KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Rambo

Rambo
Started by: FistOfThe North

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
That's kind of my point, I've never bought into that kind of bs.

-AC
so movies like Rocky, Ryans song, Rudy, you dont get into that whole male bonding crack open a sixer experience?

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:39 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
papabeard
tHe RiVeRmaN

If Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it wouldn't have got anywhere near the acclaim.

-AC

No, but it would still be what it is, and it is sweet, sweet trash.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:39 PM
papabeard is currently offline Click here to Send papabeard a Private Message Find more posts by papabeard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chillmeistergen
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
so movies like Rocky, Ryans song, Rudy, you dont get into that whole male bonding crack open a sixer experience?

People who need a certain of genre of film, to bond with their friends are a bit of a joke.

"All morons hate it when you call them a moron." - Holden Caulfield

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:40 PM
chillmeistergen is currently offline Click here to Send chillmeistergen a Private Message Find more posts by chillmeistergen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by chillmeistergen
People who need a certain of genre of film, to bond with their friends are a bit of a joke.
I never said I made a habit of doing it, but I can understand why some guys get drawn into it. I tend to watch movies alone anyway. Easier to focus on the movie that way.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:45 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

No, because I find beer gross, and find the herd mentality of "If you're a guy, you must like certain things." to be completely idiotic.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:47 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, because I find beer gross, and find the herd mentality of "If you're a guy, you must like certain things." to be completely idiotic.

-AC
I never bought into it either, but I wouldnt call it idiotic. Different people are into different things, thats all.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 08:53 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I said the idea that being a guy automatically makes you feel you have to like certain things is idiotic.

Not those specific things themselves.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:15 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree. I get made fun of all the time for some of ths shit I like, movies I watch.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:23 PM
FistOfThe North

I don't think people are stupid or low for liking it, I think it's stupid and low to confuse a movie being good, with the viewer being hyped by nostalgia. It's like people who were young when Doom came out saying "It's better than all these new FPS games.", it's not, clearly.

If Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it wouldn't have got anywhere near the acclaim.

If you like it because of nostalgia, fine, but it is what it is.

-AC

This new Rambo was a good action movie. Is someone stupid in saying that?

And you must be crazy to assume i think early doom was better than Doom 3, lol. Doom 3 and mostly all current FPS kick the living shite outta 99% of past FPS. In fact i'm only into the newest FPS if they're good.

And if Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it still would've been a kick ass action movie. Sure it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the acclaim because it'd lack the starpower Stallone would bring because his popular connection with the film still would've been a kick ass action movie. One i would've still watched. Cause it looked raw and gory as hell.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:26 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
This new Rambo was a good action movie. Is someone stupid in saying that?

No, I just disagree.

And you must be crazy to assume i think early doom was better than Doom 3, lol. Doom 3 and mostly all current FPS kick the living shite outta 99% of past FPS. In fact i'm only into the newest FPS if they're good.

Kudos to you, I love Doom, but some people take nostalgia too far. I prefer playing Doom to Halo, but Halo is clearly superior overall.

And if Rambo was a new, un-franchised movie with an unknown actor, it still would've been a kick ass action movie. Sure it wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the acclaim because it'd lack the starpower Stallone would bring because his popular connection with the film still would've been a kick ass action movie. One i would've still watched. Cause it looked raw and gory as hell.

So you agree, then.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 09:34 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I saw Rambo last Saturday night and it was pretty bad ass. I was never a huge fan of the other Rambo movies and I'm not the biggest Stallone fan, so therefore I did not go see it for nostalgic purposes. As far as an action flick, I thought it delivered. The violence was artfully done. The shots where limbs go flying off and blood splatters in every direction were great. This movie really sets up the bad guys as people who you really want to see die, therefore watching Rambo and the other soldiers kill them was very satisfying. Worth seeing? Yes. I even liked it better than Cloverfield.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2008 11:03 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Just saw it and I loved it...

Again, another well made movie from Sly to complete a series.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 05:00 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

I've watched its movie trailer and I find it very awesome., and from that I'm planning to watch it.,

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 06:13 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheFunkyApe

I wasn't going to see this movie until almost everyone on here convinced me I have to see it. Now I will definitely have to sit down and watch it. i am excited eek!

You can also find the link on my blog to download my excel invisibles movie quizzes!

My online store:
www.TheFunkyApe.com

Old Post Feb 12th, 2008 07:42 PM
TheFunkyApe is currently offline Click here to Send TheFunkyApe a Private Message Find more posts by TheFunkyApe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FistOfThe North

Originally posted by TheFunkyApe
I wasn't going to see this movie until almost everyone on here convinced me I have to see it. Now I will definitely have to sit down and watch it. i am excited eek!

Yea, go watch it. You'll like it.

It's a kick a$$ action movie. It's definetely not for the faint of heart, so buckle up.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 03:27 AM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

People die!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 06:11 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Gotta love Stallone's outlook on this movie.

"People find war glamourous, this shows that it's not.".

Of course, in his ever infinite wisdom, he chose to show that war is not fun, a game or glamourous by filming a movie in which armies get blown apart by a man on his own who can barely form a coherent sentance.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 07:09 AM
regina414

Originally posted by Rajendra
i don't think I will like this movie,I've seen the trailer before and Stallone seems to be too old to make another Rambo, IMO he wasn't fit for the film already.

Among the young actors today, who do you think is fit for the part?

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 02:47 PM
regina414 is currently offline Click here to Send regina414 a Private Message Find more posts by regina414 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Why would SLY give his baby over to another actor? when he started it and wants to end it on a good note.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 05:03 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
faithxp

regina414 A wrestler star may do., Just like Batista.,

Old Post Feb 13th, 2008 06:08 PM
faithxp is currently offline Click here to Send faithxp a Private Message Find more posts by faithxp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote