KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Evolution
Legendary

What makes our defense so good is that we are good against the run every year. Taylor Mays, our 6'4 235 pound 4.29 safety(next Sean Taylor) plays so far back that teams rarely attempts to go deep against us, but when they do, they are unsuccessful. We give up the short passing because we are a bend but don't break defense. That is how we operate. Personally, I would rather have Mays play closer to the line, because man can he hit. So I don't see Beanie even recording 100 rushing yards.

Only way I can see Ohio State beating us if if they utilize Terrelle Pryor. That dude scares the hell out me.

Last edited by Lord Evolution on Sep 10th, 2008 at 07:22 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2008 07:19 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

OK, USC v. Ohio State, who is going to win, predict a final score??

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 11th, 2008 09:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

well now Wells is "doubtful" and after last week I would say they have a 5% chance without him. I say 5 because I think any team has at least a 5% chance in any game just by pure randomness.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 12:16 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
What makes our defense so good is that we are good against the run every year. Taylor Mays, our 6'4 235 pound 4.29 safety(next Sean Taylor) plays so far back that teams rarely attempts to go deep against us, but when they do, they are unsuccessful. We give up the short passing because we are a bend but don't break defense. That is how we operate. Personally, I would rather have Mays play closer to the line, because man can he hit. So I don't see Beanie even recording 100 rushing yards.

Only way I can see Ohio State beating us if if they utilize Terrelle Pryor. That dude scares the hell out me.

Pryor isn't all that. If he plays I don't see him that much of a factor although he could be

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 12:25 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Looks like Greg Schiano should have taken one of those high-powered jobs while he had the chance.

Last edited by botankus on Sep 12th, 2008 at 01:05 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 01:01 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by botankus
Looks like Greg Schiano should have taken one of those high-powered jobs while he had the chance.

That was ugly last night. Side note cant believe Greg Paulus's little brother went to UNC what a traitor.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 01:20 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

No kidding. On a less-famous note, I went to GT and my brother went to UGA.

It was so ugly last night, on the Pick-6 midway through the 3rd quarter, as soon as the ball was tipped, I caught myself thinking, I'll bet this is intercepted and returned for a touchdown. Shortly thereafter, it became reality and about 20,000 red shirts were seen storming out of the exits so fast, you would have thought it had just been announced that Hurricane Ike had been redirected toward N.J.

Last edited by botankus on Sep 12th, 2008 at 01:34 PM

Old Post Sep 12th, 2008 01:31 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

My early fave for the heisman is Chase Daniel

Old Post Sep 13th, 2008 10:26 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Game time baby!

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 12:01 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

10 possessions 10 scores is a pretty nice way to start a game and then coming out in the 3rd quarter your kicking so much ass.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 12:26 AM
forumcrew

So how about BYU beating the life out of UCLA.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 12:52 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by forumcrew
So how about BYU beating the life out of UCLA.

That surprised me a lot considering UCLA beat Tennessee.

I'll be honest, I don't really know how strong Tennessee is this year, but they are usually a top 25 team.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Last edited by Röland on Sep 14th, 2008 at 01:23 AM

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:11 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Well A beat B and B beat C so A is automatically better then C doesnt always hold true.

Also whats with McKnights hobo beard?

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 01:49 AM
Citizen V.

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker

Sam Bradford, I reckon.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 02:11 AM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by -V-
Sam Bradford, I reckon.

He's good too. I'm sure things will change as the season goes on. Pure Ohio State, they got destroyed

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 03:08 AM
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Originally posted by forumcrew
Also whats with McKnights hobo beard?

laughing

No idea, I laughed when I saw it though. It looks bad.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 03:10 AM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Originally posted by Röland
laughing

No idea, I laughed when I saw it though. It looks bad.

He has had "I need $$$" on his eye black grease before. And yesterday when I noticed his beard, it said "Pay" on it. Something tells me that he's not hanging around for his senior season. laughing

Old Post Sep 14th, 2008 10:09 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

It took me all weekend, but I finally figured out why I had no interest in the USC/OSU Hype Bowl.

The best comparison I can offer is imagine the year after the Bills had just lost their 4th Super Bowl. Now imagine it's the regular season and they're playing someone like the Cowboys or 49ers. That's what it was like to me.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 11:57 AM
forumcrew

Yea I enjoyed watching Michigan lose to ND much more. Weis got Brady'd!.

Oh and can everyone take note. Duke is 2-1. Now I really dont actually follow duke football at all or really care but still 2-1? I know 2 coaches who should be getting fired.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:10 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

5 SEC teams in the top 10, here are their out of conference schedules.

Georgia

Gerogia Southern
Central Michigan
Arizona State(*claps* finally)
Georgia Tech

Florida

Hawaii
Miami
Citadel

LSU

App. State
North Texas
Troy
Tulane

Auburn

Louisiana-Monroe
Southern Miss
Tennessee-Martin(what the hell??)
West Virginia

Alabama

Clemson
Tulane
Western Kentucky
Arkansas State

Simply pathetic. This is exactly what makes the SEC tick.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:18 PM