KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Official Star Trek Thread

The Official Star Trek Thread
Started by: JediSamuraiMRB

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

The Original Series, nothing beats that, then Next Gen, Then Quantum Leap(stick out tongue), then Voyager

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 04:20 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Koenig

Star Trek was and still is a product of the 60's and looks very dated by today's standard but never the less it's still better than a lot of rubbish made today.

Top Three Episodes

1. Balance of Terror
2. Doomsday Machine
3. The Ultimate Computer

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 07:58 PM
Koenig is currently offline Click here to Send Koenig a Private Message Find more posts by Koenig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Koenig
Star Trek was and still is a product of the 60's and looks very dated by today's standard but never the less it's still better than a lot of rubbish made today.

Top Three Episodes

1. Balance of Terror
2. Doomsday Machine
3. The Ultimate Computer

Those are good original eps.. How about Space Seed, Requiem for Methusalah and The Trouble with Tribbles??

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 12th, 2008 10:22 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FlappingMangera
flapper of the mangera

I watched every episode of TOS straight through about a year ago, and even by today's standards the themes and content of those episodes seem innovative. I can only imagine how awesome it was to watch that when it originally aired 40 years ago.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2008 02:45 PM
FlappingMangera is currently offline Click here to Send FlappingMangera a Private Message Find more posts by FlappingMangera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
oakling

I grew up watching TNG with my family every week. I must have seen every episode at least once. I was really into it at the time (not as much as I was into Doctor Who later on mind you) but recently I revisited a few episodes and I couldn't even watch them - every one I saw was just hokey and overacted. Then again, I felt the same way about Full House and I've come back around to being able to appreciate that as an adult wink

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 06:37 PM
oakling is currently offline Click here to Send oakling a Private Message Find more posts by oakling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I have always enjoyed the Star Trek franchise as a child and certainly as an adult. I have watched TNG especially constantly and have brought all 7 seasons on dvd.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2008 06:52 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I have always enjoyed the Star Trek franchise as a child and certainly as an adult. I have watched TNG especially constantly and have brought all 7 seasons on dvd.
What's your favorite episode?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 03:11 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Fuzzy Hawkeye
The Original Series, nothing beats that, then Next Gen, Then Quantum Leap(stick out tongue), then Voyager

ds9>all... stick out tongue

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 03:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Creshosk
What's your favorite episode?

There are many. Depends on the series...For DS9 its Duet, For Voyager its Death Wish, for Enterprise, just watching Jolene Blalock was enough. And for TNG its a three way tie between Sins of the Father, Reunion and the final TNG ep All Good Things

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:02 AM
Creshosk

There are many. Depends on the series...For DS9 its Duet, For Voyager its Death Wish, for Enterprise, just watching Jolene Blalock was enough. And for TNG its a three way tie between Sins of the Father, Reunion and the final TNG ep All Good Things
Those are all good episodes. Personally "The Measure of a man" is my favorite one. Data's my favorite character. Who's yours?

Originally posted by Raoul
ds9>all... stick out tongue
Who's your favorite character in trek?

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:39 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Creshosk
Those are all good episodes. Personally "The Measure of a man" is my favorite one. Data's my favorite character. Who's yours?

Who's your favorite character in trek?

in all of trek? no expression

TOS: Kirk
TNG: Riker/Data
DS9: Sisko/O'Brien/Worf
VOY: Torres, cos i fancied the pants off of her...
ENT: Archer or Trip...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:45 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Acrosurge
Lumine Infinitus

Woohoo! Star Trek!

I've loved every series, though Enterprise is definitely the red-headed stepchild. I don't have a favorite, though the Original gets the award for Classic goodness and TNG gets the award for most, consistently good writing. Ds9 and Voyager are favorites two; say what you like about them, they both got very strong after a couple seasons.

So many great characters and situations. So much cool technology. There's been much Sci-Fi before and since, but of them all, Trek makes this fan happiest.

Still fighting,
Acrosurge

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 04:55 PM
Acrosurge is currently offline Click here to Send Acrosurge a Private Message Find more posts by Acrosurge Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Acrosurge
Woohoo! Star Trek!

I've loved every series, though Enterprise is definitely the red-headed stepchild. I don't have a favorite, though the Original gets the award for Classic goodness and TNG gets the award for most, consistently good writing. Ds9 and Voyager are favorites two; say what you like about them, they both got very strong after a couple seasons.

So many great characters and situations. So much cool technology. There's been much Sci-Fi before and since, but of them all, Trek makes this fan happiest.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 05:37 PM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Star Trek and Dr. Who are the best Sci-Fi TV shows in existence.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 06:07 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote:
Data's my favorite character. Who's yours?

In all of Star Trek its Worf, but TOS-Kirk/Spock
DS9-Sisko/Dukat
VOY-Seven of Nine
ENT-Archer/T'Pol

Old Post Apr 29th, 2008 07:06 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Star Trek and Dr. Who are the best Sci-Fi TV shows in existence.

I would have agreed 4 or 5 years ago, but Battlestar Galactica I.M.O is the best show, i fought with myself to even give it a shot....and when i did.....i found myself immersed in a sci-fi show like none before....by far the best ever...I.M.O

Edit....It does not diminish my love for Star Trek, i will always be a fan

http://www.thedeadlyaddictionschronicles.com/

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 12:09 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Star Trek is certainly an influential piece.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 01:58 PM
starlock
Team Authority

I felt like making some trek sigs...here you go smile

(please log in to view the image)

i hope they come out,i have problems with links into pics

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 07:11 PM
starlock is currently offline Click here to Send starlock a Private Message Find more posts by starlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by starlock
I felt like making some trek sigs...here you go smile

i hope they come out,i have problems with links into pics

Excellent sigs

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 07:14 PM
starlock
Team Authority

Excellent sigs

Hey thanks,trying to drum up some excitement.......maybe we can get a Star Trek forum cool

i have more...plus lots of pics of ships...i even have a Millenium Falcon pic shifty

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 07:23 PM