KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 14 15 [16] 17 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Texas and Cincy I hope win

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 07:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I'm looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl as well.

I know most people are saying they want to see TCU or Boise State play Florida or another BCS big boy, but IMO, I'd like to see which of these 2 juggernauts is really better.

I don't get much of an answer when Hawaii plays Georgia or Utah plays Alabama, because I still don't know which one of these two teams is better b/c who's to say they wouldn't produce the same result?

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 08:22 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True.

I do think it would of been cool for these "smaller" teams to go against a bigger team.

But I also think college football should go to a playoff structure.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 09:55 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
I don't know anything about college football but I'm glad Florida didn't make it.

Something about a cupcake schedule. I also like how most of the teams in the BCS are not the typical teams.

Schedule was fine, they lost the SEC championship game to Alabama so Bama gets the spot.

Originally posted by botankus

I'm looking forward to the Fiesta Bowl as well.

I know most people are saying they want to see TCU or Boise State play Florida or another BCS big boy, but IMO, I'd like to see which of these 2 juggernauts is really better.

Yea I think we luck out here. Cincinnati and TCU are both a bit above Boise I think but we get 2 undefeated teams in TCU and Boise and then we get to see Cincinnati matchup with a powerhouse team in Florida.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2009 11:57 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Man I hope UC wins today....Regardless I am going to enjoy the game, Not everyday UC is ranked in the top 5 and playing in the Sugar Bowl smile

Old Post Jan 1st, 2010 04:54 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Originally posted by Pezmerga
Man I hope UC wins today....Regardless I am going to enjoy the game, Not everyday UC is ranked in the top 5 and playing in the Sugar Bowl smile

Wonder if we would have lost as bad with Brain Kelly? Probably still would have lost...man Florida looked like that SEC title game was a fluke! lol UC needs some defense to compete with big boys.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2010 07:12 PM
Pezmerga is currently offline Click here to Send Pezmerga a Private Message Find more posts by Pezmerga Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

One of my New Year's resolutions was to stop being as negative when it comes to football....and then FOX goes ahead and puts Darryl Johnston on color commentary during the Cotton Bowl. I swear on three consecutive plays for OSU, Johnston had these three outbursts:
"Come on, make a play!" (on OSU sideline pass while WR was running)
"Stay in your stance!" (directed to OSU lineman when Ole Miss was offsides)
"You gotta catch that, come on!" (when OSU WR dropped pass)

Is Johnston a neutral color commentator or a drunk fan at a sports bar shouting at a Television?

But aside from that, I think ABC is thrilled that Cincinnati didn't get the chance to play for the title.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2010 01:24 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

OK, finally the Orange Bowl is here. It matters to me, as my alma mater is playing.

Last few times on relatively uncontested national TV Tech has looked horrible (LSU, Miami, UGA), so I'm hoping they don't come out and lay an egg this time. If they can get 300 yards on the ground, it should be OK. Anything less than that and forget it. I heard Iowa was having trouble preparing for the triple option. I call their bluff but we'll see.

All you NFL nuts out there who happen to watch tonight's game, check out WR Demarius Thomas for Tech. That's right, I said WR for a team that runs 83% of the time. He had 1100 yards and 8 TD's for a team that only threw for 1600 and 10 total. He's easy to spot, as he's usually the only WR on the field that looks like he would tear up the NFL one day. It says "B. Thomas" on the back of his jersey, BTW. The "B" is short for "Bebe" or something like that, which is his nickname.

Last edited by botankus on Jan 5th, 2010 at 05:31 PM

Old Post Jan 5th, 2010 05:27 PM
Pezmerga
Black Knight

Shipley almost put the Longhorns on his back, but the game ended how I thought....with an Alabama win.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2010 08:30 PM
forumcrew

I guess Carroll got out just in time. USC is receiving a 2 year bowl ban and forfeiting wins from the 2004 season (maybe more) and might include the 2004 national championship. Way to go Reggie Bush and OJ Mayo.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 04:42 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I wouldn't blame the players. At that age, when somebody gives you money, you generally take it.

Blame the administration.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 05:36 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Somebody call Evo to make sure he's still alive.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 07:49 PM
forumcrew

I wouldn't blame the players. At that age, when somebody gives you money, you generally take it.

Blame the administration.

These arnt 12 year olds, they have personal responsibility as well. But the fact is these guys did not give a shit about their school, teammates, coaches, etc... They were looking out for their selves. This is the problem with forcing people to go to college. I really cant see how any one is surprised by Mayo, he made it clear from the start he went to LA to better market himself and have fun serving his 1 year forced college sentence.

Oh and looks like Reggie is also going to lose the Heisman.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 08:10 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

There around 17 when they get recruited right?

Don't you remember high school? Money is money. Somebody goes, "come play here and we will give you etc..etc..etc.".

Most kids will do it. I would. Should he said no, yes, but it happens all the time.

It's entirely the schools fault. They know they shouldn't do it. They did it too win. They employ people at high wages to know NCAA recruiting rules. It's all their fault.

You can't blame a 17 year old for a university breaking the rules. The situation shouldn't of even happened if the school didn't do it.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2010 10:23 PM
forumcrew

It actually is not always schools behind it either. People do it in hopes to be able to represent the players later in their pro careers because they know that the future commissions are worth big money. There are certainly a lot of people to blame, but saying the athletes are not part of it is ignorant. They absolutely share in the responsibility. By the way Bush was 19 in 2004 not 17, not that it is a big difference. But plenty old enough to know good and well what he was doing.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 12:28 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Even if the school wasn't behind it, they knew what was going on. They failed to act on it.

If you knew somebody was a druggie when you hire him and he ****s you, is it the druggies fault, or your own? It's entirely your own.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 01:47 AM
forumcrew

Even if the school wasn't behind it, they knew what was going on. They failed to act on it.

If you knew somebody was a druggie when you hire him and he ****s you, is it the druggies fault, or your own? It's entirely your own.

Different situation. They did not know Reggie was going to take every hand out that came his way when they offered him a scholarship. Now did they turn the other way once he was in school and it started happening? Yea probably and that is on them, but you cant let these guys off the hook for being total **** ups and taking no responsibility either is my point.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 04:33 AM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I highly doubt SC did not know about Bush and his handouts.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 11:56 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

When I put my ear to the window, I can hear all those recruits that Lane Kiffin lied to at Tennessee laughing their asses off.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 04:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I would think it works in his favour.

He has two year window of freedom of expectations.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 05:21 PM