KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Fan Fiction Archives

Fan Fiction Archives
Started by: willofthewisp

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Well in my case for Signatures of a Union i had it pretty much mapped out!!

With Entangled Hearts I began with a plot in mind but I diverted thus throwing me of course. So now I'm in the process of fixing it (which is why I have taken so long to update) I need to find my way again. I know where I want it to go (end) but the in between stuff is still a lil sketchy!

How bout you Kate?

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:09 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

you ought to update soon--- i need some good sparrabeth ff! smile

eh, i don't know. for one i had a bunch of ideas and a sort of ending in mind, for the other, it's completely whatever comes into my head while writing it, no plan, and no idea how its going to end. ironically thats the one im going to finish first.

i stayed up entirely too late last night plowing through the first half of "have we met before" by florencia. its so freaking good i don't even know what to do with myself. that woman has a long and brilliant career ahead of her. You all, really ought to read it! smile

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 03:27 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrowluv
Queen of the Night

I was kinda the same way kate - I had the basic idea in mind for A Pirate's Heart, but I keep adding and changing things as I go along, lol stick out tongue

I tried reading "Have We Met Before?" and I just couldn't get into it - I think I called it quits after about 10 chapters - does it get better? I've heard so much about it, i'm thinking about trying again...

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 05:14 PM
savvysparrowluv is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrowluv a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrowluv Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

You know the most addcitive fanfic is from the musical Cats because I got into it when I was 12. Google "Jellicle" and you will get all the fanpages. ..'I dreamed to have the courage to make my own webpage for that with endless fic..'

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 05:35 PM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"Have We Met Before..." is that the one that has like 80 chapters? I didn't personally care for it, but that's more due to my tastes than anything with florencia. I think she's really in her element with this other story she's working on. It leaves you on the edge of your seat.

I don't know, it depends on the story, I think, whether it is thought out or made up as it goes along. Obviously if an author is going to have a MacGuffin or a mystery to it, it's a little more planned out. But I think a lot of people start out with a main idea and maybe some dialogue and just work from that.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 06:53 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Florencia really writes Elizabeth differently than anyone else. It's very unique and awesome. i tend to see the cynical, harsh side of elizabeth, but Florencia always brings out her softer, more vulnerable side. i like it.

"have we met before" does indeed get better--- and better, and better--- and actually where i am in it now, i think it's hooked me deeper than her other one ( i never can think of the latin for it) , if that's possible. she's just hit the nail on the head with jack-- its brilliant. but i am only about halfway through it. i'm anxious to see how it goes.

before i started writing mine, i hadn't really read many fanfics, and now that i am reading them, i see all these really unique things people have done with the characters, and things i tried to do that other people did so much better! haha. it's good fun.

are there any other awesome fics floating around out there? i lose track. a long while back just after dmc there were a couple of just brilliant ones that i cant seem to find anymore.

Old Post Mar 1st, 2008 07:33 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Have We Met Before? are you kidding me? That story is brilliant! One of my favs!

What I love about Florencia is that when you begin reading one of her stories you know for a fact that you are in for an adventure! The story just flows amazingly and there was a point in that story that after every chapter I literally felt like I needed to call an ambulance! She has a flare for making you hyperventalate, sit at the edge of your seat, scream with frustration, pull out your hair, swoon with heartfelt love for Sparrabeth, hate Will, hate Barbossa, convince you more that Will is a stupid Whelp, convince you that Jack is a family man, make your heart flutter, satisfy your every fantasy, laugh out loud, make you scream HEL L YA or TAKE THAT A$$HOLE, convince you to believe that Jack is very cabable of suicide and all while still managing to keep the characters completely in charcter! She really is the Master of the Pen a Sparrabeth Award well deserved! big grin

Oh and her new story with the latin name I could never pronounce is just as good and completely orginal! That story too keeps me on the edge of my seat! She is just amazing! big grin

And Ya Kate I will update soon! As soon as I get the chapter right were I want it! lol

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Last edited by PirateDiva on Mar 2nd, 2008 at 12:38 AM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 12:34 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

No one seems to be updating their stories on there except florencia, which makes me love her even more. So many of my favorites haven't updated since last year. Have you noticed a lot of the recent stories feature Norrington? I like he's getting a bigger fanbase.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4102565...ns_of_a_Sparrow
Not sparrabeth, but interesting. This is about Jack's mom and how she got with Teague and what it was like with little Jack.

Raising the grandaughter of a governor wasn't exactly on Jack's list of things to do in life, then again neither was falling in love with the governor's daughter. after 11 years, with her daughter at his side Jack still loves her and wants her back.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3860410/1/Turning_Sparrow

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:24 AM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3757380/1/Run_Away

Sorry to double-post, but I forgot this one. It's on my favorites.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 01:46 AM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

hello lovelys--I'm throwing my 2 cents worth in before I go the vet's,er emergency room--I *** dove off my front porch landed 3 point bosum, knee and left hand--I'm pretty sure didn't do myself any favors--but this is the story of how Jack grew to find Teague, be named Sparrow and have his amazing talents--

Tall Ship Tales: Intro and Links
http://p0wdermonkey.livejournal.com/9347.html

it makes me cry cos it's so sweet and I know I've probably mentioned it before, but just try a taste and if you don't care disclaimer stuff. love y'all are putting this together--taking self off now cos I'm not caring for my boo boo.

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 02:40 AM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Uh, good luck with healing all that injury, tex. Sure you're okay? We all love you!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 02:52 AM
katelovespirate

florencia is like, a freaking plot wizard. i just cant figure out how she does it--- every single damn chapter, something goes horribly awry but in the most unique, ironic ways--- and in every chapter, you get sparrabeth goodness and hotness to the extreme, and in every chapter, you get sever angst and near-death experiences, and... and... well, Diva you pretty much summed it up. I literally had to stop reading "have we met before" for a while in order to calm myself down. It's akin to seeing DMC for the first time. Edge of your seat, panic-attack-inducing brilliance.

i am such a fan girl. LOL.

I do need to read the ones you suggested, Willo. I've been meaning to read the "Jack's Mother" one. I have a very specific idea in my head of who Jack's mother was, and i am intrigued to see how other people interpret her. And hurrah for Norrington, the most deserving of the pirate men... smile

Tex! Darling, I hope you're okay! Where you imitating a ship battle or chasing a criminal when you took that leap?! wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:51 AM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

So, we all have.. http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/Jack_Sparrow#Early_life

erm So, we know his mother was a Pirate.. I wonder if she's like "maybe a good pirate," like someone who is a pirate by fate because of being extra-good.. smile So, his father is a musician?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:50 AM
VioletEyesPop08 is currently offline Click here to Send VioletEyesPop08 a Private Message Find more posts by VioletEyesPop08 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Ta dearies, alive and well, after all...I've sailed in some really foul weather, pushed home to port before a tropical storm. Turn on my front porch to collect one of my critters and it's elbows over teacups.
My name means grace... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Been reading away this morning and decided I adore the written word. When the Rum runs Out, I'd read somehow before--and mostly through our girls' fiction--Diva and Kateloves, my oh my--there's joy in it and the relentless nature of life--Life will be. I've been trying to go to competitions to read the winners and from that when I find an author I love, I read who they read. It's mostly workable. I wish I wasn't so blamed critical of grammar and usage.
Oh, I know, where are the sites you find stories?

Siggy by Savvy wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 05:30 PM
texgodiva2s is currently offline Click here to Send texgodiva2s a Private Message Find more posts by texgodiva2s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

"I do need to read the ones you suggested, Willo. I've been meaning to read the "Jack's Mother" one. I have a very specific idea in my head of who Jack's mother was, and i am intrigued to see how other people interpret her. And hurrah for Norrington, the most deserving of the pirate men... "------Kate

Oh my gosh, we should sit down and have tea because I too have specific ideas about Jack's mom and had a mind once to do a fictional "biography" on Jack that would end right at COTBP and flow right into the films.

Tex, fanfiction.net is a good website to look first, once you sort through the bad grammar and spelling errors. There are a few flowers in a vast garden of weeds there.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 06:56 PM
VioletEyesPop08
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Nice

You know how you and Kate think you are so much more mature than me.. and the rest.. big grin I so respect that you write this. This is all very interesting to me. When I look at it I get visions from my own environment/life and I guess you could like blast it up to the extreme notch.. I mean a document on Jack Sparrow's mother?? I actually came Here thinking it'd be a 100-way ping pong battle on different types of 1/2 1/2 PotC fans.. forreal!. Wow.!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 07:20 PM
texgodiva2s
IyamwhatIyam

Fan fict is my main source--there are a few other author sites I go to becos for whatever reason, I've decided I like the author's way. Love Geekmama's anything mostly--she writes drabbles the shorty heartbreakers like I breathe. The economy of her writing is delightful.

Teague's wife, Jack's mother--now there's a woman we could all probably enjoy hell outta. She was what a high born woman--with Jack's love of fine things I think maybe so. Was he byblow, born on the wrong side of the sheets--was she a whore, but one slightly off the beaten track? I wonder about his dark hair and eyes--Surely Jack wasn't Spanish, maybe dark Irish or Portuguese? I vote dark Irish--they were nautical folks and all, definitely fighters and scrappers. AH, my Jack--you've got me to thinking all sweet and marshmellowy, Miz WilloftheWisp--I'd welcome my little brother (bout right for our ages--surely he wouldn't hold me as a granny to him, but even then...)

Siggy by Savvy wink

Last edited by texgodiva2s on Mar 2nd, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 10:23 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

She's an interesting character, Jack's mom, even if we only see a shot or two of her shrunken head! I don't see her as a whore, either, tex. Somewhere along the line Jack got something of an education and did work for the EITC at one time, so she had to be at least a little respectable. I kind of see her as I see Elizabeth, like maybe she was a middle class girl who led a double life. On the surface she was just another member of society but was dating a pirate and little by little, she had more and more of her own adventures. It's my guess that she was almost a single parent since Teague doesn't seem too fatherly and he and Jack don't appear to be all that close, so she had to be tough.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 11:29 PM
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

Gah! I'm so glad there are so many good reviews on florencia here. I'm proud to say I was one of her first readers. I adore her...she keeps everyone in character while still making them do crazy things.
With her you know you're in good hands...I've been following every chapter with hunger.
You read her stuff and you think...how could POTC be anything but JE?
Agreeing with you guys... she writes Elizabeth much softer than other people. Just amazing!

She's my favorite. My other favorite -(ight up there with florencia) and sleepylotus (remember that girl? she was amazing till she stopped updating) and datakenobi05 (look her up. she's stopped writing but her already complete stuff is amazing-)

Also check out labyrinths...really good,

*****But if you don't have time for those...there's one I'm really keen on. It's PirateMistress...she's amazing. Check her profile and it'll lead you to he LiveJournal where you will find ALL her fics...READ 'PEARLS'. It rightfully one best completed fic for the sparrabeth awards. It's a wonder!! She and florencia both blow my mind away. You need to read it...you really do.*****

Freedom...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2008 11:40 PM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Pearls was an interesting one. I didn't finish it, but I certainly liked the premise. Sleepy Lotus was one of my favs--- but I got seriously upset when she never finished one or other of her stories I was hooked on...

Willo, I think we have entirely opposite views of Jack's mother. wink haha. I had in my head Jack's mother as not married to Teague, Indian, a high-class whore employed by the East India Company, and a total drug addict. You know, something of a mystic, not all there. I was very intrigued by the "shrunken head" bit of Pirates 3 (not quite sure I understood it, but...) and interpreted it in the sense that there was something magical/supernatural about her that she might not have been aware of. And mostly, that she had almost no contact with Jack and died when he was still fairly young, hence his tendency to objectify and simplify women. Until he met Elizabeth that is. haha.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2008 01:59 AM