KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger Passed Away

Heath Ledger Passed Away
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kainreaver
That is true. Bootlegs NEVER do a film justice. ESPECIALLY in the Dark Knight. Nolan filmed the Dark Knight in 70mm. Thats 2x the quality that normal films produce (Since they are filmed in 35mm). When you see a film in the Imax, the picture is blurry and it looses alot of quality simply for the fact that it is blown up onto a 6 story screen. But the Dark knight footage looked CLEAR. We're talking Hi-Def clear. It's easilly the clearest picture I've ever seen and it was 6 friggin stories high. As someone who has seen the footage in Imax, and the bootleg. I swear to you you will have a totally different feeling when you see that scene in theatres.

As long as it has a good story, it can be seen; the actors do a good job, I don't care what it is filmed in, I just want to have good sound and quality, at the end of the day I will be more immersed in the film and the story then, wow they filmed that in Imax and we're talking hi-def clear.

Old Post Jan 30th, 2008 04:55 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kainreaver

I'm not taking anything away from story, acting, or the over all plot. Those matter first and foremost. But visual quality is impressive when it's the clearest feature film ever presented. Hi-Def picture quality helps emerse people into the film, if it didnt, then I suppose Hi-Def T.Vs would have died out by now. Appearantly Christopher Nolan thought filming the movie in 70mm would add to some peoples enjoyment, otherwise I imagine he wouldnt have filmed it like that. Picture quality doesnt matter as much to you, but appearantly it does to SelinaandBruce. So to him I say yes, the bootleg quality probably compromised the enjoyment of the Dark Knight footage, but if you see it in theatres, it will be a totally different and much more enjoyable experience.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 08:22 AM
Kainreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Kainreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Kainreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I'm not taking anything away from story, acting, or the over all plot. Those matter first and foremost. But visual quality is impressive when it's the clearest feature film ever presented. Hi-Def picture quality helps emerse people into the film, if it didnt, then I suppose Hi-Def T.Vs would have died out by now. Appearantly Christopher Nolan thought filming the movie in 70mm would add to some peoples enjoyment, otherwise I imagine he wouldnt have filmed it like that. Picture quality doesnt matter as much to you, but appearantly it does to SelinaandBruce. So to him I say yes, the bootleg quality probably compromised the enjoyment of the Dark Knight footage, but if you see it in theatres, it will be a totally different and much more enjoyable experience.

Not saying it would not, I feel the cinema will provide an enjoyable experience, I just don't like it when people care more for what technical quality's the film as, opposed to the story, I am sure it will look good.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 11:31 AM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kainreaver

but for 6 minutes of footage. 90% of what you have to go on is the camera quality. I don't know any more about the plot of the Dark knight after seeing the footage than I did before I saw it. So ultimately, I can assume that the main reason the Dark knight footage was shown in the Imax was to show off the quality. If I had seen the entire film in the Imax, I would probably be barking about the plot, the acting, Nolan is my hero etc. etc. But since no plot points were given, and no performances stood out in 6 minutes, The quality is the ONLY thing to rave about.

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 11:43 PM
Kainreaver is currently offline Click here to Send Kainreaver a Private Message Find more posts by Kainreaver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

I just don't talk about the film, all I have been saying is, I am going to see it and the joker will be in it, thats good enough for me.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 03:34 PM
Cap'n Happy

Please...

Originally posted by roughrider
Well, I don't think he had to work every day under death threats - like Michael Bay did making Transformers, or like Michael Keaton playing the first Batman.

Please... there is a HUGE difference between genuine death threats (such as Presidents and many religious leaders face) and the silly threats made against these guys. In this age of the Internet, any loud mouth can make a threat. Keaton and Bay were never in any real danger. But, like Heath Ledger, they had their share of pressure trying to live up to the expectations of a rabid fan base. More and more it is looking like Ledger's death was an accident- very tragic. I hope that his Joker kicks ass and stands as a fitting tribute.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:17 PM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Re: Please...

Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Please... there is a HUGE difference between genuine death threats (such as Presidents and many religious leaders face) and the silly threats made against these guys. In this age of the Internet, any loud mouth can make a threat. Keaton and Bay were never in any real danger. But, like Heath Ledger, they had their share of pressure trying to live up to the expectations of a rabid fan base. More and more it is looking like Ledger's death was an accident- very tragic. I hope that his Joker kicks ass and stands as a fitting tribute.

So true.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 07:33 PM
Kainreaver

I fully feel that Heath Ledgers Joker will be that character that will be an Oscar worthy performance. Now that doesn't mean that he will or would have gotten an oscar, but it will be that character that is deep, interesting, steals the show, surpasses any and all expectations, and caused the actor to dig into realms of himself previously unknown to us or him to make the character what he is. Pretty much, we wont have seen a character who owns the show like Heath Ledgers Joker will since Andy Serkis as Gollum.

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 12:02 AM
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

Mark Hamill as the Joker in Batman TAS. no expression

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2008 12:30 PM
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Mark Hamill as the Joker in Batman TAS. no expression

mark hamill's voice is great as the joker, i think he could even do one similar to or exactly like ledger's version

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 09:22 PM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I'm not going to get hyped up for Ledger's performance and then be let down. I'm expecting it to be memorable but all this stuff about it being oscar worthy out of this world etc...I'm just gonna let it be what it is.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 11:09 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I look forward to watching Ledger's final role. I feel it is going to be somewhat Iconic. I've been fully hyped up for this film and fro this role ever since it was announced that Ledger was going to be The Joker.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 11:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I'm excited to see his last role too but I'm just kind of like how could anyone know he is gonna be that great this far off? I don't doubt that he'll be good but Oscar worthy? Plus I think his performance is gonna be somewhat criticism proof anyway because he croaked.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Feb 5th, 2008 11:16 PM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I'm excited to see his last role too but I'm just kind of like how could anyone know he is gonna be that great this far off? I don't doubt that he'll be good but Oscar worthy? Plus I think his performance is gonna be somewhat criticism proof anyway because he croaked.

Because of his previous work. And I have read from reliable magazines and webistes that Ledger would have put his name over the top and would have had a whole of success following The Dark Knight.. Also on Note.....BREAKING NEWS...Heath Ledger died from the six prescription drugs found in his room and not the cocaine and marijuana BS that celebrity bloggers and tabloids have stated.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 07:56 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Take that bloggers and tabloids!!!! Mwahahahaha!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 08:55 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Not sure if you have all read this, buts its a relief. Heath's autopsy shows that dis death was a mistake.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=376771

For those who concluded that he killed himself, or that he was doing drugs, well IN YOUR FACE!!!

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 09:51 PM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by sindahouse
Not sure if you have all read this, buts its a relief. Heath's autopsy shows that dis death was a mistake.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=376771

For those who concluded that he killed himself, or that he was doing drugs, well IN YOUR FACE!!!

I have always said that you should not believe in everything celebrity bloggers and what the tabloids say.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 11:12 PM
Kainreaver

OH YEAH! We have all waited hand n foot for that toxicology report to come back. Nice find guys. So tragic about him. But it was clear from the beginning that it was an accident...it was all down to what exactly caused the accident.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 01:20 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

OH YEAH! We have all waited hand n foot for that toxicology report to come back. Nice find guys. So tragic about him. But it was clear from the beginning that it was an accident...it was all down to what exactly caused the accident.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2008 05:11 AM
U Neek
Mr

Hey,

I am a huge Batman fan. I did not know anything about Heath Ledger until I heard he had got the part of The Joker in the upcoming Batman movie. I did not want to say anything until all the facts about his death were known but RIP Heath. I am saddened to hear about your passing.

I am also a bit saddened in regards to earlier comments that were left by certain members of KMC. Comments that did not show Heath the respect he deserves. From what I have read and heard in the news, Heath was not a drug addict, and his death was not a suicide. So to all who thought he died in a negative sense, e.g. he killed himself or was a drug addict, I hope you guys can swallow your pride and show Heath some respect now...

On the flip side of that coin, we gotta take into account that yes Heath plays The Joker in the new Batman movie and yes he will be filling in Jack Nicholsons' shoes. But what if he didn't do a good job of it? What if he bombs playing The Joker? I sincerely hope all fans who go to watch the movie judge his performance solely on that; his performance and not the fact that he passed away in the same year the movie is released.

It's almost certain that some KMC members will probably say he sucks in the part of The Joker just to stir up emotions. But remember guys, everyone is entitled to an opinion. We can't say he plays the part excellently just because he's dead. But what we can do is give an honest opinion on Heath's performance after the movie is released, whether you think he did a good job or not. And an honest, open opinion is probably the last bit of respect we can give Heath in what will be one of the greatest roles he has ever had the chance to play.

-U

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 09:54 PM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote