KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Evolution
Legendary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by forumcrew
not sure id call that representing them well it was a pretty embarassing win.

The Bruins were on their 3rd string QB and still pulled out a win against one of the best teams in the mighty SEC. It may have been ugly, but a win is a win. +1 for the Pac-10.

Next up

ASU vs #1 Georgia

Pac-10 showing just how overrated the SEC is.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 05:23 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by Lord Evolution
The Bruins were on their 3rd string QB and still pulled out a win against one of the best teams in the mighty SEC. It may have been ugly, but a win is a win. +1 for the Pac-10.

Next up

ASU vs #1 Georgia

Pac-10 showing just how overrated the SEC is.

Um, that's like saying when the Arizona Cardinals beat the Cleveland Browns last year, that the AFC was overrated. Tennessee is and has consistently been no better than the #5 or #6 team in the conference. It's amazing they even went to the championship game last year b/c they were blown off the field in their 2 conference losses and had an unconscious 2nd quarter against Georgia.

Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU.

All of the aforementioned teams would kick Tennessee's ass. I might even go so far as to put USC (South Carolina) on the same level.

Maybe this could finally be the year the Pac-10 darling doesn't go down in flames to an 0-800 team in November.

And I've got no SEC bias. My alma mater (Georgia Tech) plays in the ACC...if you can call consistently getting blown out in bowl games "playing."

Last edited by botankus on Sep 2nd, 2008 at 02:40 PM

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 02:25 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Horrible comparison. Tennessee was beaten by Cal in the same season they won the SEC East, which was the same season they embarrassed Georgia, the same team many people felt was the best team at the end of last season. When I said the Pac-10 is showing how overrated the SEC is, I didn't just mean this past game. I mean how USC beat Arkansas by 36 in the same season they won the SEC West, which came a season after we beat them by 53. Many down played the 06 win, just as you are doing right now. The Pac-10 has constantly beaten the SEC's best teams, yet we get no respect. Tennessee still has a chance to win their division, many didn't think they could do it last season after their opening lost to Cal, but I think they have the defense to do it. That offense is a joke though, or maybe the Bruins defense is just that good.

I'm sure if ASU beats Georgia, they will suddenly be the 5th best team in the SEC, and it'll be "that win doesn't mean anything".

What I find hilarious is that every time there is a Pac-10 game with single digit scoring, it's that horrible Pac-10 offense. But when it's the SEC, it's a 'huge' defensive battle, clash of the titans, the mighty SEC defenses at work!

The fact remains that the SEC is overrated. I will admit that they are the best conference from top to bottom. But the media and come fans make it sound like the next best isn't even close. The Pac-10 isn't that far behind. USC is certainly better than anything they have, but teams like Stanford weigh this conference down.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:33 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Fair enough. Don't forget that Tennessee beat Cal convincingly in Knoxville in '06 and lost in California in '07. I haven't checked the schedule but I'd be willing to guess that Tennessee gets UCLA at home in '09. The Volunteers lost in the toxic waste dump of Los Angeles, so let's just see how they fare in Knoxville before we go overboard with the A beat B, B beat A, therefore....etc. comparisons.

And two things about ASU vs. UGA. It's a critical game for people who love this Pac-10 vs. SEC argument. 1) If ASU wins then the Pac-10 will start getting significantly more airtime other than some announcer's comment about Oregon's uniforms. 2) UGA will not be the #5 best team in the SEC. They will still be top 1 or 2 which will be a huge letdown for the conference, especially since Auburn (sort of down last year) and Alabama are back.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 03:47 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

but teams like Stanford weigh this conference down.

When teams like Stanford are responsible for keeping the Conference Darlings out of the national championship game, I would say they're weighing the conference down, too.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 05:43 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

After one week of college football USC is now the new number 1 team

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2008 09:57 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Gotta love the Navy offense

last week Bryant (the qb) was 2/4 for 44 yards and a TD
the team had 58 carries for 558 yards and 4 td's including the qb as the 2nd leading rusher. now thats an awesome offense.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2008 11:09 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Haha that's sig worthy.

Did you see that fake by McGuffie! Hes a monster without the ball too!

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 04:10 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

McGuffie goes down so easily on the first tackle though... he's got all the speed, now he just needs to break a tackle.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 07:10 PM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

ECU beating #8 WVU 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

After their upset of...damn I already forgot. I just know it was a ranked team.

They should be in the top 10.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 10:39 PM
forumcrew

ECU beating #8 WVU 24-3 in the 3rd quarter.

After their upset of...damn I already forgot. I just know it was a ranked team.

They should be in the top 10.

it was va tech who was a bit over rated. this is why i hate pre season ranks. should wait until after the season starts minimum and even then I think wait until after 2 or 3 weeks.

Old Post Sep 6th, 2008 11:22 PM
forumcrew

usc osu matchup lost a lot of hype today. hopefully beanie wells is back to give it back some luster.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 02:07 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Decent games today. Most were expected routes. Florida got bye as did Ohio State, but both mightily struggled. OS's qb could've made something of himself going into the USC game and all he did was prove that Ohio State needs a ground game to get going. Against USC though Ohio State may have ran into a buzz saw.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 03:21 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Decent games today. Most were expected routes. Florida got bye as did Ohio State, but both mightily struggled. OS's qb could've made something of himself going into the USC game and all he did was prove that Ohio State needs a ground game to get going. Against USC though Ohio State may have ran into a buzz saw.

The 4th quarter florida got their shit together and put the game away. Tebow really showed off his ability to throw.

Old Post Sep 7th, 2008 03:25 AM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 10:48 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

I was looking at the weekend's schedule of games, and I don't know, the OSU/USC game just doesn't garner any interest for me. Maybe if it were another team besides OSU. I think I'll be watching the Oklahoma/Washington game that night.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 11:52 AM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Sucks for you.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 03:51 PM
guy222
With my gal

USC should win. I knew Wells was gonna play

Go Bruins

thank u bz

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 04:30 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Sucks for you.

Don't feel too bad for me. I can still watch Overrated Palmer, Career Back-up Cassell, and Clipboard-Jockey Leinert on Sunday.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 04:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by guy222
USC should win. I knew Wells was gonna play

Go Bruins

Wells may or may not even matter

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 06:53 PM