
Supes killed somebody? All I remember him doing was picking up heavy things. That's why the movie sucked. If I wanted to see that type of shit I'd watch a strongman competition. Singer should have gotten off of Donner's nut's and started fresh also.

Last edited by I-Drop on Feb 12th, 2008 at 05:34 PM

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 05:32 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote