KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns

What do you think?
This poll is closed.
I like Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and they should keep her. 7 16.67%
I hat Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane and should get someone else. 18 42.86%
I could really care less. 8 19.05%
Don't make another Superman movie. 9 21.43%
Total: 42 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The one thing I hate most about Superman Returns
Started by: Darth Martin

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Markus Corvinus
Restricted

Account Restricted

The only bad Batman movies were pretty much Batman Forever & Batman & Robin, every other movie was pretty faithful to the comics.

"Major, a great writer once said; "There are clefts in the rock where we see the back part of God and tremble." There's no training for what you saw out there because it's not an enemy that confronts us. It's a new power, let loose through a crack in the cliff of nature's mystery."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2008 07:00 AM
Markus Corvinus is currently offline Click here to Send Markus Corvinus a Private Message Find more posts by Markus Corvinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

The Lois Lane was ugly as ****, and her acting was subpar. However the thing I hated the most was the ****ing kid.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 05:47 AM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eel O'Brien

Hated the kid. Superman with child is bad enough. It being his own child is 10x worse.

I also hated the fact that stopping the plane was the most exciting part.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2008 04:47 PM
Eel O'Brien is currently offline Click here to Send Eel O'Brien a Private Message Find more posts by Eel O'Brien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The Movie was good, but I also hate the fact that Lois f*cks with another man. I also dislike the fact that Supermans child killed, or that Superman himself killed.... except of this it was nice.

Jeniffer Conelly rocks!! wink

what are you talking about?!!!
One the movie sucked! Two killing thing makes it more realistic, deal. And three yes Conelly is cool. But I thought she was hotter when she was younger in like the Rocketeer.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 12:21 PM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SMIFF-N-WESSON

Barf

Originally posted by Silent Guardian
what are you talking about?!!!
One the movie sucked! Two killing thing makes it more realistic, deal. And three yes Conelly is cool. But I thought she was hotter when she was younger in like the Rocketeer.

Yes the movie sucked, the love triangle (as in all current movies) is not needed and as far as the choice of Lois..... (PUKE)

Please do not make another Superman 90210.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2008 12:52 AM
SMIFF-N-WESSON is currently offline Click here to Send SMIFF-N-WESSON a Private Message Find more posts by SMIFF-N-WESSON Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bychance

I don't "hat" Bosworth, but they should re-cast. Although the character was also poorly written. She didn't really do much, really? In fact, that whole movie was like watching paint dry. The first half hour I kept on thinking...okay so what is this about?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2008 12:57 AM
bychance is currently offline Click here to Send bychance a Private Message Find more posts by bychance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

i would have like have seen a complete reboot. Not a lame sequel of dead franachise from 20 years ago, that ended up dead again since no one on the production team thought superman should be epic

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 12:42 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

I hate Superman returns for a few reasons.
-Superman has a Son
-Bad actor for Superman
-Lex Luthor is the villian yet again

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 03:39 AM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Guardian

I could deal with Superman's actor, if the writer give him more to work with. I think they should make him work out even more. Supes should be ripped. Get rid of Kate Bosworth. Honestly I would prefer, the girl who plays Lois on Smallville, over her. And yea, get another Villain besides Lex or if it is Lex again, have him come up with something clever/unexpected and truly diabolical, not all the same corny plans, that were good in the 70s.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2008 09:05 PM
Silent Guardian is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Guardian a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Guardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bychance

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
i would have like have seen a complete reboot. Not a lame sequel of dead franachise from 20 years ago, that ended up dead again since no one on the production team thought superman should be epic

No, because fanboys think Donner is the only way Superman should be depicted. That's why they hate Lois and Clark and Smallville, because they're different interpretations and/or not pre-crisis.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 05:41 AM
bychance is currently offline Click here to Send bychance a Private Message Find more posts by bychance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by bychance
No, because fanboys think Donner is the only way Superman should be depicted. That's why they hate Lois and Clark and Smallville, because they're different interpretations and/or not pre-crisis.

from what i've seen, even the hardcore superman fans (that i know anyways), don't see the donner way of doing things as the only way superman should be done.

they just don't want to have to put up with another returns...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 21st, 2008 09:41 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

I just disliked the movie in general. Other than good special effects and a not-bad job by Kevin Spacey, I can't think of any redeeming quality that the movie had.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 12:58 AM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

come to think of it, there were only a handful of good scenes in superman returns.. the plane almost-crashing scene, the metropolis gets torn apart scene, the bank robbery scene and superman floating above the earth listening to who needs his help the most scene.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 09:45 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by super pr*xy
come to think of it, there were only a handful of good scenes in superman returns.. the plane almost-crashing scene, the metropolis gets torn apart scene, the bank robbery scene and superman floating above the earth listening to who needs his help the most scene.

The one where he listens to people is the most dumbest thing put on the movie. Everything else I agree.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2008 03:25 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skygunner41
I'll be back!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
The one where he listens to people is the most dumbest thing put on the movie. Everything else I agree.

WHY....?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 01:45 AM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by skygunner41
WHY....?

He was in space but his cape is moving.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 02:22 AM
skygunner41
I'll be back!

Originally posted by xJLxKing
He was in space but his cape is moving.

SO..?

Old Post Dec 30th, 2008 04:21 AM
skygunner41 is currently offline Click here to Send skygunner41 a Private Message Find more posts by skygunner41 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tra-EL

Superman Returns was just more of the same. I was sitting in theatre thinking this was going to be AWESOME and when the opening credits came on I immediately got the craps from excitment. I liked the movie because it's been awhile and I finally got to see my hero on the big screen.

BUT..

I felt like I was watching Superman 1 and 2 all over again. f**ck, Singer even used the same lines and same references! This isn't the 80's anymore, and I walked out of there thinking that I just watched Reeves all over again but replaced his image with Routhe's.

I'm happy for the re-boot. Superman needs to be brought back with the times, and the darker movie could put more a$$ in the seats and make him bigger, and badder than ever. ( Atleast I'm hoping.)

Oh yeah, BTW.. ANN HATHAWAY would be the perfect Lois Lane.

unfortunately, I can't post the pic I want.. but google her. She's perfect.

PS. The kid sucked. They jumped the shark right off the bat! Big dissapointment there. Great special effects, though.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2009 03:08 AM
Tra-EL is currently offline Click here to Send Tra-EL a Private Message Find more posts by Tra-EL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperkatmanX

I really enjoyed superman returns.., i think its more of take to introduce him to the younger generation again. since the old movies are old and most the kids these days cant relate to it. the next one will be a killer!! hopefully we see brainiac

look on the bright side they could of made it as bad as dragonball evolution..

Last edited by SuperkatmanX on May 4th, 2009 at 07:37 AM

Old Post May 4th, 2009 07:33 AM
SuperkatmanX is currently offline Click here to Send SuperkatmanX a Private Message Find more posts by SuperkatmanX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wei Phoenix
One-Eyed Dragon Of Oshu

Yo whats that tune the kid and the dude were playing on the piano?

You Wa Shock!

Old Post May 9th, 2009 06:42 PM
Wei Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Wei Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Wei Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote