KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

What do you think?
This poll is closed.
I like Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and they should keep her. 7 16.67%
I hat Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and should get someone else. 18 42.86%
I could really care less. 8 19.05%
Don't make another Superman movie. 9 21.43%
Total: 42 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by brainchild81
Singer should have gotten off of Donner's nut's and started fresh also.

co-signed.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 09:04 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by brainchild81
Supes killed somebody? All I remember him doing was picking up heavy things. That's why the movie sucked. If I wanted to see that type of shit I'd watch a strongman competition. Singer should have gotten off of Donner's nut's and started fresh also.

laughing out loud laughing

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2008 07:44 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

bryan singer sucks as a director

kate bosworth sucks as lois

lex luthor sucks as a villain

brandon routh sucks as an actor

superman returns sucks as a plot

that sums up my feelings on Superman Returns

(I liked a few scenes from the movie though, but it could've been so much better)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Apr 7th, 2008 07:35 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by Master-Borg
bryan singer sucks as a director

kate bosworth sucks as lois

lex luthor sucks as a villain

brandon routh sucks as an actor

superman returns sucks as a plot

that sums up my feelings on Superman Returns

(I liked a few scenes from the movie though, but it could've been so much better)
you forgot superman sucks in anything besides his cartoon appearances.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 07:09 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by psycho gundam
you forgot superman sucks in anything besides his cartoon appearances.

because you are SUCH a good judge of superman... [/sarcasm]

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied – chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:39 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thanks

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 03:43 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Re: The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

Originally posted by Darth Martin
I hate the fact that Lois Lane is married and has moved on, that's lame. Kent and Lane are supposed to be together. And I always thought Lane was supposed to be thick and have a body. Bosworth is skinny and shockingly frail. There's nothing making me say hey, that woman's fine or something like that. What do ya'll think?

Must admit i dont think kate played a good lois she was to weak and frail. Spacey played a great lex and brandon did the best he could to portray supes. This superman was less like the comic books and more like real life........What if superman was real? I would like to see the next supes movie follow the marvel path and be true to the comics and id like to see more action. All in all superman returns was very good considering. Most people that didnt like it went into the movie excpecting the greatest superman movie of all time. Theses same people get disappointed time and time and time and time and time again.

Go into any movie with lower excpectations and you will find yourself prolly likeing it a bit more then ya think =)

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 05:32 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Re: Re: The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

Originally posted by ankur29
to be honest i have hated most of the comics book chicks in movies so far but the new betty ross shoudl be good for teh role in the new hulk ... however kate bosworth & kirsten dunst are not really good looking or hot at all they both need more curves & a better rack , get some meat stop dieting like kate moss...... mad ...

Ya dunst needs more in the breast department and she has no curves WTF are you talking about. Kate was horrible as lois but dunst played a great girlfriend for peter parker. And in all honesty id rather have a better actor with smaller breasts then a 44dd dumb chick that cant read the lines.

Last edited by zeel on Apr 26th, 2008 at 05:40 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 05:36 PM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

hey what ya guys think bout drew barrymore as lois lane?

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 05:37 PM
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by zeel

Garbage.

Made by DW

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 06:03 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by zeel

(please log in to view the image)

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2008 08:07 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Supreme Snoke

Hopefully the next movie is 3 times as good as this crapfest. The needed more action and a climactic fight at the end. Not Lex's goons trashing Superman without his personal retaliation.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2008 05:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

They shoulda gotten Katie Price (Jordan) to play Lois Lane because then when they were trapped in the ship and sinking they could used her boobs as a floatation device

Old Post Apr 28th, 2008 03:00 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I hate the fact that Lois Lane is married and has moved on, that's lame. Kent and Lane are supposed to be together. And I always thought Lane was supposed to be thick and have a body. Bosworth is skinny and shockingly frail. There's nothing making me say hey, that woman's fine or something like that. What do ya'll think?

I totally agree with everything you say.I wish they had just left superman alone and didnt make this movie.it was totally unnessary<its not like the case of batman where it WAS absolutely neccessary to reboot that franchise since all the others before it sucked and were a disgrace to the comics,superman and superman 2 got to be the best comicbook movies ever so they shouldnt have made this superman returns crap movie. mad

Old Post May 4th, 2008 07:50 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules
The doctor

Originally posted by Mr Parker
I totally agree with everything you say.I wish they had just left superman alone and didnt make this movie.it was totally unnessary<its not like the case of batman where it WAS absolutely neccessary to reboot that franchise since all the others before it sucked and were a disgrace to the comics,superman and superman 2 got to be the best comicbook movies ever so they shouldnt have made this superman returns crap movie. mad

Actually Batman 1 and 2 were rather good, like with superman though 3 and 4 did bad..I didn't like batman 3 and 4

Old Post May 4th, 2008 07:58 PM
steverules is currently offline Click here to Send steverules a Private Message Find more posts by steverules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

KATE BECKINSALE AS LOUIS LANE KTHANX.

Boobs? Check
Body? Check
Hot? Double Check.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 04:58 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Re: Re: Re: The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

Originally posted by steverules
Actually Batman 1 and 2 were rather good, like with superman though 3 and 4 did bad..I didn't like batman 3 and 4

no they were a disgrace to the comic.batman killing people in cowardly ways and the worst casting choice in comicbook history.pudgy gut,receding hairline,hald bald,short runt michal keaton for tall,muscular,handsome,full set of hair bruce wayne.a total joke and insult to batman fans,plus making the movie all about the villains with bats having just a supporting role.disgraceful movies that need to be burned. mad

the thing I hated most about superman returns was that Lois was pregnant from superman.god if they make another sequal no way in hell will I see it.

Old Post May 30th, 2008 05:03 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthmaul1

Superman Returns was crap, Kevin Spacey, I like him but he sucked as Lex. and they bring in Kal Penn as Otto and he has no line what a waste.
and also the laws of physics were messed up when that plane with the shuttle hit Mach 1 and the plane stayed intact no frigin way that would happen the plane would of been ripped to shreds.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2008 09:25 PM
darthmaul1 is currently offline Click here to Send darthmaul1 a Private Message Find more posts by darthmaul1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's completely boring when the hero gets the girl with a snap of the fingers. It's better when he faces more & more obstacles that challenge him, and makes him think twice. "Superman Returns" excelled at that part, and that's why I think making Lane get married was a brilliant idea on Singer's part. Casting Bosworth, on the other hand, wasn't as brilliant.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 05:03 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Originally posted by Mr Parker
not like the case of batman where it WAS absolutely neccessary to reboot that franchise since all the others before it sucked and were a disgrace to the comics,

Like how the **** would people who don't read the batman comics know that ?

bet you did'nt think about it from that postion...... roll eyes (sarcastic)

and i'm also with steverules on the older batman movies.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 06:11 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote