KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » Heath Ledger Passed Away

Heath Ledger Passed Away
Started by: Outbound

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I can't even watch the Dark Knight trailers right now.

Just so hard to accept he is gone. It seems so unreal...wow.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 03:24 AM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
OB1-adobe

I hope the dark knight didn't end on a cliff hanger

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 03:38 AM
OB1-adobe is currently offline Click here to Send OB1-adobe a Private Message Find more posts by OB1-adobe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraXtaRCR3

Re: Re: Damn!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
They killed off Jack Nicholson's Joker in the first Batman movie, if you recall.

I don't know about the plot, but Batman has so many villains the series can still go on. When another reboot of some kind happens, we'll see another new actor as Joker. The character will go on.

True, but not in the same line of movies! killing of Joker in the original was an ignorant and absent minded move on the part of the writers. There is now obviously more respect in the film industry towards comic book to film continuity (in a sense).
Yes there are more villains to come about, but its the main ones that really matter to enthusiasts!..Its like Killing off Lex Luthor in a Superman Movie...WTF!
Yes theres other villains to continue, but You just dont do it!
& Yea im sure when they respawn the movies in another 10 years, theyll bring him or any other characters back theyve decided to whack along the process!
I dont know about you, but i dont wanna have to wait around 10 years to see that. They should get it done right from the get go! Hollywoods already doing a pretty decent job already, (aside form Spidey 3 just made with no brains just to kill off the series!) im just saying they shouldnt stray off the path again & play it smart like theyve been doing is all.

Last edited by TraXtaRCR3 on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 04:20 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 04:07 AM
TraXtaRCR3 is currently offline Click here to Send TraXtaRCR3 a Private Message Find more posts by TraXtaRCR3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Originally posted by Capt Spaulding
he wasn't done filming guys, this is going to greatly affect the release of the film.

It will effect it a little. Principle filming WAS done, but there are almost always a couple of scenes the director wants to re-shoot, and then there are voice overs (usually the last thing in any movie is re-recording garbled dialogue).
Damn shame on a human level. It's selfish, but understandable that we fans of Batman first think about the movie, but lets remember that he was a human-being, and we don't know the details of his death. Sure reminds me of Brandon Lee/Crow.
As for the future Bat-films, Joker probably wasn't slated to be in them. An annoying (and foolish) mistake directors make on comic movies is to assume "we need a new villain for the next movie- the audience will want a new one". When will they realize that with good characters and good writing, the audience will want to see MORE of the villain (think Darth Vader). Two stupid mistakes movies have to cut out:
1. Revealing the heroes secret identity to ALL the main characters
(does anyone in the Spidey movies not know he's Parker by now?)
2. Stop killing the villain.
Anyway, real drag about Heath Ledger.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 04:57 AM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HueyFreeman
Super Fighting Robot

Originally posted by atharpina
this is so sad...

i understand that people are entitled to opinion and that some opinions will be that a person doesnt care that another person died(!?) but no persons death does not matter. those that care will offend no one by sharing how much they care. the people that shared how little they cared obviously offended several people though.

so please....let mourners mourn. dont try and tell us he didnt matter
I understand your point, but mine is not that he doesn't matter. Its the fact that none of us knew him so to mourn is a little rediculous. What some are tying to point out is that it looks like the hollywood life style is what killed him and if thats the case its his own fault. He had a daughter and family, if drugs had something to do with his death than shame on him. I come from a family with a not so glamous background and one thing I have learned is if a person isn't willing to help themselves or at least for the people around them than there no good to anybody. Its a shame he died so young but if his autopsy shows it was an OD I won't loose any sleep over it.

Made by Jugg666

Last edited by HueyFreeman on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:22 AM
HueyFreeman is currently offline Click here to Send HueyFreeman a Private Message Find more posts by HueyFreeman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

just watched TDK trailer and didn't see it with the same intensity and eagerness i always see it with.

it's surreal, the whole thing.

I just turned on the net with yahoo as my home page and there he was, a smiling picture, for half a sec i smirked and thought, there's my man, the joker, then i inevitably looked at the headline: "Heath Ledger Dies" my face lost it's quickly lost it's grin and went into serious mode. I sat up, grabbed my chin and let out an inaudible "daaaamn...". Just surprised as hell.

What the hell this is the last thing i was expecting to happen. It came and the worst time. It's almost as if it wasn't suppose to happen. I'm shocked. Heath will still be an excellent Joker and, as I've said over and over again on this Batman forum, Heath was the best pick for the Joker.

r.i.p. h.l. a.k.a. the jkr

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:31 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

I'm still stunned. I remember when the guy at work told me I thought he was joking and I was like that's a cruel joke. He's a big Batman fan too and he and I have discussed a lot about the Dark Knight so I was just floored. I had to go look it up myself to see. To this moment I'm still waiting for them to retract it...say it's all made up.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 05:41 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheMercurial
Unmythical mortal

For some reason, it doesnt seem real. I mean I'm not a huge fan of his. I've liked every movie of his I've seen but I wouldn't have gone to see a movie just because he was in it. That said, I was pretty excited about his Joker, and I had a feeling that he was really going to reach his peak as an actor after this movie, but I thought he'd be alive to see it too.

Btw, the Crow comparisons really hit me too. Spooky.

R.I.P. Heath

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 06:13 AM
TheMercurial is currently offline Click here to Send TheMercurial a Private Message Find more posts by TheMercurial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TraXtaRCR3

Couldn't Agree More!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 06:21 AM
TraXtaRCR3 is currently offline Click here to Send TraXtaRCR3 a Private Message Find more posts by TraXtaRCR3 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I'm still stunned. I remember when the guy at work told me I thought he was joking and I was like that's a cruel joke. He's a big Batman fan too and he and I have discussed a lot about the Dark Knight so I was just floored. I had to go look it up myself to see. To this moment I'm still waiting for them to retract it...say it's all made up.
you got your wish! jk

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 07:26 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I can't even watch the Dark Knight trailers right now.

Just so hard to accept he is gone. It seems so unreal...wow.
It does seem unreal, im like waiting for him to pop back up on camera.... this sucks

TGFwashere

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 07:27 AM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
As for the future Bat-films, Joker probably wasn't slated to be in them. An annoying (and foolish) mistake directors make on comic movies is to assume "we need a new villain for the next movie- the audience will want a new one". When will they realize that with good characters and good writing, the audience will want to see MORE of the villain (think Darth Vader). Two stupid mistakes movies have to cut out:
1. Revealing the heroes secret identity to ALL the main characters
(does anyone in the Spidey movies not know he's Parker by now?)
2. Stop killing the villain.
Anyway, real drag about Heath Ledger.

Well they did'nt kill off the scarecrow roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

and who's to say "they will" have the joker in the next movie all they have to do is find someone that at least looks like the heath ledger joker.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 07:56 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Ive been thinking about this all day at work, and I havent even seen any of his movies! He's not the type of guy you'd suspect of just dropping dead...28yr old, has a daughter, pretty much in his prime, nice guy, not all over the media with drink driving, drug taking etc, and yet we have idiots like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Amy Winehouse taking up oxygen for no reason....**** me.

I hope he doesnt get over praised for his Joker part, he looks awesome in the trailer granted, but they're bound to give him an award 'just cause he's dead'.

Last edited by Hazardous on Jan 23rd, 2008 at 08:02 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 07:58 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

Originally posted by OB1-adobe
I hope the dark knight didn't end on a cliff hanger

I'm assuming that if they did, it would have been just a really quick thing that could be fixed in editing.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 08:04 AM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SelinaAndBruce

Originally posted by Mairuzu
you got your wish! jk

Well I never wanted Heath not in the role of the Joker. My only complaint was his make up. Overall I never had a problem with him. I liked his acting I just thought the character looked like crap...and even though he is dead I still think the Joker looks crappy.

Selina: No darker than yours, Bruce

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 08:51 AM
SelinaAndBruce is currently offline Click here to Send SelinaAndBruce a Private Message Find more posts by SelinaAndBruce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

"Ive been thinking about this all day at work, and I havent even seen any of his movies! He's not the type of guy you'd suspect of just dropping dead...28yr old, has a daughter, pretty much in his prime, nice guy, not all over the media with drink driving, drug taking etc, and yet we have idiots like Britney Spears, Lindsay Lohan and Amy Winehouse taking up oxygen for no reason....**** me."

sad

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 11:58 AM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Just found out... damn... he seemed so young too...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:09 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Neo Darkhalen
Mission zero

28, he said he could not sleep during TDK, and he lived alone in an apartment for a moth, I think he had sleeping tablets to help him sleep, perhaps had a whisky or something; had a few to many, what a shame, I am sure the Joker would have put him on the map for sure.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 12:44 PM
Neo Darkhalen is currently offline Click here to Send Neo Darkhalen a Private Message Find more posts by Neo Darkhalen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

i have a feeling that TDK will be a different movie than the one we would've seen i Heath was alive, for some reason.

Like there're gonna be some changes. And we may never know about it. Too friken bad. Unless the director tells on the dvd. The films' definitely gonna be dedicated to Heath and that other tech-guy that got killed on the set.

rip heath aka the silent rebel

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:13 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Warner Bros. issues a statement:

"The studio is stunned and devastated by this tragic news. The entertainment community has lost an enormous talent. Heath was a brilliant actor and an exceptional person. Our hearts go out to his family and friends."

1/22/08

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2008 02:28 PM