KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
botankus
Bass-ackwards

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
Simply pathetic. This is exactly what makes the SEC tick.

You sound like a high school soccer star that will do anything to convince the student body that his sport is better than the football team. Only the football team and cheerleaders still don't know he exists.

Originally posted by forumcrew
Oh and can everyone take note. Duke is 2-1. Now I really dont actually follow duke football at all or really care but still 2-1? I know 2 coaches who should be getting fired.

I watched one of their games and they actually resemble a real football team. (Note: By real football team, I mean one that can actually run more than 2 plays without turning it over.)

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:26 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Originally posted by botankus
You sound like a high school soccer star that will do anything to convince the student body that his sport is better than the football team. Only the football team and cheerleaders still don't know he exists.

confused

Was this in a movie?

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 03:33 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Games this saturday should be good again hopefully

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 06:59 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

So how about BYU beating the life out of UCLA.

And even worse Maryland beat Cal

Old Post Sep 16th, 2008 07:23 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

So how about BYU beating the life out of UCLA.

And even worse Maryland beat Cal

Or AZ State falling to Las Vegas
Or Washington getting slaughtered by Oklahoma
Or Washington State getting manhandled by BAYLOR(!)
Or Arizona getting pummeled by the mighty Lobos of New Mexico
Or Stanford getting throttled by Texas Christian

My God, does this list ever end??

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 12:19 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Those are the worst teams in the PAC-10, with the exception of Arizona State. Did you not look at the Pac-10 standings last season? Best teams are USC, Oregon and ASU. I listed the 5 best teams in the SEC, which apparently equates to 5 of the best teams in the nation. And they are playing teams like Citadel, Tennessee-Martin, Tulane and Troy.

We'll see what happens with ASU and Georgia this weekend. It'll either tell you a lot about the SEC or a lot about the PAC-10. But it's nice to see a SEC team other than Tennessee, not only travel, but play a team in its own division.

Props to Georgia, though they may soon regret it.

Last edited by Lord Evolution on Sep 17th, 2008 at 02:13 PM

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 02:05 PM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Let me amend my earlier post. While I think it's pretty clear that the two best conferences in the country are SEC and Big 12 (by a mile), I don't think any team in the country is better than USC...but one team does not make a conference.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2008 04:46 PM
forumcrew

Originally posted by botankus
Let me amend my earlier post. While I think it's pretty clear that the two best conferences in the country are SEC and Big 12 (by a mile), I don't think any team in the country is better than USC...but one team does not make a conference.

Exactly USC is definitely the best but the conference is not.

ECU just threw away their BCS Bowl game.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 07:23 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

lol jump pass strikes again!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 07:43 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

College football time, thank goodness

Old Post Sep 20th, 2008 08:13 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Well there goes the Pac-10 vs SEC arguments. This conference is officially a joke. We better stomp every team in the conference, especially Stanford, for some reason, I want to beat them more than anyone this season and it has something to do with Booty.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2008 03:32 AM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Glad we can put that to rest. I was telling my brother (who went to UGA) that the game vs. ASU was crucial to the "integrity" of the SEC and he was like "Really? Are you sure? So how do you think we'll do against Bama?"

Last edited by botankus on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 03:44 PM

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2008 03:40 PM
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

USC lost to Oregon State! laughing laughing laughing

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 04:26 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Biff Tannen

lol I love it!

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 07:55 AM
Biff Tannen is currently offline Click here to Send Biff Tannen a Private Message Find more posts by Biff Tannen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Wow, figured there would be more posts than this. Stayed up and watched the entire game. So looking at the product of the University of Southern California for 2008, it seems like their strategy was to field a bunch of athletic-looking guys who take bad angles, get blown off the line of scrimmage, and when pressured, throw softball pitches that don't cross the line of scrimmage.

And speaking of blown off the LOS, at one point in the 2nd quarter all I could think of was that Matt Hasselbeck commercial where a bunch of 5-year-olds are blocking for him against the Arizona Cardinals. That was how the Beavers' offensive line was pushing that whole defensive group of future #1 draft picks.

But what about "Quizz" Rodgers. Wow. I know a lot of people say this, but I hadn't seen a performance like that by a RB in at least 5 years. And I watch a lot of college football. Granted the OL did a hell of a job, but I've never seen someone shift gears and change direction with such ease through a top-rated defense. And it was up the middle. AND...he's a freshman!

One more thing. We all know Don Imus is a nutjob, but he did say true words of wisdom once. He said that "Sports Talk is Worthless" because the games are played on the field and all discussion comes either before (when the outcome is unknown) or after (when the event is in the past). Well, I think he was on to something, because I wasted probably 3 hours last week hearing sport-talk goons debate over how a team like LSU or Oklahome or Missouri could get into the BCS title game because, as we all know, USC was going to cruise into that game undefeated...

Last edited by botankus on Sep 26th, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 11:41 AM
chithappens

USC does this at least three times a year. USC beat Ohio State down but that doesn't mean anything because everytime Ohio State sees a SEC team they are beatdown. USC is just arrogant though.

And the last person I want to give credit for that duh point is Imus. It's like saying they call them polar bears because they live the in the arctic.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 02:52 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by chithappens
And the last person I want to give credit for that duh point is Imus. It's like saying they call them polar bears because they live the in the arctic.

Okay, but is it really a "duh" point? I don't see much difference between sports talk radio and posting predictions and analysis on a message board, and we're all doing it. There wasn't a single thing I said in my last post that people couldn't have figured out from watching the game.

But then again, America revolves around being entertained, and that's all it is - entertainment.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2008 03:09 PM
Quiero Mota

Congrats to OR State. What an upset!

Anyone else see ASU get spanked by Georgia? And I'm looking forward to UF vs Ole Miss.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 10:22 AM
Quiero Mota is currently offline Click here to Send Quiero Mota a Private Message Find more posts by Quiero Mota Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Röland
Masked Vigilante

Florida went down to Ole Miss.

Rorschach's Journal: October 12th, 1985. Tonight, a comedian died in New York.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 08:20 PM
Röland is currently offline Click here to Send Röland a Private Message Find more posts by Röland Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Watching some good college football..

Originally posted by Röland
Florida went down to Ole Miss.

Not surprising, one bit

Old Post Sep 27th, 2008 08:29 PM