KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: TV Series » CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!

CLONE WARS MOVIE Coming to THEATRES!
Started by: sithsaber408

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (21): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lara
Belladonna

quote: (post)
Originally posted by queeq
Lucas??? Nooo....

I meant you dear! blink

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 11:02 AM
Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Captain REX
Hah, that IS very amusing...

Saw this today, thought it was funny stick out tongue

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 12:09 PM
Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ten days to go; we'll have to open up a review thread soon I think!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 12:15 PM
Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lara
Belladonna

yes

be who you are not what they want you to be!

blessed be x

Old Post Aug 5th, 2008 01:30 PM
Click here to Send Lara a Private Message Find more posts by Lara Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Sweet! I just scored a sneak peak to the clone wars movie. I'll be seeing it tomorrow morning at 10:30am, I'll post my thoughts as soon as I'm back from seeing it.

Old Post Aug 8th, 2008 07:55 PM
Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Sweet! I just scored a sneak peak to the clone wars movie. I'll be seeing it tomorrow morning at 10:30am, I'll post my thoughts as soon as I'm back from seeing it.

That's awesome, man. I look forward to it.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 04:00 AM
Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahsoka Tano
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Outbound

Just purchased it of recent.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 07:16 AM
Click here to Send Ahsoka Tano a Private Message Find more posts by Ahsoka Tano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

So, I saw the Clone Wars movie today, and I really liked it a lot. When it ended, most people in the theater clapped. It was a good solid adventure flick. The animation didn't take long to get used to, I thought it was very well done. At first I wasn't sure about the wood carved look of the characters, but it turned out to be really cool. The central characters are Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano. Ahsoka becomes Anakin's apprentice, and right off the bat they begin their nonstop journey fighting against the evil plots of Count Dooku and his cohort Asajj Ventress.

Okay, spoiler time:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Dooku kidnaps Jabba the Hutt's son, a little baby Hutt the size of a basketball. Dooku tries to frame the Jedi for the kidnapping in order to keep the Jedi from accessing the trade routes that Jabba controls. Anakin and Ahsoka save Jabba's son and nickname him 'Stinky'. Anakin nicknames Ahsoka 'Snips.' As you might guess, there is a lot of humor to this movie. The battle droids are constantly saying and doing stupid things. At one point someone says, "Do you think we're outnumbered?" And a battle droid actually starts counting all the Storm Troopers before he gets blasted. There is a really cool character, Jabba's Uncle, his name is Xero The Hutt, I think that's how it's spelled, pronounced 'Zero.' He runs a seedy night club on that Coruscant planet, I think, and he's a slimy evil cat, much like the character Doc Hopper in The Original Muppet Movie, voice and all. The movie is very female character oriented. Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress steal most of the show during the lightsabre battles, and Padme, who isn't in the movie all that much til the end, does a little reconnaissance work on her own. The coolest of the Storm Trooper family were these Scouts with urban camo armor and helmets, pretty damn cool. Also, it was weird seeing the film open up with the Warner Bros. logo, and there was no long written prologue that drifts out into space, there was a voice over instead. The movie moves nicely, there is no focus on the love story between Padme and Anakin, it's just all out action with very well timed and written plot points.

All in all, I thought it was awesome. The voices of the characters were also done very well, they did not sound all that different from the movies, especially Yoda. Sam Jackson and Christopher Lee sounded great as well. So, anyway, yeah good stuff.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 10:43 PM
Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

So how'd you see it?

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2008 11:43 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
So how'd you see it?

He's a journalist, would have got a free pass or something...damn you Hiker

Comes out on Thursday, and I have Thursday off work, hell yeah

How long after the movie release does the series actually air?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 05:05 AM
Darth Subjekt
The beginning of the end.

Not sure, haven't heard much about that or the live action series lately.

Thanks to Advent for the Sig!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 04:50 PM
Click here to Send Darth Subjekt a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Subjekt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Time to open up a review thread.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 08:36 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
So how'd you see it?

Yeah, I work for an NBC affiliate in Las Vegas, we get passes to movies all the time. Usually they put them out on the news desk for us to grab, first come first serve, but for some reason the lady who put them out had them in her drawer. She had a bunch, so I grabbed one and a co-worker of mine and I went Saturday morning. Most of the time the passes we get are for showings where the local newspaper and magazine critics show up and sit in their designated areas.

One thing that was interesting was the security at the theater making sure no one was sneaking in cameras. They asked us to leave our cell phones in our cars, then they used those hand held metal detector wands to search us. It was like being at the airport.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 04:39 PM
S_D_J
Bane

Hehehe!!! laughing out loud

...REX

He's a journalist, would have got a free pass or something...damn you Hiker

Comes out on Thursday, and I have Thursday off work, hell yeah

How long after the movie release does the series actually air?

I think it begins in November on CN... though I'm not so sure

and I get to see it Wednesday!

"When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die." -BANE

Old Post Aug 11th, 2008 06:11 PM
Click here to Send S_D_J a Private Message Find more posts by S_D_J Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Be sure to post your review in the review thread.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2008 11:39 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Probably going to take my little sister to see it this weekend - I think she's more excited about it than I am! She's been talking about Star Wars nearly non-stop for the past three days. It's adorable.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 05:37 AM
Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Very.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 07:10 AM
Hazardous

24 hours

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 10:36 AM
queeq
Chaos

Almost there.... almost there.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 01:42 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I hope you guys like it, it's a fun little movie. I'm anxious to read your reviews.

Old Post Aug 13th, 2008 11:21 PM