KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » The Pre-Crisis Supergirl Respect Thread

The Pre-Crisis Supergirl Respect Thread
Started by: bluewaterrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bluewaterrider

I really, REALLY wish there were a special guide to message posting here in regards to images. I'd describe the problem, but, 12 minutes have passed since my posting of the original content, and the editing deadline is 15...

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Jul 30th, 2009 at 12:10 AM

Old Post Jul 29th, 2009 11:57 PM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Thanks!

No, it's the year 2002 all throughout the storyline being showcased.

I was trying to say that the Kara Zor-el we see in 1959 is the same one featured here.

It's just kind of hard to properly describe the specifics of a DC character when the work they're in includes retcons, history changes, time travel and dimension-hopping.

Image 3 of 7.

oh, yeah lol...

I really, REALLY wish there were a special guide to message posting here in regards to images. I'd describe the problem, but, 12 minutes have passed since my posting of the original content, and the editing deadline is 15...

aye, 15 is the max. why do you attach the pics, though? why not use photobucket or imageshack?

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:17 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Bah... no matter...

I hate that, though.

See, each full page of a thread in this forum is 20 posts long exactly.

I essentially measured myself out 8 image posts to complete the page so I could start this 10th page as a specially marked blank slate.
Then somebody posted to compliment this thread, which was real cool and all, but messed up the count. And the flow of the last image with the previous MHR (i.e.Many Happy Returns) submissions. That ends with Peter David's Linda Lee asking "Now can we move on?" To which a great response would have been:

"Exactly what I intend to do --
-- as soon as I clean up this dirty mess!"

But it didn't flow anymore! So I had to edit the image.
And now, unfortunately, Kara will sound grammar-challenged...

(Image 7 of 7)

Attachment: sf 168. grammar challenged kara..jpg
This has been downloaded 87 time(s).

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:34 AM
bluewaterrider is currently offline Click here to Send bluewaterrider a Private Message Find more posts by bluewaterrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

Hey, PR, please note: My message above this very message of mine is NOT a direct response to your message above it.

This particular one is.

The answer to "Why don't you use Photobucket or Imageshack?"

is that I have found that Photobucket links break easily.

As for Imageshack, they not only break but are affiliated with groups like ImageVenue which randomly host questionable advertising and/or ask viewers to register for their services.

I want people to be able to look at what I'm providing here for a long time to come with no strings attached.

Seems the best way to do that is to use the KMC resources themselves.

Last edited by bluewaterrider on Jul 30th, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 12:40 AM
bluewaterrider

Alright.

As this is page 10, I thought it would be a good idea to collate some of the top feats I've posted.

For anyone who wants citations, please note that everything that appears here appears with proper references
(or SHOULD -- tell me if it doesn't please!)
earlier in this thread.

There'll be nine of them, and they will all be single images.

Note that I plan to make minor image edits for the sake of completeness here.

(You'll be able to see what, if any, changes are made today by simply searching the issue title number of each submission and finding its earlier posting. As I'm pressed for time tonight, if they don't upload properly in the next few minutes, I'll continue this project at the next opportunity.)

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 01:01 AM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:43 AM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:44 AM
bluewaterrider

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:44 AM
bluewaterrider

Page 11 Favorite Strength Feats Format:

Description.

Story Title.

Source.

Writer.

Artist(s).

Where originally found in this thread, often under what tag.

Supplemental Wikia link, currently showing reference information, what cover of original comic book looks/looked like, and, in most cases, a synopsis of the story itself.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:50 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hey, PR, please note: My message above this very message of mine is NOT a direct response to your message above it.

This particular one is.

The answer to "Why don't you use Photobucket or Imageshack?"

is that I have found that Photobucket links break easily.

As for Imageshack, they not only break but are affiliated with groups like ImageVenue which randomly host questionable advertising and/or ask viewers to register for their services.

I want people to be able to look at what I'm providing here for a long time to come with no strings attached.

Seems the best way to do that is to use the KMC resources themselves.

ah, i see what you mean.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:51 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bluewaterrider

test of http format for page re-direction

(url=http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=477038&pagenumber=4] page 4 [/url]

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:52 AM
bluewaterrider

Hmm.

I see that "http" format does not work in this forum...

I guess I don't know enough about whatever code KMC uses to program phrases as links here...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 12:55 AM
bluewaterrider

Since I don't know how to make words into links on this forum,
whereby I could, say, write "page 4" down here, and someone could
simply click that blue "page 4" and actually GET to page 4, let me see how the direct "out there" way of doing it looks:

Click this link to go to page 4:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=4

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:09 AM
bluewaterrider

I can't get quite what I want; I'll do the next best thing and create a "teleport" post.

If nothing else, it'll give me something I can "copy and paste" from if I try to link the feats on the upcoming page 11 to their proper pages in this thread. I'll start with page 5, since pages 1 through 4 of any thread are easy to link to from the general respect thread list:

Page 5:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=5
Page 6:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=6
Page 7:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=7
Page 8:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=8
Page 9:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...mp;pagenumber=9

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:23 AM
bluewaterrider

IMAGES RESUME ON PAGE 11.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:30 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

like this?

Page 4

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:32 AM
bluewaterrider

Huh.

Duplicate messages are corrected for and discarded automatically, hey?

Not bad...

I also discovered, just a little earlier tonight, that posters are not allowed to post more frequently than 1 message every 10 seconds.

I can see that those would be good safeguards under general conditions.

Right now, though, such serves only to frustrate my effort to get a new blank page and improve my thread's presentation.

Otherwise, I'd simply type five "SKIP TO PAGE 11" messages and be done with it...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:39 AM
bluewaterrider

Originally posted by -Pr-
like this?

Page 4

Hey, yeah!

That's EXACTLY what I meant, Pr!

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:41 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hey, yeah!

That's EXACTLY what I meant, Pr!

i think you might have used the wrong bracket or something. happens to the best of us.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:44 AM
bluewaterrider

Well, I thought I could simply pare away the non "page 4", "url=" and "http" elements of your message and reproduce what you did, but it doesn't seem to work.

Hey, wait -- your "wrong brackets" might be a clue.
I see in the "Options" section that "Automatically parse URLs" is checked.

Maybe if I UNcheck that box, then...

Page 4

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 01:50 AM