KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Maybe, but when you're used to being a powerhouse and suddenly become mediocre, it could turn ugly quick, and that's even with the sanctions.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2010 05:28 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

True but he always has the get out of jail card.

"You suck"

"I would of done better if Carroll and co. didn't **** me over".

Instant win for him. And he gets paid.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2010 10:25 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

With all these teams jumping ship on the Big 12, can the Pac-10 and Big Ten now please change their names?

I propose Super-Big Midwestern We Finally Can Get a Conference Championship Game So People Will Take Us Serioiusly Conference (SBMWFCGACCGSPWTUSC) and the Not Necessarily Anywhere Near The Pacific Ocean But Who Cares Conference (NNANTPOBWCC).

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 01:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Haha.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2010 02:11 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

the 2010 season started, anyone watch some of the games

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 07:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the 2010 season started, anyone watch some of the games

Yeah I watched the UNC vs LSU game and the TCU vs Oregon State game. Both were really good. Too bad UNC is probed up the ass with investigations.

My team is The U though (Miami Fla). So I also watched their season opener on Thursday. I hope they beat the shit out of Ohio State next week, but I know that's not gonna happen. It'll be a close game that can go either way.

Hopefully Boise State loses tonight so they don't have a shot at the BCS Championship since their schedule is absolute shit.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2010 08:48 PM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Kaibs
Yeah I watched the UNC vs LSU game and the TCU vs Oregon State game. Both were really good. Too bad UNC is probed up the ass with investigations.

My team is The U though (Miami Fla). So I also watched their season opener on Thursday. I hope they beat the shit out of Ohio State next week, but I know that's not gonna happen. It'll be a close game that can go either way.

Hopefully Boise State loses tonight so they don't have a shot at the BCS Championship since their schedule is absolute shit.

yeah miami and ohio sate should be good, thats one game i will be watching on saturday

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:48 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Quick question. Isn't most football factories schedule complete shit?

What makes Boise State different?

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 03:11 AM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Smasandian
Quick question. Isn't most football factories schedule complete shit?

What makes Boise State different?

Answer:

Most programs schedules are shit. But however most programs aren't competing for a national championship every year, and ranked 3 in the beginning of the year.

Boise State literally has only 2 hard games all year. They're in a weak conference.

As opposed to someone like Miami who plays actual good teams in their out of conference schedule every year.

Look at Penn State they play Alabama next week.

@ Bruce. Yeah the game is on at 2:30 central time, it's on at the same time another good game is on. Florida State at Oklahoma should also be good. The Michigan vs Notre Dame game is on next week too.

Have you lost your mind? Tell me where you think we crossed the line. No more drugs for me, pussy and religion is all I need.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 07:59 AM
Kaibs is currently offline Click here to Send Kaibs a Private Message Find more posts by Kaibs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chongjing
Restricted

Account Restricted

With the forthcoming of the NFL season, Many jerseys of NFL are on hot selling! spam removed

Last edited by Paola on Sep 12th, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 09:30 AM
chongjing is currently offline Click here to Send chongjing a Private Message Find more posts by chongjing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Answer:

Most programs schedules are shit. But however most programs aren't competing for a national championship every year, and ranked 3 in the beginning of the year.

Boise State literally has only 2 hard games all year. They're in a weak conference.

As opposed to someone like Miami who plays actual good teams in their out of conference schedule every year.

Look at Penn State they play Alabama next week.

@ Bruce. Yeah the game is on at 2:30 central time, it's on at the same time another good game is on. Florida State at Oklahoma should also be good. The Michigan vs Notre Dame game is on next week too.

True. Some teams will have tougher schedules but every year, the top teams have cupcakes schedules and play mostly at home, like Penn State.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 12:38 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by Smasandian
True. Some teams will have tougher schedules but every year, the top teams have cupcakes schedules and play mostly at home, like Penn State.

Wrong. Teams have 11 or 12 game schedules. They have 6 at home and 6 away. Most deals they have with schools they play home and homes for out of conference games. Conference games rotate also every year with home and homes.

And most top teams don't play cupcake schedules. TCU and Boise State do because they're in shit conferences. Some examples are

#1 Alabama plays in the SEC which is one of the hardest conferences in the nation. They play this year Penn State, Arkansas, Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Tennessee, LSU and Auburn. All those teams are ranked, or have potential to be ranked.

#2 Ohio State - Their schedule isn't nearly as tough as Alabama, but it's still a decent one. They play a lot of good Big Ten teams this year, and their game this week against Miami for a good out of conference game.

# 3 Boise State - The only two tough games they have are against Virginia Tech and Oregon State. The rest of those teams arent ranked and play in shit conferences like they do.

Using those three teams as examples you can see that the major conference teams who are ranked play tough schedules where the secondary conferences are shit.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 01:44 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Penn State has 7 home, 5 away. Same with Alabama.

Again, not comparing Boise State schedule to rest but just saying that most football factories have easy schedules.

Alabama does not but that's only 1 team.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:37 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Look at the AP top 25. 3/4 of them don't have easy schedules. You're looking at AQ teams most likely.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 02:50 PM
FistOfThe North

Reggie Bush to be stripped of Heisman

Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the award to have the trophy taken away.

the NCAA ruled in June that the USC star had committed multiple violations by accepting cash, gifts and other impermissible benefits while playing for the Trojans.

NCAA ordered the USC program to remove all references to Bush from its sporting venues and promotional materials and vacate his statistics from all games in which he was ineligible.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...shheisman090710

how embarrasing. well at least he's got a super bowl ring, which is 10x's better.

- Darth Plagueis

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 03:36 PM
FistOfThe North is currently offline Click here to Send FistOfThe North a Private Message Find more posts by FistOfThe North Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Reggie Bush to be stripped of Heisman

Bush would become the first player in the 75-year history of the award to have the trophy taken away.

the NCAA ruled in June that the USC star had committed multiple violations by accepting cash, gifts and other impermissible benefits while playing for the Trojans.

NCAA ordered the USC program to remove all references to Bush from its sporting venues and promotional materials and vacate his statistics from all games in which he was ineligible.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...shheisman090710

how embarrasing. well at least he's got a super bowl ring, which is 10x's better.

I read that on ESPN. I think it's justified though. Not saying he was the only one to do it, but he got caught. North Carolina is paying for it as we speak. Vince Young said he didn't want it if Bush was to be stripped.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 06:06 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

[

thanks for the time.. i will be up early so i can watch.. agree on Flor St and OU.. Michigan and Notre Dame play next game damn

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 06:38 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

thanks for the time.. i will be up early so i can watch.. agree on Flor St and OU.. Michigan and Notre Dame play next game damn

Yeah bro... Next week is going to be one crazy ass week in college football. I can't wait. So many good games are coming on. Although I'm going to be pissed if Miami loses, but I won't be surprised.

The new AP rankings are out today too.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 10:31 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Yeah bro... Next week is going to be one crazy ass week in college football. I can't wait. So many good games are coming on. Although I'm going to be pissed if Miami loses, but I won't be surprised.

The new AP rankings are out today too.

i think the 'cane/buckeye game may come down to turnovers.. it could be high scoring though

i haven't seen the rankings yet, but they'll change each week prolly

Old Post Sep 7th, 2010 11:41 PM
Kaibs
Oh Miley.

i think the 'cane/buckeye game may come down to turnovers.. it could be high scoring though

i haven't seen the rankings yet, but they'll change each week prolly

Well Florida got dropped 4 slots, and Oklahoma is 10th now. So I'm glad the AP isn't dickin around this year.

As for the Cane / Buckeyes game. I think turnovers will definitely play a huge factor. The Bucks will want to keep it low scoring, but the Canes have the potential to make it rain on them all day.

Old Post Sep 8th, 2010 03:17 AM