KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Buying Question: best of the swappers

Buying Question: best of the swappers
Started by: deathbucket

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
deathbucket
Oddball Odd

Buying Question: best of the swappers

Anyone else notice that family members tend to buy pressies based on whatever's in their area? Case-in-point, I now have over $150 in gift cards to places like Sam Goody, FYE, and Warehouse (which I didn't even know still existed) -- worthless in my lovely suburban area unless I decide to shop at their respective online stores.

Two q's: 1) swap them all for best buy (of which there are two in my area)?

&

2) swap where? There are around 50 places online that offer exchanging of some kind.

Thanks, and may your holiday gifts be more readily redeemable.

Old Post Jan 14th, 2008 08:57 PM
deathbucket is currently offline Click here to Send deathbucket a Private Message Find more posts by deathbucket Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

I've never heard of gift card swapping but I know where you're coming from. Years ago I got a Warehouse gift card. I had to travel for like a half hour to use it.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 08:56 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

Yeah i get given Sanity and HMV cards, the closest of either of those is 100km away. Doesn't make much sense does it. Better than them taking a stab and buying you the Little Man/White Chicks box set though i suppose

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Jan 15th, 2008 08:38 PM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathbucket
Oddball Odd

quote: (post)
Originally posted by tabby999
Better than them taking a stab and buying you the Little Man/White Chicks box set though i suppose

Wow. Ok, now I'm REALLY counting my blessings.

Well leveragecard looks like the only free swap interface at the mo', probably have to use that...after glancing in another forum, however, I may have to ditch the Sam Goody completely (d'oh...). Oh well. Next year I'll need to spend a little more time on my wishlist.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2008 10:43 PM
deathbucket is currently offline Click here to Send deathbucket a Private Message Find more posts by deathbucket Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote