KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Ok....?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 05:51 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Ok....?

And here's another WTF for all of ya. Amidst all this ref-bashing nowadays, I got some positive ref feedback over the weekend. I'm a soccer ref for a kid's league, so naturally I have to put up with all the whining parents/coaches, etc for 2 months. However, when our season ended this past Saturday, one of the parents came up to me with an envelope. It was addressed, "To our ref," with a card inside saying how they appreciated me putting up with all the B.S. thoughout the year, along with a gift certificate to Chick-Fil-A.

Just thought I'd share that.
Here, I'll go ahead and post your response:
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Ok....?

Last edited by botankus on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 03:16 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 03:07 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by botankus
And here's another WTF for all of ya. Amidst all this ref-bashing nowadays, I got some positive ref feedback over the weekend. I'm a soccer ref for a kid's league, so naturally I have to put up with all the whining parents/coaches, etc for 2 months. However, when our season ended this past Saturday, one of the parents came up to me with an envelope. It was addressed, "To our ref," with a card inside saying how they appreciated me putting up with all the B.S. thoughout the year, along with a gift certificate to Chick-Fil-A.

Your on the take!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 04:26 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

laughing out loud yeah, all it takes is a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and Waffle Fries, and who knows..the other team's legs might magically trip your kid instead him tripping over the ball.

Last edited by botankus on Nov 2nd, 2009 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 05:13 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by botankus

No, no, no.

You got it all wrong.

They handed you the gift certificate to make fun of you because your a fat ****ing bastard.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 10:45 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Half a game? That's some bullshit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4616581

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 10:58 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by geshien
Half a game? That's some bullshit.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4616581

Yes it is. This was worse than what Blount did to me. He made a conscious decision to try to maul a kids eyes. Could seriously injure/blind someone doing this. Blount simply reacted (like a moron) to a taunt and decked a kid (going after the crowd was the worst part).

gogo SEC love!

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 12:13 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

He should be suspended for the rest of the season. If that Oregon running back can get suspended for an entire season for punching someone, Spikes should get way more than a half of a game for premeditatedly gouging someone in the eye.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 12:14 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yep, it's brutal.

It's intersting that it's only half a game. For a stunt like that, it's not completly clear he did or not (I think it is but the case could be made) so a coach could say that he didn't do it and that's the reason he is not suspended.

But the coach is suspending him for half a game so he knows he did it so it's ridicioulous that eye gouging gets the kid suspended for only half a game. He should be suspended for the rest of the season. ****ing brutal.

Last edited by Smasandian on Nov 3rd, 2009 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 02:51 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Wasn't there a situation back in the day at FSU where Peter Warrick and two no-names did something and the two no-names got kicked off the team and Warrick only got like a 2-game suspension?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 12:29 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Have no idea.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2009 03:53 PM
Mr. Toad

Blount may get reinstated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4524682

I bet the eye gouging incident influenced this.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 03:59 AM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by geshien
Blount may get reinstated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4524682

I bet the eye gouging incident influenced this.

It was said a while back that he could be reinstated at some point.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 04:19 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

He should.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2009 05:00 AM
forumcrew

Shocker of the week its the 2nd half and Iowa is behind to poor quality opponent. I really hope somehow Iowa makes it to the BCS Championship and then loses by about 60 just to put a final nail in the BCS coffin.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2009 07:02 PM
forumcrew

all SEC refs need to be fired after this year.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 06:25 AM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

I second that.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2009 09:24 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

No posts in this thread for a month? Wow. BCS Bump.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 01:36 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I don't know anything about college football but I'm glad Florida didn't make it.

Something about a cupcake schedule. I also like how most of the teams in the BCS are not the typical teams.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 05:20 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Go Tech!

Can't wait for the Orange Bowl. With Iowa's uniforms, now I get to see how it would look if the Steelers played the Yellow Jackets.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 06:46 PM