KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home

STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Home
Started by: REXXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (39): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Thank you very much. I'm sorry my briefing was rather quick, could you elaborate on the situation here?"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 05:45 AM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

"I would, but I know someone who would rather do it more," Valru says, leading you farther back into the complex. The place is bustling with activity as CorSec officers rush back and forth, shoving criminals towards the cells, dropping off papers and evidence here and there, consulting with each other, etcetera, etcetera. You wonder if it is always this busy.

Finally, Valru stops in front of a door. A marker reads:

Office of the Commissioner
Officer Gabriel Trilanger

Old Post Apr 16th, 2008 06:01 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Roan stops and takes a deep breath.
Then he reaches forward and knocks.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2008 08:29 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

There is a moment of silence, then someone calls "Come in," from beyond the door.

Old Post Apr 22nd, 2008 01:59 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

I will open the door and enter the office.

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 02:34 AM
REXXXX
Networking

The office within would be considered spartan if it were not for the shelves of holo-tapes that line the walls and the desk that sits at the center. Each tape glows a dull green, made pale due to the singular lamp lighting the room from the desk.

Behind the desk sits a man who is undoubtedly Gabriel Trilanger, the head of CorSec and your father. He wears the traditional uniform of the CorSec officer, except his vest is not orange but dark green. His hair has gone gray at the temples but is otherwise thick and dark, as is his goatee. Definitely in better shape than most men his age, as betrayed by the sturdy build of his arms.

He sets down a datapad just as you enter and slides on a pair of spectacles, looking up to you with stern but tired eyes. It takes him a moment, but when he recognizes you, a smile comes to his face.

"Roan Trilanger," he says. "Well met, my boy."

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 04:32 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Thank you, How are you doing?"

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2008 10:49 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"I could say that I'm fine, but I'd be lying," he says, not moving from his seat. "And nothing good comes from lying to a Jedi, no matter how trivial it is. I'm not sick or anything, but I haven't slept a wink this week. You could say you're here to help me with my sleeping problems."

He looks past you, to Sky and Sunda. "Three of you? Excellent. Certainly more than I asked for. Good to know that the Jedi Order still likes us, even after the Purin Scandal last year..."

"Gabe," Officer Valru says, cutting him short.

"Right." Gabe pauses. "Wait, they sent us a kid?" He is looking at Sunda quizzically.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 03:55 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"This is Sunda, he is my padawan learner, and he is as capable as any. And I hope I could help you with the problem...Although I must apologize, I have not been properly briefed, what does seem to be the issue here?"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 04:35 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"Ah, yes. The Chancellor alerted me that the Order had decided to leave briefing up to me, since I know it better than anyone, even the Diktat. I'm grateful for that. So... Roan, do you know any Old Corellian?"

If you had been brought up on Corellia, Roan, you might know it better. As it stands, you have little use for it outside of Corellia, but you might know a bit... but the Language roll says you don't know enough for what Gabe asks next.

"Do you know what the phrase 'Uhl Chirq Uldyr' means?"

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 05:25 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Unfortunately, I do not."
(and if you can't tell Roan is really awkward abou calling this man father.)

Old Post Apr 24th, 2008 11:51 PM
REXXXX
Networking

It is difficult for a Jedi such as yourself to have any connection to their family, whether they have met them or not. You have never looked up to his man or learned from him. It would be more likely for you to call your Master 'the father you never had.'

"It translates to 'The Red Rain,'" he says, matter-of-factly. "Here on Corellia, it has long been associated with crime-related deaths, usually multiple deaths, ranging from cases of serial killing to acts of mass murder to open gang warfare. Currently, the problem we're having on Corellia, especially in Coronet, is the latter.

"Over the millenia that Corellia has been inhabited, there have always been criminal organizations that spring up calling themselves The Red Rain or some equivalent in a variety of languages. The idea is that it is a threatening name and people would let them be. Unfortunately for them, CorSec has always been there to end such open threats.

"However, at the moment, we've got a problem with a criminal cell in Coronet calling itself The Red Rain. They started out small, but somehow they've become much more of a threat to planetary security."

Old Post Apr 25th, 2008 05:52 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"Interesting, Why is that?"

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 12:18 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"For about a month now, they've been issuing open threats to the goverment. Before we would have had a laugh about it, shot someone, made some arrests, and come back to the break room for drinks. But... this is different."

Gabe taps at a keyboard on his desk and a holographic displayer rises from a slot on the desktop. The recording he shows you features dozens of armed thugs thrusting assault rifles into the air, vaguely reminscent in garb of Middle Eastern soldiers.

"They may have had a pretty figure in numbers before, but now they're being open about the size of their 'army,' as the media's calling it. Also of concern is where they got all the guns."

"Not normal for street scum to be packing military-grade blasters," Valru cuts in. "And don't forget the assassination attempts, Gabe."

"Yeah, those. We've had four attempts on the Diktat's life in the past week." Gabe brings up a recording of Valru taking the 'bullet' for the Diktat in the shoulder while Gabe himself annihilates the would-be assassin with a well-placed shot through the heart. "That was the most recent."

"Bacta or not," Valru comments, rubbing his shoulder. "It still stings."

Old Post Apr 30th, 2008 06:55 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"That is getting serious, what can we do to help?"

Old Post May 3rd, 2008 02:37 PM
REXXXX
Networking

"We've got something in mind," Gabe says.

He brings up holograms of two people.

The first is a stately, older man. His hair is neatly combed, but unmistakeably white. He wears a emerald green cloak that is pinned to his right shoulder by a jewel-encrusted brooch, covering his left side. Beneath he wears a evening mess uniform, with a dark green vest underneath a white jacket. He resembles Derek Jacobi.

The second is a middle-aged woman with shoulder-length red hair and clear blue eyes. She wears an emerald green sheath dress with a tan denim jacket that stops just below her breasts. She resembles Kate Walsh.

"The first guy is the Corellian Senator, Com Fordox. The second is the Corellian Diktat, Shyla Merricope. Our political leaders."

Gabe brings up the recording the shooting, with Valru getting hit and Gabe destroying the shooter. He zooms in on the figure behind Valru; sure enough, it is Diktat Merricope seeking shelter in the landspeeder that her, Valru, and Gabe were riding in.

"As I said, assassination attempts have been made. Red Rain really wasn't much of a threat before. Mostly petty theft, the occasional robbery or murder, that kind of thing. Laughable stuff, compared to now. Now they're demanding that Corellia secede from the Republic. So far they haven't pulled anything serious... but they're threatening. We've made arrests during their armed marches in the streets, but they usually scatter when we show up.

"The thing is, a lot of our manpower is being dedicated to protecting the Diktat and the Senator. That's where you can help."

Old Post May 4th, 2008 11:50 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"You would like me to help protect the Diktat and Senator?"

Old Post May 6th, 2008 03:15 AM
REXXXX
Networking

"That's the ticket!" Gabe replies. "Leaving our politicians in your care will free up a great deal of CorSec officers to sweep the city for Red Rain."

"The Diktat will stay in the Capital Building," Valru informs you, as Gabe brings up a display of the ominous rectangular structure. "Merricope refuses to abandon her imperiled world. Under your care, she will be safe there."

"What of Senator Fordox?" Sky asks.

"Senator Fordox will seek refuge on Coruscant," Gabe replies.

Last edited by REXXXX on May 7th, 2008 at 06:15 AM

Old Post May 6th, 2008 03:27 AM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

"And I take it Corsec has taken all the nessesary security measures to ensure there are no bugs or other items in her house..."

(this seems oddly like a star wars book I once read.)

Old Post May 7th, 2008 04:53 AM
REXXXX
Networking

Does it now? Which one?

-

"You bet," Gabe replies. "The Capital Building is lined with CorSec sensors to detect any foreign systems or intruders not registered with the structure's security computers. Speaking of which, we'll have to get those identification chips implanted..." He shuts down the holographic display on his desk, relaxing in his chair.

"So, think you're up for this, then?" Gabe asks.

"I assure you that the Diktat will be quite safe under our watch," Sky says. "The Force is with us."

"That's excellent news. Now, about those..."

Roan, your danger sense triggers. Something is happening. Something terrible. A sound starts in the distance, but it feels so close, so dangerously close... a high-pitched whine crescendos sharply then is cut off with a loud mechanical whoosh... followed by the roar of a tremendous explosion, followed by more blasts and bursts... and pain. Great pain, Roan. Great pain that leads to darkness. Death.

"Master? What's wrong?" Sunda asks.

You have collapsed, Sky having caught you before you fell.

"I sense it too," Sky says, grimacing.

Old Post May 7th, 2008 06:26 AM