KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rambo

Rambo
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by erikko
any news about the fifth installment of Rambo?

Sly has said that this Rambo was it for him. If the studio wishes than they would reboot the franchise with someone else as John Rambo

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jan 31st, 2008 08:32 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

i just got back from seeing this actually. loved the violence. there are a few wtf moments, but pretty realistic. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: when rambo was manning the machine gun... holy shit. school boy kicked ass... he needs his own movie.

and was it just me or did sly have fat fingers... i mean FAT fingers.

Old Post Feb 1st, 2008 10:03 AM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bigtuna

i'm really looking forward to this. I loved First Blood, and even though i hated both sequels, i still had high hopes for this.

If i ever make it as a director, i want to remake First Blood, but make it more faithful to the novel. The book had a million times more violence and gore than First Blood and the first two sequels combined.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2008 12:14 AM
bigtuna is currently offline Click here to Send bigtuna a Private Message Find more posts by bigtuna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Old Post Feb 4th, 2008 06:20 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rajendra
just hanging around

'm getting bored seeing this movie again, I don't think this could be more interesting than the first one.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2008 07:37 PM
Rajendra is currently offline Click here to Send Rajendra a Private Message Find more posts by Rajendra Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

Ive been waiting for this movie.,

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 06:16 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
apparently Sly still has it.

It's more about its viewers still having an appreciation for nostalgia, really.

Sly barely has motor skills, much less "it" with regards to filmmaking.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 8th, 2008 06:29 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It's more about its viewers still having an appreciation for nostalgia, really.

Sly barely has motor skills, much less "it" with regards to filmmaking.

-AC
"It" meaning he is still a draw at the theatre. I take it you have never seen Sly in a non action movie, his acting isnt that bad.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 12:55 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"It" meaning he is still a draw at the theatre. I take it you have never seen Sly in a non action movie, his acting isnt that bad.

I know what you mean, and it's not that he's a draw, it's that he finally clocked onto nostalgia, and others bought it. If he had "it", he wouldn't have faded into nothingness.

The only other good movie he's ever been in, and been good in, is Copland.

I say "other", I don't know why. He hasn't been good in anything else.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:02 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

apart from rocky

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Feb 10th, 2008 04:23 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know what you mean, and it's not that he's a draw, it's that he finally clocked onto nostalgia, and others bought it. If he had "it", he wouldn't have faded into nothingness.

The only other good movie he's ever been in, and been good in, is Copland.

I say "other", I don't know why. He hasn't been good in anything else.

-AC
whats that movie where he is a mob boss trying to go clean and his daughter is getting married to a banker? it has Chazz Palamenteri in it and Vincent Perez in it. Sly was good in that one.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 12:40 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:18 AM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deano
apart from rocky

I never saw why people liked that movie.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 04:25 PM
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

Apart from Demolition man, Tango & Cash, Cliffhanger, Assassins.....

I suppose its a matter of taste, you donīt go and watch Stallone if you appreciate Shakespeare type acting, if you like action then Stallone, Schwarzenegger & co are a good bet.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 05:29 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mairuzu
Old School Cool

that sniper guy was badass

TGFwashere

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 05:36 PM
Mairuzu is currently offline Click here to Send Mairuzu a Private Message Find more posts by Mairuzu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

I liked the new Rambo flick, it was kinda off the chain in places, good effects, well shot, stallones face of melted wax, lots of blood and guts, could have done with more of a denouement but good entertainment.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 05:55 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by Bicnarok
I suppose it's a matter of taste. You don't go and watch Stallone if you appreciate Shakespeare type acting. If you like action then Stallone, Schwarzenegger, & co. are a good bet.

Good point.

What I find shallow is how some people regard the others as stupid or low for watching and or maybe even liking a movie like the latest Rambo flick just because the film isn't Shakespearean in manner.

Forget that. It was Shakesperean in action.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 06:36 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't think people are stupid or low for liking it, I think it's stupid and low to confuse a movie being good, with the viewer being hyped by nostalgia. It's like people who were young when Doom came out saying "It's better than all these new FPS games.", it's not, clearly.

If Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it wouldn't have got anywhere near the acclaim.

If you like it because of nostalgia, fine, but it is what it is.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Last edited by Alpha Centauri on Feb 11th, 2008 at 07:52 PM

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 07:49 PM
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never saw why people liked that movie.

-AC
you serious? Its the ultimate guy movie.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:17 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

you serious? Its the ultimate guy movie.

That's kind of my point, I've never bought into that kind of bs.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:23 PM