KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

great game usc v. ohio state was

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Crazy ****ing game. McKnight is the man and Barkley just became a man with that final drive.

I am not too sure about our chances at a Title this season with the stagnant offense, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy this college season any less.

I think we might lose to Oregon or Arizona.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 03:40 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Crazy ****ing game. McKnight is the man and Barkley just became a man with that final drive.

I am not too sure about our chances at a Title this season with the stagnant offense, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to enjoy this college season any less.

I think we might lose to Oregon or Arizona.
The offense really did just stop moving for a large chunk of that game. Got to be honest, I thought they were better than what I saw tonight; they very well might have just came out flat, but I was unimpressed. I think this year might just be a prelude to a dominating season next year.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2009 04:13 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

The road for Florida to repeat got a lot easier today.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 11:25 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by forumcrew
The road for Florida to repeat got a lot easier today.
The road to BYU getting a chance at the BCS Championship got a lot easier, too. Sooner or later, the SEC teams ahead of them in the standings will have to start eating their own, and with the Pac 10 powerhouse out, that leaves only Florida/whoever comes out of the SEC undefeated, Penn State if they win the Big 10, and Texas in front of them.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 11:28 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Yea should Texas manage to lose tonight BYU needs to get real serious because they will have a nice road paved to the championship game. Granted there are a lot of Saturdays left for more people to choke.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2009 11:47 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Yea should Texas manage to lose tonight BYU needs to get real serious because they will have a nice road paved to the championship game. Granted there are a lot of Saturdays left for more people to choke.
They're losing right now, but they'll get it together. The Florida State line is just too big for the defensive line of BYU (because of the differences in recruiting and athletes) that they're running a lot; but once they start passing, Florida State will hit a big wall right away.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 12:01 AM
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

BYU, like Utah earlier, is playing sloppy. I'm disappointed in them.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 12:57 AM
guy222
With my gal

Texas leads early

Waiting for the UCLA game

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 01:04 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Can't say that I didn't see that coming. Well actully I didn't, not against Washington at least. I knew for sure we were going to 1 or 2 games this season...but Washington????

Corp is an even worst QB than Booty. I am so glad Pete Carroll didn't make the same mistake he made with Sanchez/Booty, Barkley IS our starter and will be NFL bound in 3-4 years. Corp is trash. No arm, no confidence, and no leadership. If Barkley wasn't injured we win that game going away.

We'll still lose another game or two against a PAC-10 team on the road. This is '06 all over again.

Last edited by Lord Evolution on Sep 20th, 2009 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 01:04 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

They got caught looking ahead. They came out very lethargic, and never got it going; Max Hall looked like a corpse out there tonight. Unga, their running back, was in and out with injuries. And their defense? Atrocious. They were so slow in the first half, its not even funny. I'm disappointed because this was a game where Pitta and Hall could have lit up the scoreboard, but they blew it and choked, and now people are going to say "Oh, wow, they suck." That's far from the truth, they just laid an egg tonight.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 01:57 AM
forumcrew

Woohoo Paulus got his first W today. State page looks like he had a mighty nice game. 24/35, 346 yards, 2 TD's 1 INT and 1 Rushing TD. I love that he rushed for -26 yards yet he had a 10 yard TD run, guess he was getting hit back there a bit.

Tech hanging in this thing.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 03:00 AM
forumcrew

You really are putting sole blame on Corp who had only thrown 4 passes in his career before this? I did not see much of the game but looking at the highlights and the numbers he only turned it over once, his teamates put it on the ground 4 times. He at least completed right at 60% of his passes and that roughing penalty might have been the biggest of all making it a chip shot FG to win the game after the defense let Locker march the huskies down the field.

To me that would be like blaming Paulus for that OT loss to Minnesota. Did he make a terrible throw? Yes he did. But it should have never come to that his O-line killed that team all day with penalties and his WR's dropped many big passes. I think this USC game looks like it was a similar situation.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 04:53 AM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Blame goes on Corp, turnovers, play calling and penalties. But if I were to put it on one player, it would be Corp. He failed to move the ball, and seemed to want to only throw it to receivers when they were double and triple covered. He should have had 3 int's but got lucky because the Washington db's dropped 2 that were right between the numbers.

I am not going to get into the details here, but the playcalling was some of the worst I have ever seen. Why we even attempted a single pass in the Washington redzone is beyond me. With the way Corp was playing, we should have been running it on every play. We had two backs averaging over 9 yards a carry and one that averaged 6, they got those numbers running against an 8/9 man stacked box. Corp did absolutely nothing to help that out. He didn't even attempt a pass over 12 yards.

The offense had good reason to be stagnant against Ohio State, but Corp laid an egg in this one. That was the worst performance from a USC QB in a decade.

Barkley needs to get healthy real fast. As does Taylor Mays.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2009 07:10 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I know no one cares (and I don't need to be reminded of that), but I was pumped when Clemson beat Miami Saturday night. That put my alma mater (Georgia Tech) in the driver's seat for the ACC Title game with only Wake and Duke left to play. Go Jackets!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 11:48 AM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by botankus
I know no one cares (and I don't need to be reminded of that), but I was pumped when Clemson beat Miami Saturday night. That put my alma mater (Georgia Tech) in the driver's seat for the ACC Title game with only Wake and Duke left to play. Go Jackets!

Dont sleep on Duke this year! Its no secret I have never cared about Duke in football but it has been very fun laughing at my friends who love the Terps rubbing in the loss.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 04:09 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Yeah oddly enough Duke and Wake have always been trap games for Tech, especially from the mid-nineties to early 2000's.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2009 05:09 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

I guess trying to keep up with the MLB refs and SEC refs Indiana is being forced to not only upset Iowa but the refs in the process.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 06:29 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Refs handed Iowa that game. They should have been up 35-7

Old Post Oct 31st, 2009 07:08 PM
forumcrew

Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Refs handed Iowa that game. They should have been up 35-7

Don't worry after that ass whooping the refs arnt going to hand USC's spot to Iowa.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 05:21 AM