KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » College Football

College Football
Started by: The_Mayor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

mad
I don't know much about College Football, but I'm assuming Penn State has no shot at all now to play for the Championship?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2008 11:43 PM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Evolution
Legendary

YES!

I think now if Missouri wins the Big12, we go to the title game.

Assuming we win out, which we should do. This is exciting.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 12:30 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DanZeke25
mad
I don't know much about College Football, but I'm assuming Penn State has no shot at all now to play for the Championship?

Yep PSU is out of the title game assuming there isnt some mass scale collapse by about 9 other teams. Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, OK St all just got new life.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 01:43 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanZeke25
You can't beat me.

Originally posted by forumcrew
Yep PSU is out of the title game assuming there isnt some mass scale collapse by about 9 other teams. Florida, Texas, USC, Oklahoma, OK St all just got new life.

Yeah that's what I thought. That's the reason why I don't follow College Football as much as the other sports, because unless your team is the absolute best, they don't have a good shot at winning a Championship.

Obama has the right idea, 8 team playoff. wink

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 01:53 AM
DanZeke25 is currently offline Click here to Send DanZeke25 a Private Message Find more posts by DanZeke25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by forumcrew

You can take OK St off that list.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 06:39 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Waiting for the BCS to come out

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 9th, 2008 10:30 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Just got back from the Backyard Brawl (Pitt vs. WVU), one of the more underrated rivalry games in the country. Pitt won, as it should be, so I'm pumped. Nothing makes my day like salty mountaineers.

smile

Old Post Nov 29th, 2008 12:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Just got back from the Backyard Brawl (Pitt vs. WVU), one of the more underrated rivalry games in the country. Pitt won, as it should be, so I'm pumped. Nothing makes my day like salty mountaineers.

smile

Awesome, Digi. I was really into that game but had to take my stepmother to the airport with about 8 minutes left in the game...then nearly swerved off the road when I heard on the radio that they came back and won!

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 12:34 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Can't wait until saturday to watch Bama/Florida and Olka/Missouri

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 08:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by botankus
Awesome, Digi. I was really into that game but had to take my stepmother to the airport with about 8 minutes left in the game...then nearly swerved off the road when I heard on the radio that they came back and won!

Not killing yourself ftw!

thumb up

Old Post Dec 1st, 2008 09:42 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Truly a WTF moment... Charlie Weiss is returning as Notre Dames head coach

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2008 10:21 PM
forumcrew

Looks like a Florida vs Oak championship. Oak is looking pretty damn scary though, 60+ in 5 straight.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 02:40 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Can't wait to watch the Olka/Fla Nat'l Title game..

Too high powered offenses but the Sooners could prove way too much for Tebow..

Texas/OSU, should be another goodie, but Pryor may not have it against that Texas "D"

Old Post Dec 7th, 2008 06:57 PM
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Since this thread is dying, I figured the best way to revive it is to mention something about the New Mexico Bowl. eek! Did anyone see that CSU dude run for 300 yards? With the Ram unis and the dreads, he looked like Stephen Jackson would've looked this year if St. Louis didn't suck so bad.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 05:49 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Can't wait to watch Boise State later

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 10:21 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 09:08 AM
Lord Evolution is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Evolution a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Evolution Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

USC will prolly be #1 on a poll

Sanchez was incredible

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 09:57 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

If Florida wins USC could get some 1st place votes along with Texas depending how they play vs OSU. If OK wins I think they take #1 pretty easy.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 06:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Watching Texas Tech right now...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2009 07:51 PM
Lord Evolution
Legendary

If Ohio State wins, USC would have the best overall resume in the country, assuming Florida wins, they would be in a close second. With both teams having wins over two top 10 teams, but with the big difference being they lost at home and had a worse out of conference schedule.

But considering Florida is #1 in the AP, it wont happen. Even though it would be justified if there was a split title this season with the two best teams in the country, Florida and USC.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2009 01:40 AM