KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 31 32 [33] 34 35 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Well, Lets take that leap and enter into the room

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 05:57 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

You step into the darkness... and find yourself in the foyer of the mansion. It smells deeply of dust and damp; you imagine that the man who owns this did not take time to keep up with his housekeeping. Your boots sink into a moldy throw rug, and the hardwood floor creaks beneath your feet.

Directly ahead of you, the foyer stretches out a short distance, an empty space until the stairwell. Rather than a grand double staircase or something equally formal and impressive, the staircase ascends to the right, then doubles back to the left before reaching a second floor.

On the stairwell itself, you see three figures that you recognize quickly, even in the gloom- the trio of Jenet who guarded the temporary home of the Jenet Elder. Shorty snaps his snub-nosed pistols out of their docker's clutches, Biggy menacingly charges up his handheld cannon, and Slim rests the bipod of his sniper rifle on the balustrade.

At the very top of the stairs, stands Lord Fenring, resplendent in his black robes. He draws the hood back, and you see his sharp grin that somehow makes him look paler.

"My my, the Jedi Order never ceases to be utterly predictable!" Quam Ak-toh laughs. "I kidnap your student, you come running to the rescue. I must say, I didn't expect you to rally the troops. Not confident in your own abilities, Master Jedi?" He tosses a lightsaber from hand to hand. "I would applaud you figuring it out, but, as you can see, I've got my hands full."

He holds up the lightsaber almost apologetically. It's Sunda's.

"A fine weapon! Designed after your own, no doubt."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2015 06:24 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"I have no need to show off. This isn't about a test of egos. You only have one choice. Surrender now and release Sunda."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 10:01 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"Ah, you're one of the straight-laced ones," Quam sighs. He shakes his head. "What makes you think I'm inclined to surrender? As far as I'm aware, you're not winning the fight in the city."

He throws the hilt of Sunda's lightsaber down to you. He then hoists up a blaster rifle hanging from a strap over his shoulder. It looks like a matte black Tommy Gun, complete with a drum-clip-style super-charge pack.

"You won't win this one."

Old Post Jun 14th, 2015 10:50 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Are you so sure? I know your kind. I was there when Kuylen failed, I have seen what the dark side can do. It is self-destructive. The fight in the city will soon be under control. You cannot hope to win."

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 02:16 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Quam momentarily loses his words when you mention Kuylen, giving your father an opportunity to get a word in to you.

"We'll handle the Jenet, you go straight for him," Gabriel says. He taps his comlink. "On my mark..."

Quam recovers. "You equate me to a fool like Kuylen? I don't think you..."

"Now!" Gabriel says, and the foyer becomes an explosion of light and sound as the CorSec agent back out in the [i]Spirit of Corellia[i] fires the topside turret through the high windows. At the same time, Gabriel and his CorSec forces start blasting away at the cross-back stairway. The Jenet return fire, with Quam offering a few bursts before slinking off...

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 05:49 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I will run at the stairway, aiming to jump over the Jenet and up to where Quam was, to give chase.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 03:17 PM
REXXXX
Networking

To clear the stairwell in one mighty leap will require a Great Leap. Otherwise, it will come to a difficult Leaping roll as you jump the stairs and three heavily-armed Jenet warriors.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2015 08:57 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I think I still have the full cadre of force points right?

Cinematic necessity demands it! Great Leap!

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 05:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

This will put you at 4 Force Points remaining.

You take a running start and jump just as the Jenet trio return fire, getting clear of the barrage before they can target you. With that bound, you touch down on the railing atop the stairwell, perform a neat front flip, and land where Quam stood moments before.

The big Jenet beneath you turns to shoot you with his BFG.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 06:42 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

(Totally worth it. So much cooler than going up the stairs.)

Coordination and running through the door, hopefully out of the blast area.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2015 02:56 PM
REXXXX
Networking

The BFG is an energy-based Heavy Weapon. He rolls two successes, vaporizing the balustrade next to you and forcing Slim to dive out of the way himself. You take 6 damage from the blast but move clear.

You now have a long hallway ahead of you and the stairs behind, with the sniper Jenet near you and Quam dashing down to the end of the hall.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2015 08:50 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Is the sniper close enough that if I just run away from him he'll get a free attack?

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 11:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

No, but he and Quam can both get their shots in before you reach the end of the hall.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2015 11:40 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Additional question.
Is Quam a fully Named Character? If so, I'll use Coordination and Dash, to hopefully make my run and defense easier.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 07:03 PM
REXXXX
Networking

He is most definitely a Named Character! He is a Dark Jedi under the Fallen template.

Coordination will help but both shooters have above-average dice pools for their Guns skill. You may wish to consider doing more, unless Roan wants to risk it.

Dash will give Quam less shooting opportunities. Slim has Eagle Eye and a scoped rifle, he ignores range penalties.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 08:33 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'll call out to Gabe, and have him target Slim this turn. I'll also use Evade on Slim to halve his pool.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2015 10:30 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Noted!

Roan becomes a flurry of motion as he moves down the hall.

Firstly, his Dash. He passes the check and closes in on Quam.

Next, the sniper. Slim tries to shoot him from behind, but Roan's instincts kick in. Evade halves the sniper's Guns pool and Orthodox Guard drops it further, to three dice. He misses!

Then, Quam. The Dark Jedi taps 10,000 Bolts, trying to gun down his Jedi assailant in a burst of lasers. He scores two hits for a total of 11 damage, then misses on his third shot.

The overall effect is Roan making a mad dash down the corridor, rapidly deflecting lasers from Quam's volley and then sidestepping instinctively when the sniper's bolt whisks down the hall after him. Quam strafes the incoming bolt as well, and with you having closed rapidly, the Dark Jedi disappears into a connecting hallway.

You reach the end of the hall. The heated gun battle continues behind you; the sniper turns his attention to it.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2015 04:29 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I will continue my chase!

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2015 05:05 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Chasing Quam leads you into a series of connecting corridors, progressing deeper into the mansion. Quam stays just ahead of you, a flutter of black robes in these dark halls. It takes all your speed and focus to track him.

Eventually, you reach the bottom of a stairwell that Quam just climbed. From the top of the stairs, Quam turns to offer short but accurate burst fire. With the high ground his and the stairwell narrow, it could prove effective. Does Roan follow or take cover?

Old Post Jul 4th, 2015 04:16 AM