KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 34 35 [36] 37 38 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Naw, lets go for it.

Strong Strength to bring my lightsaber down on his while he tries to run me through and then put my shoulder into him, sending him backwards.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 03:03 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

The hum and crash of lightsabers connecting echoes through the hall. It comes close, but Quam did not expect this surge of strength from you. His attempt at a refined thrust fails when you force both your blades into the polished floor and aggressively knock him back.

Your Strong Strength beats his Strong Dexterity by only a point, and you're not clear yet.

--

Roan - 3

Quam - 4

--

Roan to attack. Match point to Quam.

Last edited by REXXXX on Sep 20th, 2015 at 04:09 PM

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 11:14 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Shouldn't it be 3-4? it was 2-4 last turn. Aka not match point anymore?

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 06:57 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Whoops! You're correct that it's 3-4. Still, if you lose the next round, that would be the match.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2015 04:09 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Alright, lets be bold or irrational.
Time to save Sunda.
I will play a Normal Strength, again trying to overpower Quam with a strong overhead blow.

The only way I can lose this (if my renewed calculations are right) is if he plays a Strong Strength, in which case I would call shenanigans, as thats at minimum 6 strong cards in 2 turns.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2015 10:47 PM
REXXXX
Networking

I will call that neither bold nor irrational, but well reasoned. Quam played his strongest feats against you to finish this quickly.

Quam decides to meet strength with strength. But, as you expected, he isn't quite ready for your come back. He regains his footing from your shoulder barge just in time to bring his blade up. You smash down on his guard and continue pushing him back. He opts to give enough ground to truly revive his posture.

Round draw as each total at 14. Point goes to attacker.

--

Roan - 4

Quam - 4

--

Quam to attack! He raises his lightsaber in a two-handed guard and firmly catches the tip of your blade with his own. He then starts to twist your saber back against you.

Last edited by REXXXX on Oct 19th, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2015 11:53 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I'm gonna go Weak Strength to try to push back his blade lock.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 03:36 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The sabers grind fiercely between you both, the Jedi and the Dark Jedi dangerously close to the super-heated plasma of their own weapons...

"You've fought valiantly, Jedi," Quam sneers, green and purple lights playing across his pale face. "But you won't win this fight."

You halt his attempt to twist your blade halfway through the maneuver, the two of you standing face-to-face over the sparks.

"The Dark Side gives me strength," Quam continues. The blades start to tilt toward you again... and you break the lock, stepping back before he can skewer you.

Round draw again, as Quam picked a Normal Strength and won by a point.

--

Roan - 4

Quam - 5

--

Match point to Quam. Roan to attack.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 03:55 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Isn't it a re-pick round?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:03 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Only four moves played out of six. You have one more move to make before a new set is drawn.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:04 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Damn, then I screwed up and have to flee.
Because I would lose to any Dex he has. For me to win this round he would have to play a normal or weak strength. But knowing I ran out of Strengths, he should (if he were logical and I have to assume he is, he would play even a weak Dex, counting on it to counter my agility).
Aka. I should have either picked 3 and 3, or played my agility last turn.

Whelp, time to run and go find Sunda.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:13 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Then you attempt to flee!

As such, the score resets as Roan attempts to get away from the vicious Quam and find his Padawan. You play your remaining move as normal (which does indeed mean I will redraw). The first to score two points wins the fleeing scenario. If Roan wins, he has fled the duel. If Quam wins, he drags Roan back into the fight to finish the duel...

--

Roan - 0

Quam - 0

--

Roan to flee!

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 04:45 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Then I'll play my normal Agility to try to flip my way out of the duel.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 02:23 PM
REXXXX
Networking

As anticipated, Quam plays a Weak Dexterity. Rather than chase you down and expend his own energy, he relies on the Force to foul up your acrobatic attempt to escape. He gestures at a row of artifacts and they hurtle in your path. This causes you to fall short on your leaps, in order to avoid taking a beating.

His Weak Dexterity beats your Normal Agility, 16 to 14.

--

Roan - 0

Quam - 1

--

Please select your next six moves.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 08:53 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

3 Strength and 3 Agility.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2015 09:13 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Not the greatest draw.

Weak Strength
Weak Strength
Strong Strength
Weak Agility
Strong Agility
Weak Agility

--

Your flight interrupted by kinetic attack, Quam takes advantage and now charges after you, intending to keep you off balance with relentless strikes and prevent you from leaving.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2015 08:07 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Yea, man that's terrible.
I'll use a Strong Strength to get away.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2015 10:55 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Quam had counted on wearing you down, his style committed to expending little of his own energy while sapping you of yours. Refined, precise movements, as opposed to the heavy-handed slashes and evasive flips you have used against him. But here, his specialization exposes him.

You catch his blade on an attack and, throwing your strength into the blow, manage to knock his saber away and kick him back from you.

--

Roan - 1

Quam - 1

--

Roan to flee! Better make this one count...

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 03:02 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Strong Agility.
Hoping that Quam is expecting another strong blow, Roan feigns a hard slash, and then quickly spins around Quam, aiming to end up behind him.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2015 02:34 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Instead of attempting to recover his lightsaber, Quam seizes a plinth with the Force and hurls it toward you. However, Quam expected you to stand firm and deflect it with your saber. The feint at such works; he does not manipulate the plinth as finely as he could have, and you spin clear of it. The plinth crashes and splinters the polished tiles, and you dash away as Quam recovers his footing.

Your Strong Agility beats his Strong Strength, 17-15.

The duel ends, and Roan flees into the mansion. You have a head start, but you can sense Quam giving pursuit. I need your plan for finding Sunda before Quam finds you.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2015 07:33 PM