KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger Passed Away

Heath Ledger Passed Away
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Your opinion on him aside, telling a mod to **** off, even outside his section, just for expressing his opinion on something is not in any way acceptable. You must know that.

And I don't know where you would bring this differing standard for mods from. Backfire makes a living from tasteless comments, you know. Why is this different? Because this time it is something you care about? Poor show.

Don't do it again.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:09 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

I saw it when I signed on to MSN. I was like "Oh Shit" and closed the window...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:11 AM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
exanda kane

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Your opinion on him aside, telling a mod to **** off, even outside his section, just for expressing his opinion on something is not in any way acceptable. You must know that.

And I don't know where you would bring this differing standard for mods from. Backfire makes a living from tasteless comments, you know. Why is this different? Because this time it is something you care about? Poor show.

Don't do it again.

Backfire makes me laugh and I haven't seen him say something quite as ignorant and backward as what was said earlier. So did Ledger, leave it out of this thread as a sign of respect, Impending-whatever should have done so in both threads where he has shown poor taste.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:14 AM
exanda kane is currently offline Click here to Send exanda kane a Private Message Find more posts by exanda kane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bat Dude
In God I Trust

Is it just me, or does everyone else think that the Brandon Lee comparisons are getting kinda creepy?

- Similar look for characters portrayed
- Both died during production/post production of a comic book film
- Both were young, up-an-coming actors
- And it may possibly make the movie more popular than it really should have been (The Crow wouldn't have made so much money had Brandon Lee not died, as much as I hate to say it. And the same may happen with TDK)

Just putting that out there... And does everyone have to be going off on each other in an R.I.P. thread? Honestly...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:15 AM
Bat Dude is currently offline Click here to Send Bat Dude a Private Message Find more posts by Bat Dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by Bat Dude
Is it just me, or does everyone else think that the Brandon Lee comparisons are getting kinda creepy?

- Both were young, up-an- coming actors
- And it may possibly make the movie more popular than it really should have been (The Crow wouldn't have made so much money had Brandon Lee not died, as much as I hate to say it. And the same may happen with TDK)

Just putting that out there... And does everyone have to be going off on each other in an R.I.P. thread? Honestly...
I noticed that too

Made by Jugg666

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:16 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Originally posted by exanda kane
Backfire makes me laugh and I haven't seen him say something quite as ignorant and backward as what was said earlier. So did Ledger, leave it out of this thread as a sign of respect, Impending-whatever should have done so in both threads where he has shown poor taste.

Like I say, that's your opinion, but your opinion does not control the content of this thread and he is entitled to make comment. It so happens quite a few people feel that way, in any case, so you'll just have to live with it. And if the assessment was hasty he can always recant later; it's still no grounds for flaming.

And even when you disagree, you can do it without that blatant flaming which you very possibly should be banned for seeing as you continued after being asked to stop.

Just take some good advice and make that the last time you do it. Regardless of what you think, that's the way it is.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:18 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Grimm22
Is it wrong that the first thought I had when heard about Ledger's death was how it was going to affect The Dark Knight erm
First thing that came to mind and the only thing thats come to mind at all.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:25 AM
Amp is currently offline Click here to Send Amp a Private Message Find more posts by Amp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

can we have some respect for the dead here for christ sake and forget all the bickering?

God.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:25 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Superherovandal
Not really I mean its his damn fault if he tried to commit suicide or did the drugs.

Usually when people commit suicide they aren't in complete control of themselves. In this case, it seems like Ledger was so depressed he unintentionally overdosed on a medicine.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:27 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Originally posted by Val
Only if you knew him personally.

Or in that case, only if you really really really like Batman stick out tongue

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:28 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black Yoshi
The Best Yoshi

Re: Heath Ledger Dead

Originally posted by Outbound
Heath Ledger found dead - NY Police

Australia actor Heath Ledger has been found dead at a downtown Manhattan residence, a New York Police Department spokesman says.

Although he isn't one of my favorite actors, I hope he rests in peace.

I'm sure that his family, friends, and fans were deeply upset by his death, but Heath will live on in their hearts for the rest of their lives.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:30 AM
Black Yoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Black Yoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Black Yoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
can we have some respect for the dead here for christ sake and forget all the bickering?

God.

I second that..

Thank you

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:33 AM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

Originally posted by Bat Dude

- Both were young, up-an-coming actors

dude thats the first thing that came to my mind as soon as i was told..

Again R.I.P. Poor Bloke. sad

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:34 AM
sindahouse is currently offline Click here to Send sindahouse a Private Message Find more posts by sindahouse Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Amp
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Roy79
If you are a moderator, then you should be ashamed of yourself. You come in here acting all disrespectfull with your 'I give less than a damn that he's death etc.' when the news is so fresh that nothing is certain at this moment. You're talking about a guy we came to love for his work in a franchise we're all fan of. And if your mod-friends up here had any integrety, they would give you a warning as well.

Since when did mods become larger than life and think that they can say and do what they like, even if that means being desrespectful?

Hes dead.

We don't know him but to get so emotional is a bit childish and your over reacting.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:35 AM
Amp is currently offline Click here to Send Amp a Private Message Find more posts by Amp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Il.Mozalini
Malt Liquor Enthusiast

Originally posted by FistOfThe North

God.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:36 AM
Il.Mozalini is currently offline Click here to Send Il.Mozalini a Private Message Find more posts by Il.Mozalini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

I think it's safe to say that Ledger's performance in the theatrical trailer was more superior and close to the comics than Jack Nicholson's whole performance in the entire movie.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger AKA The Joker

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:43 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Micheal_Myers
KMC's resident thrasher!

I'm not really a Ledger fan. As a matter of fact The Dark Knight will be my first film featuring Ledger.

However, this is a forum. I believe Exanda Kane's stand is the right one. He is standing up for a human who lost his life. Being banned is but a minor concern. It's simply a forum as compared to a human life.

His presentation may be over the top and against the rules. I believe he is doing the right thing.

R.I.P Heath Ledger. I'm sure your performance will more than impress me upon the release of The Dark Knight.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:49 AM
Micheal_Myers is currently offline Click here to Send Micheal_Myers a Private Message Find more posts by Micheal_Myers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Pict
Defender Of The Faith

I just found out myself, unbelievable.

Hot sig by Scottie

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:49 AM
The Pict is currently offline Click here to Send The Pict a Private Message Find more posts by The Pict Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sindahouse

This is sad

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uKa-aDga1fE

Bloody heart breaking

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:52 AM
S_D_J
Bane

Dear god !
sad

I just watched the news on CNN, Can't believe it!

I liked him as an actor, he was certainly talented.
regardless of any other opinion in this (or any other) thread, it's sad to see talent go to waste like this.

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

sad

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:54 AM
S_D_J is currently offline Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote