KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » James Cameron to announce Jesus tomb discovery.

James Cameron to announce Jesus tomb discovery.
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

James Cameron to announce Jesus tomb discovery...

Jesus: Tales from the Crypt

Brace yourself. James Cameron, the man who brought you 'The Titanic' is back with another blockbuster. This time, the ship he's sinking is Christianity.

In a new documentary, Producer Cameron and his director, Simcha Jacobovici, make the starting claim that Jesus wasn't resurrected --the cornerstone of Christian faith-- and that his burial cave was discovered near Jerusalem. And, get this, Jesus sired a son with Mary Magdelene.

No, it's not a re-make of "The Da Vinci Codes'. It's supposed to be true.

Let's go back 27 years, when Israeli construction workers were gouging out the foundations for a new building in the industrial park in the Talpiyot, a Jerusalem suburb. of Jerusalem. The earth gave way, revealing a 2,000 year old cave with 10 stone caskets. Archologists were summoned, and the stone caskets carted away for examination. It took 20 years for experts to decipher the names on the ten tombs. They were: Jesua, son of Joseph, Mary, Mary, Mathew, Jofa and Judah, son of Jesua.
Israel's prominent archeologist Professor Amos Kloner didn't associate the crypt with the New Testament Jesus. His father, after all, was a humble carpenter who couldn't afford a luxury crypt for his family. And all were common Jewish names.

There was also this little inconvenience that a few miles away, in the old city of Jerusalem, Christians for centuries had been worshipping the empty tomb of Christ at the Church of the Holy Sepulcher. Christ's resurrection, after all, is the main foundation of the faith, proof that a boy born to a carpenter's wife in a manger is the Son of God.

But film-makers Cameron and Jacobovici claim to have amassed evidence through DNA tests, archeological evidence and Biblical studies, that the 10 coffins belong to Jesus and his family.

Ever the showman, (Why does this remind me of the impresario in another movie,"King Kong", whose hubris blinds him to the dangers of an angry and very large ape?) Cameron is holding a New York press conference on Monday at which he will reveal three coffins, supposedly those of Jesus of Nazareth, his mother Mary and Mary Magdalene. News about the film, which will be shown soon on Discovery Channel, Britain's Channel 4, Canada's Vision, and Israel's Channel 8, has been a hot blog topic in the Middle East (check out a personal favorite: Israelity Bites) Here in the Holy Land, Biblical Archeology is a dangerous profession. This 90-minute documentary is bound to outrage Christians and stir up a titanic debate between believers and skeptics. Stay tuned.

--Tim McGirk/Jerusalem
http://time-blog.com/middle_east/

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Feb 25th, 2007 at 01:35 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 01:32 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know I'll be watching it.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 01:38 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TRH
Grand Poobah

laughing smokin'

Sig By pittman

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 01:44 AM
TRH is currently offline Click here to Send TRH a Private Message Find more posts by TRH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I heard about this, though up till now I thought Simcha Jacobovici was the main figure in the whole thing, and Cameron more a supporting part.

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satell...icle%2FShowFull

Still, the whole theory sounds quite interesting - especially if ones believes Jesus might have existed but been just a man and not divine. If that were the case there is always the chance some physical remnant might remain. Of course the question about why the tomb would exist as it does is valid, but I am assuming they have done their research and have a valid reason why this could be Jesus beyond just names - the whole "amassed evidence through DNA tests, archaeological evidence and Biblical studies" sounds promising.

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Last edited by Imperial_Samura on Feb 25th, 2007 at 02:07 AM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 02:00 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Interesting... and.... "Jesus wasn't resurrected".. WTF?! Of course he wasn't, do people actually believe he was? Hahahah!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 03:47 AM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

How the hell did they do DNA testing? We actually have a semen sample from Jesus from the New Testament?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 04:13 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Boris

Cameron puts an end to christianity... AMEN!

Islam is next! Huzzah!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 04:14 AM
Boris is currently offline Click here to Send Boris a Private Message Find more posts by Boris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

If they have DNA samples, they should make Evil-Clone Jesus

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 04:49 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Draco69
How the hell did they do DNA testing? We actually have a semen sample from Jesus from the New Testament?

Something I wondered as well... thus I guess we will have to watch to find out.

Maybe it will have some Terminator like time travel in it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:12 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nellinator
Crazy Canuck

I don't see how the DNA testing will show anything more than that the family within the tomb is related and that they were Jews. I think Amos Kloner is on the right track. The Jews accused the followers of Jesus of stealing the body because it was no longer in the tomb. The Jews openly admit that the body was gone, so that would make it impossible for this to be the body of the Biblical Jesus.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:47 AM
Nellinator is currently offline Click here to Send Nellinator a Private Message Find more posts by Nellinator Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
I know I'll be watching it.

Me too. I'm really looking forward to it.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 05:48 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ordo
Enforcer of the Republic

OMG!

| Sigs | My Artwork | Sig Duel Record 24:4 | Alliance Respect Thread |

Old Post Feb 25th, 2007 06:19 AM
Ordo is currently offline Click here to Send Ordo a Private Message Find more posts by Ordo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Nellinator
I don't see how the DNA testing will show anything more than that the family within the tomb is related and that they were Jews. I think Amos Kloner is on the right track. The Jews accused the followers of Jesus of stealing the body because it was no longer in the tomb. The Jews openly admit that the body was gone, so that would make it impossible for this to be the body of the Biblical Jesus.

Where do you get the information that the Jews openly admit that the body was gone?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 07:42 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
{{QS}}
Used to be quickshot

Originally posted by AngryManatee

co-sign

Free to wreak havoc

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:46 PM
{{QS}} is currently offline Click here to Send {{QS}} a Private Message Find more posts by {{QS}} Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by AngryManatee

If they did clone Jesus, would that be the return of Jesus?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 09:49 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nellinator
I think Amos Kloner is on the right track.

What a massive, massive suprise! This guy is a hack! Talk about having an agenda! This guy is one of those members of the scientific community that sees only what he wants and uses his position to advance his religion. I've not seen one documentary by this man that has taken all the evidence into account.

He's one of those guys that presents an argument for biblical truth and then tweaks history to make the evidence look like it fits the stories in teh bible.

He's a hack and his involvment in this project makes me highly doubt it's going to be the bombshell Cameron wants to make it out to be. The fact that these tombs exist; with the combination of names; in the place it does; from the time they come, it's highly likely that this is the family mausoleum of the Jewish teacher, Jesus. But the logic behind it will escape anyone who is a bible thumping christian. They could find a bag of bones with a hand written note signed by Jesus himself with a post script from God saying Jesus was a good guy but not divine, and you'd call it a plot by the Jews.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 10:08 PM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quiero Mota

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
If they did clone Jesus, would that be the return of Jesus?

hmmm........

Old Post Feb 26th, 2007 10:13 PM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

quote:
But the logic behind it will escape anyone who is a bible thumping christian. They could find a bag of bones with a hand written note signed by Jesus himself with a post script from God saying Jesus was a good guy but not divine, and you'd call it a plot by the Jews.

well stated.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 01:26 AM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
What a massive, massive suprise! This guy is a hack! Talk about having an agenda! This guy is one of those members of the scientific community that sees only what he wants and uses his position to advance his religion. I've not seen one documentary by this man that has taken all the evidence into account.

He's one of those guys that presents an argument for biblical truth and then tweaks history to make the evidence look like it fits the stories in teh bible.

He's a hack and his involvment in this project makes me highly doubt it's going to be the bombshell Cameron wants to make it out to be. The fact that these tombs exist; with the combination of names; in the place it does; from the time they come, it's highly likely that this is the family mausoleum of the Jewish teacher, Jesus. But the logic behind it will escape anyone who is a bible thumping christian. They could find a bag of bones with a hand written note signed by Jesus himself with a post script from God saying Jesus was a good guy but not divine, and you'd call it a plot by the Jews.

I tend to agree.

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 02:15 AM
LatinoStallion
Perfection

Originally posted by Draco69

I have a couple in my mouth, maybe I should donate some to the experiment...

Old Post Feb 27th, 2007 06:25 AM
LatinoStallion is currently offline Click here to Send LatinoStallion a Private Message Find more posts by LatinoStallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote